Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Crystal Version
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Clair
Instrumentation Piano Duet
Arranger: Tobbeh99

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

So my duet of Clair was apparently overlooked during the project so I decided to submit it here instead. Made the Primo play mostly octaves since it is a 3-layer polyphony. Also included the entire middle voice, which I simplified in my solo version to make it more playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0hlzgwuU9Y
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Wow, looks great! There are just a couple of small things I would like to address:
-Why are the notes in measure 3 on beat three (both hands) for the second part all beamed downward? All of them should be beamed upwards.
-The 8va line is running through the "1" in the first ending, could you raise the ending number a bit so that they are separated?
-I think the last system would look better/friendlier to read if it was shortened half-way, since it is only one measure.

I'll check the accuracy of the notes when I get home, but it looks/sounds great so far! Great work!

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Few more things:
-Measure 1, first part (LH): down-beat of four should be an E# not an F#.
-Measure 2, first part (LH): first sixteenth note should be a D sharp, not an E# (pick a hand though; the RH of the second part is already playing this note).
-Measure 5, first part (both hands): up-beat of three and down-beat of four should be D# then C# descending.
-Measure 8, second part (RH): second note should be an E#, not an F# (sixteenth tied to an eighth).
-Measure 10, second part (RH): the two tied eighth note B naturals should be A#'s (sounds weird, but accurate).
-Measures 4, 6, & 9, second part (RH): the first two sixteen notes followed by a rest sound repeated, but in these instances you've made the second sixteenth an eighth note, making it sound weird (See measure 7).
-Measure 1, first part (both hands): the rhythm 16-16-8-8 is repeated twice, but in your version you have different articulations, unlike the original. I'd suggest adding the staccatos to the down-beat of two.

I did a few other small things, but here is a file with all that I have mentioned so far: [MUS]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

Thanks! I'm surprised that there were inaccuracies on this sheet. Because Latios checked my solo sheet, and I looked at my solo sheet to make sure this one was correct, guessed he might have missed some notes. That also means that all these errors also exist on my solo sheet.

Although,
Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 20, 2016, 10:54:04 PMFew more things:
-Measure 10, second part (RH): the two tied eighth note B naturals should be A#'s (sounds weird, but accurate).
I don't think this is right. I think it should be a Bn. I slowed it down a lot and I'm 100% sure that it is a Bn.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

^thats what I thought, but I literally re-downloaded it three different times from different sources to make sure. It's faint, but it's definitely a second there (or a ninth if you want to think about it like that).

Tobbeh99

I definitely doesn't hear it. I hear a G# in the top melody, a G# in the bass, and a Bn in the middle. I tried slowing it down to 0% speed and compared with my software keyboard. And I hear a Bn. Can someone else have listen to this so we can clear this out.

10/10 tobbeh

cashwarrior1

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

Never mind, it is a B natural. Playing it at regular speed makes that quite apparent. Although, slowing it down to 0.5 speed on windows media player still makes it sound like an A# for some reason. Must have something to do with the soundfont/frequencies.

Olimar12345

double post, use this version or edit yours so that the rhythm in the second to last bar is the same in both hands:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59554832/nsm/NSM%20subs/Clair%20%28Duet%2912345.mus

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

ugh, one last thing (I swear): the measure numbers oddly occur on three of the four staves. Use this lol:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59554832/nsm/NSM%20subs/Clair%20%28Duet%2912345.mus

Looks acceptable now. Might want to have another updater check this out now too, just to be sure.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 21, 2016, 01:49:40 PMugh, one last thing (I swear): the measure numbers oddly occur on three of the four staves. Use this lol:

Looks acceptable now. Might want to have another updater check this out now too, just to be sure.

Fixed.

10/10 tobbeh

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot