The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project

Started by Latios212, July 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

You can submit it to the project here. A special update will be dedicated to this project so you don't have to worry about submitting it via the submissions. : )

Jubilife Pianist

That's great! When will this update be? And in the meantime, I'm gonna claim some more songs while I can... I'll post which ones asap!

Jubilife Pianist

Well I hope everyone's close to finishing ;)

I'm also gonna claim 3 - "Special report: "Search for the Red Gyarados!""
5 - "Rival"
8 - "A Surprise at the Lake!"

And I've already done 138 - "Mystery gift"

Trasdegi

So could you share it here? This way Latios will be able to add it in the folder with the others

Jubilife Pianist

I'm not sure how to share it on this thread, I'm kind of a noob at this... It's on Sibelius, how can I attach it here? I can't find an attachment button when I reply like this

E. Gadd Industries

You can upload the files to Dropbox and post the links. You'll need a midi, pdf, and mus file
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Jubilife Pianist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t49n80pdl65my0x/Mystery%20Gift.mid?dl=0             
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ls5ymy10dyvg04d/%22mystery%20gift%22.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5juw1yx9nal5299/Mystery%20Gift.xml?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wue1zu36pks0uty/Mystery%20Gift.mxl?dl=0

Ok so here are the links, I'm not sure its gonna work since Ive never done this before but hopefully it will - the top one is a midi file, the second a pdf. I can't find how to convert it into a mus file but apparently you can upload an xml file to Finale (thats what I'm guessing you're using?), so the third is an xml file, and the fourth is a compressed version (not sure what that means but just in case it helps)

Hope it works!

Olimar12345

Sorry, but the site functions primarily using Finale. You can export an xml file from Sibelius and import it into finale, but it will still need a good amount of editing before it's good again, as the transfer isn't perfect. The PDF and midi files will also have to come from the mus file for consistency purposes.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Trasdegi

You can do it like this:

-Download Finale NotePad 2012 (which is free)
-Download the template here: [MUS]
-Open it with finale NotePad
-Export it with musicxml>export
-Open the xml with Sibelius
-Copy-paste all your notes in it and fill title/arranger
-Export it in xml
-Open the musicxml with finale notepad
-Fix all weird things like collisions wich can happen in the converting
-Save as title.mus
-Save as title.mid
-Export it in PDF using a pdf creator of your choice
-Post the files here

Jubilife Pianist

Thanks a lot for helping out, Trasdegi! I'm really sorry though, but finale can't download on my computer, so I'm not sure how to go about doing this... Couldn't you take a look at the pdf and xml to see if its ok or not? I've seen people move files from Sibelius to Finale like this and the result has actually been fine. I'm really sorry about this problem, I might just stick to playing arrangements rather than making them :P

Trasdegi

Hmm, I'm clearly not the best at rewiewing sheets, but let's see...

There are some formatting mistakes (the Pno. at each line, the url on the same line as the copyright info and title/game/composed by/arranger aren't correctly formatted) and some unplayable parts (measure 3-4-7-8-9 beat 1), but that could be fixed. Otherwise it sounds great!

Jubilife Pianist

Wait, so it actually works? :D How much work would you have to do before its ready to be added? Because if I can upload more sheets like this then I can continue to do the others I claimed, otherwise I would have to unclaimed them ;(

Maelstrom

He was looking at the PDF. You'll need a working .mus file, and have the PDF created from that file.

Zeila

When I imported the xml file, it turned out to be a big mess. What you can do in the future is copy it over to a template file with the correct formatting and various tempo markings. Also, you shortened the game title when it should be "Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version." There's a template file specifically for this project, but there are other ones that may include more stuff that notepad lacks (such as specific tempo markings or articulation). The help board is filled with topics for templates or formatting help

Anyways, I decided to edit it for you so here you go [Mus] | [Xml]

Other changes i made:
- The tempo should be q = 154
- The only mistake in the LH aside from the upper harmonies in the first measure is the very last note (it should be a D)
- m1 beat 2.5 the D should be an E (RH). I also added and removed some harmonies
- Some of these intervals are impossible to play, so try to keep that in mind. It also kind of looks/sounds cluttered so it might be better to just omit the repeating notes at the bottom. I left them there though and moved the countermelody to the LH
- m3 beat 2 the lower note should be a B
- m5 added some harmonies, got rid of the E on the last note, and changed the Ab to a G
- m7 changed the F# on beat 1.5 to a G
- In general you put some notes that weren't there, and a few notes were off

I didn't write down everything so you should check over it to see what's different and change it if you have any issues. Overall, nice job! :3

Btw, is there a reason why you can't get finale on your computer?