tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

mikey

I think poke pelago is cool, but an unnecessary waste of space
unmotivated

mikey

So I'm on the verge of consistently hatching 5 iv dratinis so sound off if you want one and I'll be willing to shoot one your way
unmotivated

Nebbles

Got the shiny Dhelmise!! Only took around 300 eggs

Time to try for a shiny Mimikyu!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

I found a Dhelmise on like my fourth bubble attempt. Relicanth, on the other hand, took me maybe upwards of twenty bubble attempts.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

AUGH I hatched my first shiny pokemon but it's a terrible caterpie
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Guys

I think I'm done with fishing

And I still haven't even beaten the game

TheDreamingHawk

I just use the GTS to fill in the holes, since leveling up is a pain in my hiney in this game.

EV Training though is faster than in XYORAS to me now that I found out that Poke Pelago will max out an EV in one stat after four days of non-stop training, and you can put 18 pokemon in at once!

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Dudeman

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on December 03, 2016, 11:27:28 AMI just use the GTS to fill in the holes, since leveling up is a pain in my hiney in this game.
Quote from: Dudeman on November 24, 2016, 08:20:29 PMGive [Pokémon you want to train] a Lucky Egg, get its Affection level to 1, drop it at the front of your party and start grinding in the Poni Gauntlet by switching out to a stronger party member right at the start of a battle. You'll get at least a level per battle until close to Lv. 40.
This goes really, really quickly for me. The only thing I got annoyed leveling up was a Vullaby since it doesn't evolve until Lv. 52.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

There's nothing more satisfying than that tangible feeling of existential horror when your opponent has been sending out their weaker Pokemon to stall out the rain, but then they realize the rain isn't ending and there's a +3 Xurkitree about to completely pummel them.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dudeman on December 03, 2016, 11:38:34 AMThis goes really, really quickly for me. The only thing I got annoyed leveling up was a Vullaby since it doesn't evolve until Lv. 52.

Ah I've been sticking mine in Isle Evelup. It's almost Level 40 now and I haven't personally trained it a lick, haha.

Also, I caught the legendary Pokémon. In one Dusk Ball. Before it was even down to half health. Oh Game Freak. What a weird story though.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Dudeman on December 03, 2016, 11:38:34 AMThis goes really, really quickly for me. The only thing I got annoyed leveling up was a Vullaby since it doesn't evolve until Lv. 52.
But what about when the trainers run out? There's no point to fighting wild pokemon when the battles are so short and switching out pokemon is an outdated method from Gen I. (Plus evolving my Weavile one level took forever compared to when I fought trainers on the route for the first time and leveled up my normal team like crazy.) They should have made for some easy rematching like in Gens III-IV, not this limited number mess. That's bad game design and I'm surprised they are still continuing it. Heck, even freaking ORAS had the option to rematch trainers in secret bases/certain routes.

Part of me remembers something in BW2's join avenue that was easy to abuse in order to level up my staraptor to level 100. I forgot what it was though...

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 03, 2016, 12:24:00 PMAh I've been sticking mine in Isle Evelup. It's almost Level 40 now and I haven't personally trained it a lick, haha.

Also, I caught the legendary Pokémon. In one Dusk Ball. Before it was even down to half health. Oh Game Freak. What a weird story though.

Like BW1/BW2/XY they force you to catch the legendary. I tried knocking out Lunala but it acted as if nothing happened and made me try again. One ultra ball did it, though thankfully they made up for this with the catch rate of the Tapus/third legend

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

mikey

Um, just spam the elite four.  Your pokemon go from 1 to 40.  Plus you get money
unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 03, 2016, 03:47:49 PMUm, just spam the elite four.  Your pokemon go from 1 to 40.  Plus you get money

That's repetitive and doesn't help you get to level 100 with your team in the slightest. I do it quite often already for evolving pokemon (And gained tons of pokedollars from combining Snorlax happy hour with amulet coin) but there has to be other places to fight trainers and rematch them. from what it seems the only other options is the once a day Game Freak employee (Which gives a nice amount of EXP) and the battle buffet. (where everyone is weak and goes down in a single hit and doesn't give much of anything)

Seriously, I'm sick of pokemon games taking steps back on content that were in prior games. The National dex getting axed and the lack of any CPUs to battle outside of the battle tree make this game one that's fun for 60 hours only to dry up unless you're a competitive number nut. I only have a few more TMs to get, 199 more pokemon to catch and then I already 100%ed the game. All before bank comes out, which is pretty scary if you ask me since I did the same with XY launch and I still had a long way to go due to the national dex. Pelago is something I'm going to tinker around with to build a temporary team in the meantime, but without Pokerus or any good battle items I doubt I'll last long no matter who I EV train. If you can't get to level 100 to use the IV changing bottle caps, why have them?

Maelstrom

The patch that adds bank support adds the national pokedex

Nebbles

I do miss the VS Seeker, I agree on that.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel