Previous topic - Next topic

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mastersuperfan

How about we just have all four of them so we can please everybody, all right?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

InsigTurtle

How about we, the proletariat, rise up against the bourgeoisie and institute a new society where social classes are abolished and we own the means of production?

In all seriousness, I could do with more tracks from Link: The Faces of Evil so please use it!

mikey

unmotivated

LeviR.star

Maybe I should make an all-Kirby bonus quiz sometime...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Results!

Oh, boy. We had a total of 10 participants this time. This was a close round with quite a few twists, turns, and other funny moments. I'll say right now that some of you got hilariously close to getting another melody and missed it by only a hair. Hopefully you won't be too upset when you see the answers...

MSF ROUND A

Scoreboard (Final)
Black = 0 people
Red = 1-2 people
Green = 3-4 people
Blue = 5-6 people
Purple = 7+ people

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25
[close]

Hints
  • #7: From one of the four main series. Most people will only ever hear this once in-game, but it has over a million views on a single video outside of the game, so I figured people would know it. It transitions into 7/4 in a later section of the track.
  • #8: From one of the four main series. Plays in one of the levels/areas near the end of the game. It is not required to play/enter this level/area to beat the game, however.
  • #13: Not from one of the four main series. Also not playable on a Nintendo system. The title of the song refers to a certain character in the game.
[close]

EASY

#1 (9/10)
"A Theme" / "Tetris: Type A" - Tetris

Timestamp: 0:27 - 0:34

Also in: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, other various Tetris games

Ah, yes. Good to see so many people get this one. Luckily for me, Dekka used the B Theme instead of the A theme for her last quiz, probably because it was harder to recognize. But this one is too iconic to be missed, and it clearly shows in the results, even if I didn't pick the first section.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 05, 2017, 10:51:41 AMmael, you didn't pick up your free point

Guessed by:
  • Dekkadeci
  • Dudeman
  • InsigTurtle
  • Latios212
  • LeviR.star
  • Static
  • ThatHiddenCharacter
  • WaluigiTime64
  • Yug_Guy
[close]

#2 (7/10)
"Temple" / "Palace" - Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Timestamp: 0:41 - 0:48

Also in: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

One of the most popular stages in Melee and Brawl, I imagine. Most people got this one. Good to see. Although a few people did miss it...

Guessed by:
  • Dekkadeci
  • Dudeman
  • LeviR.star
  • Static
  • ThatHiddenCharacter
  • WaluigiTime64
  • Yug_Guy
[close]

#3 (9/10)
"King Dedede's Theme" - Kirby Super Star

Timestamp: 0:40 - 0:45

Also in: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, other various Kirby games

I intentionally picked a part that wasn't in the original Dream Land version, but considering that this same version was remixed in Smash, there wasn't much of a chance that most of you weren't going to get it anyways.

No, this is not Meta Knight's Revenge. You know who you are.

Quote from: Dudeman on July 15, 2017, 11:38:46 AM#3: King Dedede's Theme - Kirby Games Out the Wazoo

Guessed by:
  • Dekkadeci
  • Dudeman
  • Latios212
  • LeviR.star
  • Maelstrom
  • Static
  • ThatHiddenCharacter
  • WaluigiTime64
  • Yug_Guy
[close]

#4 (8/10)
"Vs. Ridley" / "Big Boss Confrontation 1" - Super Metroid

Timestamp: 0:19 - 0:25

Also in: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, other various Metroid games

Hey, would you look at that! The fourth song in a row that appears in Brawl! No surprise here.

And indeed, Dekka did use this same track in one of her quizzes a while back. It turns out that this part here is more well-known, though (probably because of Brawl).

too big for Smash

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 14, 2017, 10:27:50 PMAh, using different sections of an already used song...

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 14, 2017, 09:50:01 PM(THANK YOU, BRAWL!)

Guessed by:
  • Dekkadeci
  • Dudeman
  • LeviR.star
  • Maelstrom
  • Static
  • ThatHiddenCharacter
  • WaluigiTime64
  • Yug_Guy
[close]

#5 (7/10)
"Starship Mario" - Super Mario Galaxy 2

Timestamp: 0:50 - 0:59

I was wondering if I could trip somebody up by using the section at the end. With the high number of people who got this, clearly not. Don't be too proud about getting this one right, though; after all, it is the easiest Mario track in this quiz.

Guessed by:
  • Dudeman
  • InsigTurtle
  • Latios212
  • LeviR.star
  • Static
  • ThatHiddenCharacter
  • WaluigiTime64
[close]

#6 (3/10)
"Realm Overworld" / "Full Steam Ahead" - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Timestamp: 0:31 - 0:44

Also in: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Well, that was quite the jump in difficulty...

Considering that this one has over a million views on YouTube and also has a hugely popular remix in Smash 4 to boot, I figured a sizable people would get this one. After all, I know this one very well, and I've never even come close to touching this game, nor am I particularly good at Zelda music in general.

Nope. You all just love Brawl too much...

Guessed by:
  • Dudeman
  • Maelstrom
  • Yug_Guy
[close]

#7 (1/10)
"Battle! (Solgaleo/Lunala)" - Pokémon Sun & Moon

Timestamp: 0:50 - 1:01

Hint: From one of the four main series. Most people will only ever hear this once in-game, but it has over a million views on a single video outside of the game, so I figured people would know it. It transitions into 7/4 in a later section of the track. (requested by ThatHiddenCharacter)

...Yeah.

I... don't know what happened here. I figured that the battle theme for the cover legendaries, with 1.6 million views on a single YouTube video, would garner quite a few correct answers.

I was wrong. But... hey, at least one person got it in the end!

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 16, 2017, 01:41:04 AMIs 7 the Solgalgleglalgo/Lunalalalalaaalalala battle music

I was building IKEA furniture when it rolled over on my playlist, I still haven't played the game past the first town yet haha

Quote from: DudemanI don't recognize it a bit
To be fair, only the last two measures sound familiar
My gut feeling is Pokémon

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 15, 2017, 04:56:21 AM#7 also sounds familiar to me, but the last note sounds off.
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 15, 2017, 11:59:20 AMI feel like doing everyone a favor and using one of my hints for #7. The only thing I can tell is that I believe it's from either Zelda or Mario.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64I swear if 7 is the missing Pokémon one I'm going to laugh.
Quote[7/15/17, 11:49:15 PM] WaluigiTime64: 7 is still funny.
[7/15/17, 11:49:23 PM] mastersuperfan: 7 legitimately makes me cry

Guessed by: InsigTurtle
[close]

#8 (4/10)
"Melty Molten Galaxy" / "Hell Prominence" - Super Mario Galaxy

Timestamp: 1:07 - 1:17

Hint: From one of the four main series. Plays in one of the levels/areas near the end of the game. It is not required to play/enter this level/area to beat the game, however. (requested by LeviR.star)

Wow, I thought this one would get a lot of correct answers, but it looks like I managed to trap a few people here, especially considering three people got Starship Mario but missed this one...

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 14, 2017, 09:50:01 PM5. Starship Mario Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Ha! Giving such a short section that no one would memorize, but I know too much Mario for your tricks!)
8. Sounds kinda familiar.

Oh, the irony...

Quote[7/15/17, 5:37:39 PM] LeviR.star: galaxy is my favorite game
[7/15/17, 5:37:45 PM] LeviR.star: I usually recognize those
[7/15/17, 5:37:49 PM] mastersuperfan: Megaleg
[7/15/17, 5:37:52 PM] mastersuperfan: The Girl's Sadness
[7/15/17, 5:37:54 PM] mastersuperfan: triggered?
[7/15/17, 5:38:00 PM] LeviR.star: i mean the boss themes
[7/15/17, 5:38:02 PM] LeviR.star: but yes
[7/15/17, 5:38:05 PM] LeviR.star: I AM
[7/15/17, 5:38:08 PM] LeviR.star: DSHNGPWO W
[7/15/17, 5:38:09 PM] LeviR.star: DSONIMGFVS
[7/15/17, 5:38:13 PM] mastersuperfan: well see to it that you don't miss another Galaxy one
[7/15/17, 5:41:18 PM] LeviR.star: DARN YOU MSF
[7/15/17, 5:41:23 PM] LeviR.star: I JUST SEARCHED THE OST
[7/15/17, 5:41:54 PM] LeviR.star: i can't help but think it sounds like waltz of the booze
[7/15/17, 5:42:09 PM] mastersuperfan: LOL

