News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Pianoth's Arrangements: New Zelda Breath of the Wild

Started by Pianoth, March 30, 2017, 03:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianoth

Welcome to Pianoth's arrangements topic!

Hi, I'm Pianoth Eakòs Shaveck, and I'm an Italian pianist and composer. In this topic, I'll put all the arrangements I'll share on this site, along with my recording for all of them. I always play my arrangements, so it isn't really a problem for me to record them. I always try in my arrangements to be as close as possible to the original music, and I can do that thanks to my absolute pitch, but I also make sure that the arrangements are playable and readable, also considering that I play them. However, they tend to be pretty hard, because I simplify only when necessary (in other words, only if I can't play it, and I can play many things ;D).

Now, since I'm still new to this forum (I created this account on March 30), I can only show few scores for now. I'll record the scores once they get on the main site. I don't think I'll be much participative on the forum, unfortunately, since I'm always busy with more serious piano or composing stuff. But I will make sure to share some quality scores ;)

[NDS] – Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Vast Ice Mountain PeakOriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDFMy recording
[NS] – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Korok Forest (All-day)OriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDFNo recording planned
Korok Forest (Day)OriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDFMy recording
Korok Forest (Night)OriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDFMy recording
Main ThemeOriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDFMy recording
Parasailing MinigameOriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDFMy recording
Waterblight GanonPhase 1 Phase 2MIDIMUSMUSXPDFMy recording
Spirit Orb ObtainedOriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDFMy recording
Spirit Orb Obtained (Duet)OriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDFMy recording

Link to a folder containing all the files I've shared on this site.

Latios212

Hi, welcome to NSM! Whoa.. your name starts with "Piano"? :P

Very nice first sheet you have there. Looks super clean. As for other Pokémon and Final Fantasy arrangements, I'd like to see them anyway! Just because someone else has arranged a version of it doesn't mean you shouldn't share yours as well. In fact, some Pokémon sheets (and many more Final Fantasy sheets, proportionally) are in need of replacements... um yeah if you browse some of them they're embarrassingly bad since they were from a time before quality control was implemented :P

Anyway, yeah, hi, and hope you stick around!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Welcome to NinSheetMusic, Pianoth! I hope you enjoy your stay and I look forward to seeing your transcriptions!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianoth

Quote from: Latios212 on March 30, 2017, 04:01:21 PMHi, welcome to NSM! Whoa.. your name starts with "Piano"? :P
Thanks ;D It would be awesome, but no, unfortunately that's not my real name :-\ ;D That's the artistic name I gave to myself, though, so I would prefer to be called "Pianoth". :D

I would share some arrangements for Pokémon and Final Fantasy, but as I've said, I've done them in the past (2012ish). So they kinda need an update too ;D This is just an example anyway. You can see it was uploaded in 2012... And yeah, the notes are accurate, and it's possible to play it taking some notes with the left hand (assuming it's a big hand), but the layout is pretty bad.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 30, 2017, 04:03:43 PMWelcome to NinSheetMusic, Pianoth! I hope you enjoy your stay and I look forward to seeing your transcriptions!

daj

I think "Pianoth" is a wonderful artistic name with lots of nice flavour! ^^ Welcome to the forums, man, glad to have you here!

It's amazing to think that a serious pianist/composer would come here, so hey! That's awesome. Your first sheet looks really good too! ^^ Above that though, I'm really looking forward to your performances especially. You seem to be pretty competent at what you do, so that's more yay for us all :)

Keeping a lookout for this thread, but have a great stay at NSM~

PetrifiedLasagna

Welcome to NSM Pianoth! I can't wait to make your acquaintance.

And by the way, what a solid sheet. I think I have just found the next song I will learn! :)
I hope to see you around more.

Pianoth

As I mentioned in this post, I decided to split the score in "Day" and "Night". So I've added those files in the list. I also did several pretty significant improvements to the "All-day" score, so if anyone downloaded the score that was there yesterday (and earlier today) I highly suggest to update the files.
I didn't have time to record the score yet, I'll probably record it tomorrow though. I'll just record the All-day score, since it includes the other two.

