News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 28, 2017, 05:17:08 PM#4 Getting close to its last breeeeeeaaaaath
Spoiler
RULES OF NATURE
[close]
You really ought to give this the drama it deserves.

Wow, I managed to make it into the winners' circle! Count me surprised! I was actually not going to enter at all but I knew RULES OF NATURE and had to take advantage of that.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

#3 Lightning Battle - Kid Icarus: Uprising 1 All but one contestant guessed this correctly.

heck yeah I got one right
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 28, 2017, 05:17:08 PM#4 RULES OF NATURE - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance  Only Dudeman knew this song. (Note: melody taken from the chorus at 1:06)
HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 28, 2017, 05:17:08 PMAnyway, our tied people winners are:
MSF
Dudeman
Yug Guy
Well, color me surprised! Then again, I only knew about the Danganronpa theme from this video, so make of it what you will...

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 28, 2017, 07:01:00 PMlet me do one I won't make it tear-inducingly obscure
Feel free to PM LeviR.star about hosting a round--I have, and I'm hosting on April 5-8!

I may as well drop the hint right now that exactly one of the songs I picked is from a game where I suspect I'm the only one on this forum to have ever played it.
Can I also allow people to guess as many times as they want?

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Howdy! Let's get right to it, shall we?

Melody Guessing Contest
Round 3 - MUS - MIDI - PDF

Small disclaimer - the fermatas cause a bit of slowdown during the last measure of each melody: this is not indicative of the actual song. It's just a side effect that I couldn't figure out how to fix.

Anyways, I'll leave you with one hint to get you guys started: Every song on this list has been from a game published on a Nintendo console. Hopefully this makes it a bit more accessible to the average user on this site (this is NinSheetMusic, after all).

And with that, good luck!

ThatHiddenCharacter

And somehow I don't know any of them even though they're all Nintendo songs.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

"Published on a Nintendo console" =/= Nintendo IP

EDIT: I'll join the increasing crowd of people who'll say "I don't know any of these." I do want to point out that each of the melodies this time around are only four measures long, as opposed to the last two sheets with segments that were longer than that.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Zeila

Quote from: Yug_Guy on March 29, 2017, 01:29:16 PMSmall disclaimer - the fermatas cause a bit of slowdown during the last measure of each melody: this is not indicative of the actual song. It's just a side effect that I couldn't figure out how to fix.
In Finale 2014 (and likely the full 2012 version too), you can just go to Playback Settings -> HP Preferences -> Tempo Variations

I don't know any of these either chances are I probably did hear at least one at some point, but I just can't recognize it

Maelstrom

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Dudeman on March 29, 2017, 01:33:21 PMEDIT: I do want to point out that each of the melodies this time around are only four measures long, as opposed to the last two sheets with segments that were longer than that.
Yeah... I was hoping 4 measures would be enough this time around, since I was hoping this would be easier than the last one. But, given that most of you seem to be having some difficulty with this one, I've upped it from 4-measure phrases to 8-measure phrases. The links from my original post should lead to the new version. Sorry about that :-\

Maelstrom