So close, yet so far... So very, very far...

Guessed by:
  • Dudeman
  • Latios212
  • Static
  • WaluigiTime64
[close]

Easy Section (8): Scores
Dudeman (7)
Static, WaluigiTime64 (6)
LeviR.star, ThatHiddenCharacter, Yug_Guy (5)
Dekkadeci, Latios212 (4)
InsigTurtle, Maelstrom (3)

Average Score: 4.8 (60%)
[close]

MEDIUM

#9 (3/10)
"Moonstruck Blossom" - Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Timestamp: 0:20 - 0:32

Very recognizable, memorable track that plays during the second phase of the final boss battle. If you've played this game, you got this one.

If you've listened to high-quality animated Snow Halation rips, you also got this one.

Guessed by:
  • Dekkadeci
  • Dudeman
  • LeviR.star
[close]

#10 (4/10)
"Another Medium" - Undertale

Timestamp: 0:36 - 0:51

I picked a weird part to try tripping people up yet again. It actually worked. A decently popular Undertale song, and still less than half of the participants got it. I was considering putting this one in the Easy section, but I ended up inserting it as the second melody of the Medium section because, y'know, it's... Another Medium. Heh. Hehe.

Guessed by:
  • Dudeman
  • Static
  • WaluigiTime64
  • Yug_Guy
[close]

#11 (3/10)
"Vs. Suicune" / "Vs. Legendary Beast" - Pokémon Crystal Version

Timestamp: 0:53 - 1:03

Also in: Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions, Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Songs from Gen 2 have evidently been getting quite a lot of guesses, so I picked a battle theme exclusive to Crystal to see how well people truly knew the music. Three out of ten isn't bad, I suppose, but I was expecting those three to get it anyways. Looks like the rest of you just aren't as good as they are...

Guessed by:
  • Dudeman
  • InsigTurtle
  • Latios212
[close]

#12 (1/10)
"Animal Village" - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Timestamp: 0:00 - 0:10

I guess not that many people know the soundtrack of this game. Not much else to say.

...I should really replay this game sometime.

Quote from: Dudeman on July 15, 2017, 11:38:46 AM#12: My brain's telling me this is from one of the Oracle games, but a quick trip through my memory and the soundtrack isn't bringing anything up, so...

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 14, 2017, 09:50:01 PM12. Also sounds kinda familiar.

Guessed by: Maelstrom
[close]

#13 (3/10)
"The Man with the Machine Gun" - Final Fantasy VIII

Timestamp: 1:04 - 1:18

Hint: Not from one of the four main series. Also not playable on a Nintendo system. The title of the song refers to a certain character in the game. (requested by Dekkadeci)

Undoubtedly the most iconic theme from this game. Covers of this track are spread out all across YouTube. Three people got it, even though I doubt any of the participants here have played this game. I know I haven't.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 16, 2017, 02:52:15 AMI still keep hearing that melody being played by an electric guitar. Unfortunately, I'm running out of GaMetal ideas right now.
Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 16, 2017, 05:06:15 PMNow I remember thinking that the Black Mages version missed the best part of this song--the starting background ostinato.

Guessed by:
  • Dekkadeci
  • Dudeman
  • Yug_Guy
[close]

#14 (1/10)
"Magma Flows" - Kirby Air Ride

Also in: Kirby Mass Attack

To be honest, I was pretty surprised at who did and didn't get this one. Perhaps the part was a little too short to be recognized by those who knew it, though, but I'd say it's pretty distinctive, at least.

All y'all know are the Air Ride tracks in Smash. I can't believe you guys. This soundtrack is too good to be ignored.

Quote from: Latios21214 - definitely familiar
seems like maybe kirby
but maybe it's just the rhythms that say that

Guessed by: Static
[close]

#15 (1/10)
"Champion Alder" - Pokémon Black & White Versions

Timestamp: 0:19 - 0:29

*jumps off cliff*

Every time this dude showed up, I stopped and sat around listening to this awesome tune for a solid minute or two. I picked the second part of the track to make sure that those scumbag players who mashed the A button to get through the dialogue as quickly as possible wouldn't get this one. It's a shame only one person knew it... but at least it's more well-known than Embracing One's Duty.

Guessed by: Latios212
[close]

#16 (1/10)
"Rainbow Castle" - Mario Party

Timestamp: 0:14 - 0:22

Ah, the nostalgia... I remember buying a cheap used N64 just for the sake of playing this game (and Mario Party 3, but I liked this one more). And yes, I, too, got blisters on my hand in those rotating mini-games. This is arguably the most well-known track in the game, and I was really hoping someone would recognize this one.

Thankfully, after a while, someone did.

Quote[7/15/17, 6:55:17 PM] mastersuperfan: if you do nothing #16 might end up never being guessed...
[7/15/17, 6:55:22 PM] WaluigiTime64: Actually 16 might be a Mario song and I'll die.
[7/15/17, 6:55:29 PM] mastersuperfan: Mario Kart
[7/15/17, 6:55:30 PM] WaluigiTime64: That's what I was wondering.
[7/15/17, 6:55:43 PM] WaluigiTime64: 16 hadn't been guessed, but it sounds so familiar.
[7/15/17, 6:55:52 PM] mastersuperfan: yeah I'm listening to it right now
[7/15/17, 6:55:53 PM] mastersuperfan: I love this song
[7/15/17, 6:55:54 PM] mastersuperfan: hehehe
[7/15/17, 6:56:48 PM] WaluigiTime64: Gee thanks dude real nice.
[7/15/17, 6:56:58 PM] mastersuperfan: I'm not here to be nice
Quote from: WaluigiTime64AGH
YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME
I GOT IT
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I might just go listen to Rainbow Castle for half an hour just to relish my pathetically small victory.

Guessed by: WaluigiTime64
[close]

Medium Section (8): Scores
Dudeman (4)
Dekkadeci, Latios212, Static, WaluigiTime64, Yug_Guy (2)
InsigTurtle, LeviR.star, Maelstrom (1)
ThatHiddenCharacter (0)

Average Score: 1.7 (21.25%)
[close]

HARD

#17 (2/10)
"Dark Crater" - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness

Timestamp: 0:45 - 0:55

Plays in one of the last dungeons in the game. It's one of the tracks with the fewest views on YouTube, and I figured the melody would be a bit hard to recognize due to the nature of the original instrument. It seems that I couldn't fool any PMD fans with this one. I'm not disappointed, though.

Guessed by:
  • InsigTurtle
  • Latios212
[close]

#18 (2/10)
"Drawcia Soul" - Kirby: Canvas Curse

Timestamp: 0:56 - 0:59

Oops. Looks like this one got more guesses than the second Medium Kirby song. But this one's at the beginning of the Hard section, so it's not like I was expecting it to go by unguessed. If you know the music of the game, you do know this track. I just didn't expect people to be very familiar with this game.

Quote from: LeviR.starthat's the creepiest song in kirby

Guessed by:
  • Dekkadeci
  • LeviR.star
[close]

#19 (0/10)
"Pursuit ~ Overtaken" - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Timestamp: 0:39 - 0:51

...Where'd our Ace Attorney fans go? I did think we had a few here... After all, we were just having this conversation in the other thread next door:

Quote from: Nebbles on July 14, 2017, 01:16:45 AMStarted Apollo Justice and holy moly this OST is amazing so far
Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 14, 2017, 04:26:34 AMThat's a fantastic score. AJAA's version of "Pursuit" is among my favorite tracks from any game.

It seems... that the only true fans of Ace Attorney music are the ones who just aren't competing in this game. :'(

Guessed by: ---
[close]

#20 (0/10)
"Piercing the Sky" - VVVVVV

Timestamp: 1:45 - 2:01

My favorite track in the OST, bar none. I love it so much. It easily takes one of the top spots on my list of my favorite VGM of all time.

I was getting pretty sad that nobody recognized it when, lo and behold, SiIvaGunner happens to post a rip of the very same track in the middle of the competition! As a hint, I so inconspicuously dropped it wordlessly in the Best of SiIvaGunner thread:

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 15, 2017, 09:24:38 PM

Strange, though. Nobody got it. Proof that if you post something in that thread, other people won't listen.

Joke's on you, Maelstrom. You may have seen the Pressure Cooker rip, but you didn't listen to this one.

[close]

#21 (3/10)
"Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon" - Touhou 8: Imperishable Night

Timestamp: 2:27 - 2:34

One of the few Touhou tracks that I've been very familiar with for a long time, actually. It's pretty good. Not my favorite (not even close, actually), but good enough to warrant its place in my quiz. I jacked up the difficulty on the part I chose to make it more fitting for the Hard section (even though it was a bit of a pain to transcribe).

...I'm surprised. It actually worked.

Quote(A while back...)
Maelstrom: Wah/static will get it no matter what you do
Maelstrom: Even if it's PC-98
mastersuperfan: I want to test that

Quote[7/15/17, 12:55:52 AM] mastersuperfan: LOL
[7/15/17, 12:56:08 AM] mastersuperfan: HA GUESS WHAT
[7/15/17, 12:56:11 AM] mastersuperfan: STATIC DIDN'T GET IT
[7/15/17, 12:56:14 AM] WaluigiTime64: rip
[7/15/17, 12:56:19 AM] mastersuperfan: IT WORKED
[7/15/17, 12:56:22 AM] WaluigiTime64: I want to yell at him, but I feel like I shouldn't.
[7/15/17, 12:57:11 AM] WaluigiTime64: I might yell at him about 12 hours before the answers are posted.

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 15, 2017, 12:30:57 AMAlso took me a while, I knew it was Touhou, but so many Touhou pieces use long rambling piano solos

Guessed by:
  • InsigTurtle
  • Maelstrom
  • WaluigiTime64
[close]

#22 (0/10)
"Eclipse of the Moon" - Hyrule Warriors

Timestamp: 1:05 - 1:16

...Oh, actually? I'm the only one who played this game? Hmm. I thought it had pretty good sales, but I suppose that doesn't quite reflect on the participants in this contest (see: #23 as well). This one has a lot of YouTube views, too, so I was hoping that at least someone would know it.

The action in Hyrule Warriors gets pretty noisy though, what with all the slashing sound effects and Link's KYAH HYAH HYAH. I guess I can't really blame anyone for not getting it.

[close]

#23 (0/10)
"Lunar Colony" - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Timestamp: 0:38 - 0:51

Ehehehehehe.

In actuality, I was wholly expecting this one to get guessed; I only ended up moving it near the end of the Hard section just to be safe. This game had pretty stellar sales, and I thought the Battle Mode was one of its main selling points. There's at least one person I've seen playing this game on my Switch friends list who didn't get it...

What, you didn't get the game to play Battle Mode? C'mon, man...

Oh. Also.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

You're welcome, Wah. ;)

[close]

#24 (0/10)
"Everything's Alright" - To The Moon

Timestamp: 0:50 - 0:58

Well, Olimar decided not to show up for this competition, so this one didn't have much of a chance getting guessed. 2 million views on two different videos hardly means anything to the recognizability of these melodies if it's a indie game only for PC and mobile, after all. Am I right?

[close]

#25 (0/10)
"Moon Princess" - Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure

Timestamp: 1:44 - 2:00

You might have noticed a pattern by now. Yep, I snuck a theme into the last five tracks. Specifically, a theme about the moon. Except nobody got any of these except for #21, so nobody ever found out.

Ahem. Yes. Now, about the track itself... Well, I placed it at #25 for a reason. If you've played this game, you would certainly remember this beautiful melody. I wanted to see if there was anyone else who discovered this underrated gem. But, of course, nobody has.

It's a shame. It is a pretty good game.

Quote[7/15/17, 11:44:49 PM] mastersuperfan: tbh I was expecting everything other than #25 to get guessed
[7/15/17, 11:45:01 PM] WaluigiTime64: Oh boy 25 must be something else.

[close]

Hard Section (9): Scores
InsigTurtle (2)
Dekkadeci, Latios212, LeviR.star, Maelstrom, WaluigiTime64 (1)
Dudeman, Static, ThatHiddenCharacter, Yug_Guy (0)

Average Score: 0.7 (7.78%)
[close]

SCORES BY SERIES:

Mario (4)
WaluigiTime64 (3)
Dudeman, Latios212, Static (2)
InsigTurtle, LeviR.star, ThatHiddenCharacter (1)
Dekkadeci, Maelstrom, Yug_Guy (0)

Average Score: 1.2 (30%)
[close]

Kirby (4)
Dekkadeci, LeviR.star (3)
Dudeman, Static (2)
Latios212, Maelstrom, ThatHiddenCharacter, WaluigiTime64, Yug_Guy (1)
InsigTurtle (0)

Average Score: 1.5 (37.5%)
[close]

Pokémon (4)
InsigTurtle, Latios212 (3)
Dudeman (1)
Dekkadeci, LeviR.star, Maelstrom, Static, ThatHiddenCharacter, WaluigiTime64, Yug_Guy (0)

Average Score: 0.7 (17.5%)
[close]

Zelda (4)
Dudeman, Maelstrom, Yug_Guy (2)
Dekkadeci, LeviR.star, Static, ThatHiddenCharacter, WaluigiTime64, Yug_Guy (1)
InsigTurtle, Latios212 (0)

Average Score: 1.2 (30%)
[close]

Miscellaneous (9)
Dudeman, WaluigiTime64, Yug_Guy (4)
Dekkadeci, Static (3)
InsigTurtle, LeviR.star, Maelstrom, ThatHiddenCharacter (2)
Latios212 (1)

Average Score: 2.7 (30%)
[close]

OVERALL SCORES

And the winner is...
DUDEMAN! (Again!)

With a final score of 11/25! Impressive!

And congratulations to our runner-up, WaluigiTime64, with a score of 9/25!
[close]

Score List
1st: Dudeman (11)
2nd: WaluigiTime64 (9)
3rd: Static {8}

4th: Dekkadeci, Latios212, LeviR.star, Yug_Guy (7)
8th: InsigTurtle (6)
9th: Maelstrom, ThatHiddenCharacter (5)

Average Score: 7.2 (28.8%)

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 15, 2017, 12:30:57 AMI tried my best! Please do not be harsh on me, master! That sounds kinky now! Sorry!
[close]

Melodies per Participant
Dekkadeci (7): 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 13, 18
Dudeman (11): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13
InsigTurtle (6): 1, 5, 7, 11, 17, 21
Latios212 (7): 1, 3, 5, 8, 11, 15, 17
LeviR.star (7): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 18
Maelstrom (5): 3, 4, 6, 12, 21
Static {8}: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 13
ThatHiddenCharacter (5): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
WaluigiTime64 (9): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 16, 21
Yug_Guy (7): 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 13
[close]

Hints Remaining
Dekkadeci: 2
Dudeman: 3
InsigTurtle: 3
Latios212: 3
LeviR.star: 2
Maelstrom: 3
Static: 3
ThatHiddenCharacter: 2
WaluigiTime64: 3
Yug_Guy: 3
[close]

SCORE SPREADSHEET
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

You told me there were four Zelda songs yet I'm only seeing three

I probably wouldn't have gotten animal village even though I played the heck out of it last winter
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

2, 6, 12, 22.

