News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

NinSunMoon: NinSheetMusic Official Friendly Semicompetitive Professional Tourney

Started by mikey, January 05, 2017, 08:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

The difference is that every other status condition doesn't render you completely unable to act. Burn cuts your attack and hurt you, paralysis cuts your speed and prevents you from moving occasionally, and poison/toxic just hurts you, but they all still let you attack. Sleep lets you do nothing.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

And sleep wears off.
Are you telling me burn wouldn't completely incapacitate half my team
unmotivated

Dudeman

Yes, if they're special-based. Remember, Sleep Clause still lets you put one Pokémon to sleep, but the point of it existing is to prevent people from sleep-locking an entire team. A person who uses a sleep-inducing move effectively gives themselves a free turn to set-up or otherwise, and extending that across an entire team is broken.

EDIT: I've kind of been stressing "no Sleep at all" too much, my bad. One sleeping Pokémon is reasonable, two is pushing it, three and beyond is cheap. That's the point of Sleep Clause.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Echo

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

unmotivated

Echo

Two questions:
1) Does Silvally count for the Legendary limit?
2) Is Memento/Parting Shot banned when two players that know each other battle online? I know they're banned in Battle Spot because of the Z-move glitch, but are they allowed if you just challenge someone you know online? I couldn't find the answer online, and I'd be willing to test it out with someone if they wanna help.

mikey

unmotivated

Echo

1) :(
2) It'd have to wait until tomorrow at least, but just PM me a good time for you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mastersuperfan

The Parting Shot glitch has just been fixed with the 1.1 update now on the eShop. Don't bother.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Update??!!!?!?!

Also, if we could get one more person to sign up so that we have an even number that'd be fantastic
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 10, 2017, 05:26:10 PMUpdate??!!!?!?!

Also, if we could get one more person to sign up so that we have an even number that'd be fantastic

According to Serebii, at least, it's already up on the eShop.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.