News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Shadowkirby is unbanned, rants

Started by EFitTrainr, September 09, 2016, 09:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

The fact that I was warned for plagiarism.
I like food.

cashwarrior1

I mean, plagiarism is wrong, is it not?

mikey

he doesn't think it should count as plagiarizing
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Because it was parody, not plagiarism.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

If he's going to create parody arrangements, he needs to make his own from scratch. Not use other people's as a base without permission. I'm not going to budge from that stance.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Wrydryn

So from what I know, given that it was uploaded through the Panel and not just a post in the Submission part of the forum or just even a post in off-topic that's formatted for the Submission I think a ban was justified. It does end up making more work however short when something like this is done. Even if it's a parody and still technically plagiarism you still need to know your audience and this is the result of that. I hope going forward we can continue to have a solid stance on alts and re-uploading others work so nobody feels slighted on expectations of rules.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 11, 2016, 03:22:01 PMI didn't authorize that
Don't worry, I'm still dead inside.Kidding

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: shadowkirby on September 11, 2016, 08:12:20 PMNah I made a joke.
With plagiarism as its base. Satire doesn't excuse you from criticism.
what is shitpost

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

False equivalence. All Fair Use as applied to parody/satire means is that you can't be sued; it doesn't mean NSM is obligated to host your arrangement.
In addition, Fair Use implies that you gave credit to the original source, which you didn't.
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

If you would have posted them in your arrangement thread, no one would have cared.
It was the submissions that made it a big deal.
Again, people take submissions too lightly. They're for when your sheet is finished, not when you're tired of working on it.
(that last sentence doesn't apply to SK)

EFitTrainr

Except I think you're all completely missing the point that it was a joke

I like food.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 29, 2014, 09:55:18 PMFor something to be a joke, it has to be funny

Sorry Slow, gonna draw your quote from almost 2 years ago into this.

That rule isn't actually a thing, of course, but consider the reception of it to see if it being a "joke" warrants you not being cited for plagiarism.
what is shitpost

EFitTrainr

So are you saying you thought those arrangements were serious in nature?
I like food.