News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[GBA] Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak - "Go Ham Rangers" by Altissimo

Started by Zeta, July 07, 2016, 06:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Go Ham Rangers
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Altissimo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh4migQGNbo

This might be unplayable in current state. I don't mind taking out some of the lower 3rds/6ths during the 18th runs, or changing some of the repeated-16ths into 8ths, but I'd like to hear others' opinions first.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

First thing; remember to always bold your tempo direction text.
As far as playability is concerned, here's my general rule of thumb for making passages like those easier. Remove the bottom voice in every other double note (third or sixth) to make things more playable. For things like the opening passage with the LH, that makes things enormously easier. You could also do the same in places like measure 5.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Yes. That's how I would do it, anyways. It preserves the texture but keeps the sheet playable.
what is shitpost

Altissimo

fair enough, i'll update OP.
originals for future readers: MUS / PDF

daj

So I now naturally think of your name whenever I see anything Hamtaro here. Haven't actually taken a proper look at your stuff before, but I gave it a shot and I wasn't disappointed! :) It's a cute soundtrack you've got there, and you've done a really cute arrangement of it. Somehow. I can feel the bounciness in the notes! ^^

Don't know the context enough to properly judge the music, and in my head it sounds pretty goofy and fun, but a couple pointers on engraving stuffs:

in b. 5 you've got two rests in the upper part out of nowhere. Think you've used a third layer, aaaand honestly I don't see too much of a point to it, haha ^^. Think it makes sense to just cut that layer and stick to two parts.

For the lower part in b. 6, try to hide the line below the half-note/minim rest. As a rule of thumb. Unless it goes below the lowest line of the stave we generally hide the bottom line of a minim rest :)

Aaand a bunch of issues concerning playability:

b. 1-2 - issue is with connecting the two bars. We're jumping two octaves within the span of one semiquaver between those bars. It's tough technically, but what bothers me a little is that the left hand part doesn't phrase off nicely; that is, the scale doesn't resolve melodically to where it wants to resolve. Consider moving some notes to the right hand part and resolving the scale there :)

You raised something about b. 5, and yeah, I do think that it's not playable by normal standards. Either remove the bottom part or remove some of them. Really suggest you give the latter option a spin though! Try removing all the lower part notes except for those on strong beats, and you might like the result :)

Other than that, cute arrangement, will keep a look-out for more of your stuff in the future :)

Altissimo

Context:
https://youtu.be/PU6tBlQbNRU?t=13m40s

Quotein b. 5 you've got two rests in the upper part out of nowhere. Think you've used a third layer, aaaand honestly I don't see too much of a point to it, haha ^^. Think it makes sense to just cut that layer and stick to two parts.

Think you meant m. 4. I need 4 layers there because of the way each held note carries over to the end of the measure. But it looks cleaner without rests so

QuoteFor the lower part in b. 6, try to hide the line below the half-note/minim rest. As a rule of thumb. Unless it goes below the lowest line of the stave we generally hide the bottom line of a minim rest :)

sometimes i miss these things, so thanks!

Quoteb. 1-2 - issue is with connecting the two bars. We're jumping two octaves within the span of one semiquaver between those bars. It's tough technically, but what bothers me a little is that the left hand part doesn't phrase off nicely; that is, the scale doesn't resolve melodically to where it wants to resolve. Consider moving some notes to the right hand part and resolving the scale there :)

Good point. Made a fix.

QuoteYou raised something about b. 5, and yeah, I do think that it's not playable by normal standards. Either remove the bottom part or remove some of them. Really suggest you give the latter option a spin though! Try removing all the lower part notes except for those on strong beats, and you might like the result :)

I had already done that, so I don't know if you were thinking I should get rid of even more notes or were using my earlier arrangement.

edit: olimar helped me do some shit, check out OP.

daj

Aaand it's good shit. Looks fantastic and worth giving a shot for now, yay :)

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

hahahaha wtf give me a sec i'll fix it
edit: fix

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot