News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The Great NSM Audit™

Started by Yug_Guy, October 22, 2016, 03:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Yug_Guy on October 22, 2016, 06:48:16 PMWe'd have to come up with a quantifiable system.
I think a good system would be to rate sheets based on the amount of errors, but then there's the struggle of major errors over minor errors. I don't have too many ideas on that part.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

cashwarrior1

It would probably be best to check the sheets that are already listed then to check the other sheets for music.

E. Gadd Industries

There are some sheets in the Super Mario Sunshine section that are in need of cleaning up. Of course I plan to be the one fixing them if they aren't gotten to before I finish my MK8 pieces

EDIT: ...I didn't acknowledge the link in the OP. Oops. I still plan to get to those 5.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dekkadeci

Speaking of Th3Gavst3r's highlighting of "Butterfly", a likely licensed song, what is going to be our policy on VGM that samples or quotes licensed songs? For example, I remember reading Dudeman's comment that Mother 3's "Natural Killer Cyborg" samples the guitar solo in Michael Jackson's "Beat It"...and he's correct. In fact, the song samples that guitar riff so often that I'd have to say it's "transformative fair use" if Jackson's estate wants to copyright strike it.

(That Mother 3's "Unfounded Revenge" quotes Shostakovich's Symphony No. 6, but that seems to go uncredited despite Shostakovich not being in the public domain, also irritates me.)

Also, I'd like to see a mention that if a song is NOT in the audit sheet, then it is 100% in the clear formatting-wise.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

1. Wow... just wow. I can't imagine the amount of time and dedication that you must have put into this. Nice job.

2. I'd be happy to do some of the Zelda sheets because I check out Zelda sheets on the site in my free time would love to make NSM a better place and make these sheets a good representation of NSM. That said, because of school I wouldn't have a whole bunch of time to do these, but at least a fraction of my time will be spent doing this.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

JDMEK5

You're amazing, mang.

This is gonna help everyone I think. This work cannot fall into the dark void of oblivion like so many other things on the internet.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheZeldaPianist275

Just saw this, snap.  Yug_Guy, you are a rock star.

E. Gadd Industries

A very patient & dedicated one, at that!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

Another update, more replacements...

The latest update contained 5 replacements, with 4 of them taken off of the spreadsheet.

Also, I'd like to keep the idea of doing replacements fresh in everybody's mind, so I've decided that I will bump this post after every regular update. Any objections?

Latios212

I never object to encouraging more replacements.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Yug_Guy

As per usual, let's get to the replacements:

Today's update added a total of 2 replacements, both of which were taken off the spreadsheet.

This has been your NSM Audit Update™. We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Purple1222119

I'm pretty sure I have all my original files still, I could make the changes on all mine and resubmit them, if that helps lighten this... IMMENSE workload a tiny bit. :P
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

KefkaticFanatic

Quote*Sheet lists Gamer4250 as the arranger, despite KefkaticFanatic being the arranger credited on site
kek

me irl
[close]