LeviR.star's Miscellaneous Sprite Sheets, Sketches, Comics, and Other Junk

Started by LeviR.star, February 05, 2017, 08:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

About a year and a half ago I started drawing a series of Kirby-related comic strips. I have about 60 total, but haven't made any for weeks. I should get back to them. Anyway...

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Once my scanner's fixed I'll be able to upload more.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

These are awesome! Imo, this thread would be better if you added spoiler tags for ze large pics.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 06, 2017, 04:25:49 AMImo, this thread would be better if you added spoiler tags for ze large pics.

Done! I agree, that looks better.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Sketch for my first ever designed Robot Master, Rivet Man, for a concept fan-game Mega Man Platinum:

LeviR.star

Below is my official first full custom sprite sheet, "Gryll (Kirby's Star Stacker-Style)". Gryll has only appeared in the Japan-only Super Famicom game, "Kirby's Super Star Stacker", a remake of Kirby's Star Stacker for the Game Boy, with extra modes. Gryll is the extra boss of the story mode, and can be fought if no continues are used during the past rounds. This is Gryll as he/she would appear in the Round Clear mode, replacing Dedede in an unlockable "Insane" difficulty level, (and no, Gryll's gender has never been identified.)

(Kirby's Star Stacker is one of the 3 Game Boy Kirby games with custom colors/borders on the Super Game Boy SNES attachment, or the Game Boy Player predecessor.)

I have already submitted this to the Kirby Custom / Edited section of The Spriters Resource; I am currently awaiting feedback. Any feedback here would be welcome!

LeviR.star

Welp. Still no word back from The Spriters Resource. Back to the drawing board (literally)...

Spoiler
[close]

My first drawing to be sketched & inked the right way.

Step 1: Sketch lines. No shading.
Step 2: Pencil in essential lines.
Step 3. Using thin marker, trace all essential lines.
Step 4: Erase sketch lines.
Step 5: Ink in all black areas.
Step 6: Color in with colored pencil

Then I just signed! Nothing to it!

In short: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit was a cartoon character created by Walt Disney that was lost by him and taken by Walter Lantz through copyright law, leaving Disney to vow never to work for anyone ever again. I've been drawing him a lot lately, and this may be my best one! (Though I'm not entirely satisfied with him.) Feedback is appreciated!

Zeila

If you're going to color in straight strokes as opposed to cross hatching or scumbling (coloring in circles), you should be consistent with the direction or at the very least connect it better since it's clear that the pant legs are slightly darker. I also noticed that his left ear and arm look smaller or otherwise thinner than the right counterparts, but idk if one is (or both are) drawn that way intentionally. If you're going to draw something folded, try to imagine what it would look like unfolded, and judge whether the sizes match up

Nonetheless, good job with it!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Zeila on June 09, 2017, 01:13:37 PMIf you're going to color in straight strokes as opposed to cross hatching or scumbling (coloring in circles), you should be consistent with the direction or at the very least connect it better since it's clear that the pant legs are slightly darker. I also noticed that his left ear and arm look smaller or otherwise thinner than the right counterparts, but idk if one is (or both are) drawn that way intentionally. If you're going to draw something folded, try to imagine what it would look like unfolded, and judge whether the sizes match up

Nonetheless, good job with it!

Thanks, Zeila! I'll keep this in mind! :)