News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Which Remixes Really Annoy You?

Started by LeviR.star, November 22, 2016, 04:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Now, I may love Kirby remixes, but people need to stop with the Gourmet Race remixes. Seriously, its reputation is being ruined and almost no one new to the series has heard anything besides the Smash Bros. 64 version.

Stop calling it, "Kirby's Dream Land Theme Song", that's not even close to being accurate.

Also, this theme has become a victim of internet memes.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Olimar12345

As good as many of them are, undertale remixes are becoming old and starting to annoy me.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Remixes that are content without really adding an original spin on the song, or any new content.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 22, 2016, 06:32:08 PMRemixes that are content without really adding an original spin on the song, or any new content.

What I mean is remixes that take great songs and ruin them, like the Wily Wars version of Mega Man's boss theme.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

But the ones I referred to actually drive me insane. Why remix something if you're not going to add anything original?

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 22, 2016, 06:46:17 PMBut the ones I referred to actually drive me insane. Why remix something if you're not going to add anything original?

Hmm... good point. One remix I really like is this: (1:24)
Nearly half of it is new and original, yet so fitting.

InsigTurtle

When you have a remix, you gotta change something, and those changes will always be scrutinized. "Ruining" is completely subjective.
That being said, I really hate remixes that transpose the music to a different key from the original.

LeviR.star

Quote from: InsigTurtle on November 22, 2016, 08:36:23 PMWhen you have a remix, you gotta change something, and those changes will always be scrutinized. "Ruining" is completely subjective.
That being said, I really hate remixes that transpose the music to a different key from the original.

Ooh, yes. Mega Man: Powered Up...

WaluigiTime64

I don't listen to fan content very often, and what I hear ranges from really good, to kinda lame.

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 22, 2016, 06:40:38 PMThe Wily Wars version of Mega Man's boss theme.
Wait, you mean Mega Man 1's boss theme? That was kinda bad in its own right though.

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 22, 2016, 08:39:32 PMOoh, yes. Mega Man: Powered Up...
Curse the remix of Bomb Man's theme.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

braix

I'm going to just go ahead and state the obvious:
"midi remixes" are just ew
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

LeviR.star

Dekkadeci

Quote from: InsigTurtle on November 22, 2016, 08:36:23 PMWhen you have a remix, you gotta change something, and those changes will always be scrutinized. "Ruining" is completely subjective.
I second this--it's transparently obvious when someone has taken the original sound file, changed its key, and re-published it. The instrumentation, timbre, and possibly tempo not changing give it away.

Sadly, this seems to be the bread and butter of "Nightcore" versions of songs. Those are everywhere on YouTube. I've gotta be careful out there.

Tobbeh99

Technically more a cover than a remix, but this song just doesn't make any sense. Why did Dragonforce chose This Song to cover!? Out of all the songs... ...always confused and annoyed me.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Echo

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 22, 2016, 06:46:17 PMBut the ones I referred to actually drive me insane. Why remix something if you're not going to add anything original?

I do it because the original songs are in GBA/DS or some other old-school sound quality, so it's neat to hear what something would sound like if higher quality samples were available to make the songs.

Anyways, nightcore/dubstep and similar kinds of remixes are cancer.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Echo on November 23, 2016, 03:41:51 PMAnyways, nightcore/dubstep and similar kinds of remixes are cancer.

I'm not an expert, but does this count? I hate this remix.