Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

DocDoom2

Yay finished the game! Yeah... Kinda binge-played...
But my reaction to the end of the story:
Spoiler
"Heck no, that ship has my name on it Lillie, don't you dare! NO... I wanted to go back to Kanto..."
[close]
Also was annoying having a blizzard hit 5 times in a row, along with focus blast, I appreciate Game Freak trying to make the games a bit harder, but when it just feels like you're in the Battle Maison all the time it's no fun...
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 19, 2016, 03:53:45 PMhttp://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-479333500

Gen 7 OU is LIT.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-479353411

Trying a hazard variation. Works rather well in concept.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-479377004

V3, featuring Zygarde.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-479391152

Another good battle, featuring a slight modification to V3.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-479394423

GEN 7 SO FULL OF POWERFUL NUKES I CAN'T EVEN
Last time I checked Smogon, leading candidates to get banned from OU are Aegislash (again), followed by
Spoiler
UB-02 "Beauty" a.k.a. Pheromosa
[close]

Admittedly, if they're that scared of the second 'mon on that list, I can see why they didn't unban Darkrai despite
Spoiler
the Dark Void nerf--its accuracy is now reduced to 50% and Smeargle can't profitably Sketch it anymore, so Darkrai may as well not use that move anymore in Singles
[close]

Greninja (all versions) are on track to not get re-banned.
Spoiler
Toxapex laughs at Water/Ice/Poison/Fighting/Fire/etc. coverage and can apparently shrug off Dark/Grass coverage. Tapu Koko outspeeds and OHKOs and some people already want that Guardian Deity banned, too...
[close]

I have to admit that nukes.meta is part of why I'm trying Pokemon Showdown now, although I seem to be slapping Landorus(-I/-T) on every team and he's still scared of how common Ice coverage is. I did have a hilarious time once when I made Decidueye Roost twice in a row against my opponent's Mega Mawile Sucker Punching twice in a row, though...and then I KO'd the already weakened Mega Mawile after I figured my opponent wasn't dumb enough to Sucker Punch a third time.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Anyone else find the story and characters boring to the point of obnoxious?
@Gladion
unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

I also just finished the game. Here's my short thoughts on some endgame story things (I'll save technical gameplay thoughts for my website review)

Spoiler
First off that stupid Magnezone. Never has a single pokemon given me such a hard time in a CPU battle since Ghestis's Cofagirius in BW1. Don't know whether to love it as I missed such a challenge or to hate it due to the fear it gave me afterwards...

...When I spent FIFTY MINUTES in the ending. For crying out loud, so long and drawn out without being able to save, and trying to catch Tapu Koko in 30 ultra balls only to fail drove me insane.

In regards to the postgame I'm sorta mixed how its taking the BW1 route of having every CPU be overleveled instead of at a level where you would be able to progress naturally.

Though I did enjoy the Anabel battle, and that was the thing that made me decide to buy the game to begin with, so thank you Game Freak for at least acknowledging that they exist. Now to try and fight her in the battle tree...
[close]

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Dude

mikey

near endgame
alright so I'm in front of the elite four mountain now.  This is literally the fastest I've ever played through a game.  I really disliked how predictable everything was and I don't like the new cookie cutter story routine with the 3DS pokemon games.  Mostly I have nothing but complaints about this game, but I didn't dislike it.  Like, I wasn't expecting much to begin with and I went in blind, so a lot of pokemon really confused me, especially typing since I legitimately couldn't tell what types any of the pokemon were.  I think I'm going to write a review in my boring thread though where I'd go more in depth about what I specifically liked and disliked about it
[close]
unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Sorry, but I just have to rant about the Battle Royal and I refuse to let anything stop me. Good god, I think it may be worse than the Battle Maison. All the enemy pokemon gang up on you and can use Mega Evolution along with Z-Moves. And this is just the Normal Rank BTW, I dread to think of the Master Rank.

Like usual CPUs use abilities you can't even earn yet due to fake padding by the game developers, (Protean Greninja is still irritating) not to mention that it has an obsession with duplicating Pokemon. (I just fought two Swamperts with similar movesets in the same match) I barely made it through my round alive thanks to a lucky Power Whip, but it also managed to bring the point home of how every pokemon in this region is so damn slow. My team DID OHKO the enemy pokemon when we got a hit, but we were so slow and being attacked by three at once just led to all out hell.

Seriously, just let me get my EV Trained Articuno and Noivern brought over so I can boomburst blizzard everyone to death. Or at least make the World champion QR teams available so I can rent those teams until bank is released from prison.

Of course the first obvious reply you may give is to EV Train my Pokemon... But the thing is, you can't. Seriously, there's no super training and SOS EV training is impossible since you can't attack with a Level 1 Pokemon. (If you can distribute EVs to level 1 Pokemon without having them go to Poke Pelago or battle themselves I'd love to learn) I can't seem to unlock the IV Training mode either and that seems to be because you need to be at level 100 to do so, something that I think will be downright impossible to do in this game without endless rematches against
Spoiler
The Elite Four/Title Defense. There, I gave a spoiler tag out of courtesy since I'm not dumb.
[close]

EDIT: Already found a possible exploit looking back on my match. If you sent out an electric type like I did, teach it moves that would be SE against the types that would be SE against it. For example a power whip for taking out ground types.

To my research, all I have left to do is collect Zygarde Pieces and TMs... And then I'll run out of stuff to do outside of completing the dex.
Spoiler
Which is going to be a bit boring even when the fake padding is removed as lo and behold THEY FUCKING REMOVED THE NATIONAL DEX. You get the Shiny Charm for completing the Alolan dex instead.
[close]
I mean, I guess I could play with people at the local TCG league (Already fought against my friends online) every tuesday, but I think I may be heading back to La Mulana soon. At least the post-story was good this time around.

When I get my overall motivation back and let my anger over recent events in my life subside I'll write my review of this game to give more thoughts in detail on the game as a whole. Thankfully the cheapness of the battle royal is the only major issue I've had so far. (Haven't tried battle tree yet due to me not having a capable team, as this whole fiasco proved)

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

K-NiGhT

So I finished the game. I'm very pleased with it, all in all. I thought the story was actually really good. It was also slightly challenging due to the team I had put together. I was missing some key type coverage going into the Elite Four and nearly paid dearly for it.

ending
Of course, the whole thing culminated in the battle with the "Champion," Professor Kukui, which was a very exciting match. It came down to my last Pokemon, my signature Jolteon that I've had through every game that he was obtainable in the series, which was already at low health from the previous opponent. Kukui's last Pokemon ended up being his Braviary, which worked out in my favor. Unfortunately, I misclicked the first turn and used Thunder Wave, which ended up working out in my favor because para hax won the day, and I ended it off with a sick Gigavolt Havoc to beat the game. It was so fitting that my favorite Pokemon was the one to beat the Champion, especially since he hadn't done much at all through the rest of the game. Nearly brought a tear to my eye.
[close]
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 20, 2016, 12:12:36 PMAnyone else find the story and characters boring to the point of obnoxious?
@Gladion

I'm not that far into it yet but I'm laughing because we always have the opposite opinions on game stories

Anyway Hau is my favorite character right now
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

As a rival, Hau is the worst rival of all time.

As a character, Hau is f***ing hilarious and I love him.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book