Sebastian

Welcome to NinSheetMusic, Pianoth. You've got some great looking stuff here! Can't wait to see more. : )

Pianoth

Quote from: Pianoth on March 31, 2017, 01:34:01 PMI didn't have time to record the score yet, I'll probably record it tomorrow though. I'll just record the All-day score, since it includes the other two.
In case anyone is wondering, I didn't put a recording yet of the arrangement because I decided to wait that the scores are in a final state. So I'll wait a bit before actually recording.

Pianoth

New arrangement:
[NS] - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Parasailing MinigameOriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDF
The left hand was pretty hard to arrange, it needed a lot of simplifications to make it playable.

Latios212

Great work! The left hand looks challenging but doable. I would look to alternatives for measure 6 though, as the LH part moves uncomfortably into the melody's range; perhaps lower the offbeat harmonies a bit or something. I would definitely say that this sheet deserves more space - briefly experimenting, personally I would go for all three-measure systems (except for the first and last, which would have four).

Oh, and perhaps use a dotted quarter in m. 10 beat 3?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianoth

Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2017, 11:43:00 AMGreat work! The left hand looks challenging but doable. I would look to alternatives for measure 6 though, as the LH part moves uncomfortably into the melody's range; perhaps lower the offbeat harmonies a bit or something.
I wouldn't have published it if it wasn't doable. I can play it, I haven't recorded it decently yet, but just to give proof of concept, I'll give you a recording with some wrong notes: http://www.mediafire.com/file/avhy2fc13asqv12/Parasailing_minigame.mp3
M6 shouldn't be a problem to play, the right hand can easily take some notes of the left hand, I'll just redistribute the notes. I was worried more of the LH in the last bars, but it's absolutely doable, as you can hear in the audio, it's not even that hard actually (at least for me). The thing I changed there is that I moved the D in the bass one octave up, if you didn't notice. I didn't find better solutions, trying to sound as close as possible to the OST. I might do some changes anyway, to other bars, it's not definitive yet. It's a good starting point ;)

Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2017, 11:43:00 AMI would definitely say that this sheet deserves more space - briefly experimenting, personally I would go for all three-measure systems (except for the first and last, which would have four).
All righty. :)

Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2017, 11:43:00 AMOh, and perhaps use a dotted quarter in m. 10 beat 3?
Actually, the last tied D was supposed to be a pause, like in m11. My bad. One thing I have to change is that tenuto on the F in m12. It doesn't make sense on a piano, unfortunately. And I know since I played it, as you can see lol (if you're wondering, I compose and arrange away from the piano. I found with experience that it's a lot better and faster, at least for me)

Pianoth

Updated the links. I did several improvements, but the big change is in the layout (as suggested by Latios212). I also put some fingering where I think it wasn't obvious enough. The fingering I put is for medium/large hands. Small hands would need to use slightly different fingering there.

Pianoth

New arrangement:
[NS] - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Waterblight GanonPhase 1 Phase 2MIDIMUSMUSXPDF
I wanted to publish this one, even though I'm not done with this other one yet. Left hand is pretty hard in this arrangement, if you have small hands. In that case, I would suggest to not play all the notes. On the other hand, if you have large hands, playing all the notes shouldn't be too hard (I can do it without too much trouble).

Pianoth

2 new arrangements:
[NDS] – Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Vast Ice Mountain PeakOriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDF
[NS] – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Main ThemeOriginalMIDIMUSMUSXPDF
I put a lot of effort in both of this arrangements. They both contain fingerings, when I thought it was necessary, and I tried to put the best fingering, at least for my hand, studying several possibilities. I also tried to be pretty precise with the dynamics. For example, I used every dynamic between ppp and ffff in the Main Theme ;D (It wasn't intentional)

I also did some corrections to Parasailing Minigame, so I updated the links of that.