Unless you mean to say that Hyrule Warriors isn't a "true" Zelda game and thus shouldn't be considered a part of the series?

mikey

I guess the music is pretty Zelda ish but I think it's considered a dynasty warriors game

Edit: yeah dude I'm pretty sure nobody plays that game anymore
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

I don't see a reason not to consider it both a Zelda and a Dynasty Warriors game. A crossover represents both series, after all.

mikey

At the very least it's not a Zelda game in the same way aol and botw aren't Zelda games
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 17, 2017, 06:16:38 PMEdit: yeah dude I'm pretty sure nobody plays that game anymore

Yeah that's why I put in the Hard section, see?

Dudeman

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 17, 2017, 06:00:00 PM
#12 (1/10)
"Animal Village" - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Timestamp: 0:00 - 0:10

I guess not that many people know the soundtrack of this game. Not much else to say.

...I should really replay this game sometime.

Guessed by: Maelstrom
[close]
AAAAAAAGH OF COURSE IT'S THE OTHER GB ZELDA GAME DAMMIT
And the winner is...
DUDEMAN! (Again!)

With a final score of 11/25! Impressive!

And congratulations to our runner-up, WaluigiTime64, with a score of 9/25!
[close]
I find these corruptions of my avatar greatly amusing

ninja'd:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 17, 2017, 06:19:40 PMAt the very least it's not a Zelda game in the same way aol and botw aren't Zelda games
u wot m8
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 17, 2017, 06:00:00 PM"King Dedede's Theme" - Kirby Super Star

No, this is not Meta Knight's Revenge. You know who you are.

What moron guessed Meta Knight's Revenge?

#8 (4/10)
"Melty Molten Galaxy" / "Hell Prominence" - Super Mario Galaxy

Timestamp: 1:07 - 1:17

Hint: From one of the four main series. Plays in one of the levels/areas near the end of the game. It is not required to play/enter this level/area to beat the game, however. (requested by LeviR.star)

Wow, I thought this one would get a lot of correct answers, but it looks like I managed to trap a few people here, especially considering three people got Starship Mario but missed this one...

Oh, the irony...

So close, yet so far... So very, very far...

Guessed by:
  • Dudeman
  • Latios212
  • Static
  • WaluigiTime64
[close]

I KNEW IT WAS FROM GALAXY. IT WAS ON THE TIP OF MY TONGUE. THIS WAS THE FIRST NSM SHEET I EVER LOOKED AT. BACK IN 5TH GRADE.

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?

#14 (1/10)
"Magma Flows" - Kirby Air Ride

Also in: Kirby Mass Attack

To be honest, I was pretty surprised at who did and didn't get this one. Perhaps the part was a little too short to be recognized by those who knew it, though, but I'd say it's pretty distinctive, at least.

All y'all know are the Air Ride tracks in Smash. I can't believe you guys. This soundtrack is too good to be ignored.

Guessed by: Static
[close]

I think msf's just trying to make sure the only Kirby tracks I miss are from Air Ride.

Keep this up, msf, and I'll start including Block Ball tracks in my quizzes. Fair's fair.

#23 (0/10)
"Lunar Colony" - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Timestamp: 0:38 - 0:51

Ehehehehehe.

In actuality, I was wholly expecting this one to get guessed; I only ended up moving it near the end of the Hard section just to be safe. This game had pretty stellar sales, and I thought the Battle Mode was one of its main selling points. There's at least one person I've seen playing this game on my Switch friends list who didn't get it...

What, you didn't get the game to play Battle Mode? C'mon, man...

Oh. Also.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

You're welcome, Wah. ;)

[close]

Golly, if only I had a Switch...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements