News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe/Kirby's Blowout Blast/Kirby: Battle Royale

Started by LeviR.star, April 12, 2017, 04:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

OMIGOSH.

THIS IS HUGE. Finally, after 4 months of suspense, I we finally know what games we're getting for Kirby games this year!! They are:

[3DS] Team Kirby Clash Deluxe

Hey, look, we can finally fight Taranza head-on!

Given what happened to the original Kirby Fighters, this game is no surprise. Which means the next one is...

[3DS] Kirby's Blowout Blast

If they were going to make an extension game for Team Kirby Clash, it's automatically a given that this would get its own as well. This one looks pretty good. We can finally prove those know-it-alls wrong and say that there is a 3D Kirby platformer now.

The next one is a mystery, yet still interesting. Title currently unknown.

[3DS] ? ? ?

So, what do you guys think? I for one am very excited for these three games, and I'm sure all of the other Kirby nerds here (where are they?) are as well. So please, let us launch into a Kirby's 25th Anniversary discussion.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Ooh these are pretty cool.

Also I think this should be in the Nintendo Board.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Righto. Can someone move this?

EDIT: Thanks, Dudeman!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Dekkadeci

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 12, 2017, 04:34:33 PMHmmm.... I think Taranza might be possessed.
The speculation in the comments of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g3VWOvlcGs is that "Taranza" is actually Queen Sectonia's original form before she parasitized that bee-wasp body. (Like Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, it's possible that Team Kirby Clash Deluxe assumes you know spoilers from the main game before the one where the mini-game originated from--Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe contains two remixes of Magolor's last final boss theme (from Kirby's Return to Dream Land). To be fair, Kirby: Triple Deluxe reveals that Queen Sectonia is a parasite, but it isn't until Kirby: Planet Robobot that HAL Laboratory drops big hints about what her core body looks like.)

I'm predicting swell title screen music--this one from their last mini-game spin-off batch doesn't disappoint, IMO:

Dekkadeci

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe has been released, and yeah, I decided to expose myself to spoilers as usual:
Spoiler
  • The speculation above was wrong--"Taranza" is actually Dark Taranza, not Queen Sectonia Core.
  • "Taranza"'s boss theme sounds an awful lot like Taranza, Master of Puppetry, which itself distorts King Dedede's theme into a kind of tarantella. This fits, as the last time you fight "Taranza", it's apparently with King D-Mind...
  • King D-Mind, the final boss of this game, looks like Shadow Dedede fused with Dark Mind and likely is. Shoot, how could Dark Mind have risen from the dead?!? Not to mention that his theme sounds like Masked Dedede's theme and Dark Mind's smashed together and played with jazz-like instrumentation...IMO, it's about as lighthearted as the final boss theme of Kirby Fighters Deluxe.
  • The spoilers I have read so far can neither confirm nor deny that Taranza and Dark Taranza are separate entities (or that Dark Taranza is from the Mirror World).
  • Apparently, you also get to fight Parallel Landia and Parallel Susie.
  • You know what this means--Team Kirby Clash Deluxe's OST has been partially spilled onto YouTube, including the boss themes mentioned above. Tread carefully.
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dekkadeci on April 13, 2017, 06:44:27 PMYou know what this means--Team Kirby Clash Deluxe's OST has been partially spilled onto YouTube, including the boss themes mentioned above. Tread carefully.

Can I have a link to that, Dekka? I've wanted to arrange "The Village".

Dekkadeci

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 13, 2017, 07:06:30 PMCan I have a link to that, Dekka? I've wanted to arrange "The Village".

I've put all the Team Kirby Clash OST(/high-quality rip) songs I could find in this spoiler:
Spoiler
[close]
Sorry, I can't find "The Village" right now.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dekkadeci on April 13, 2017, 08:51:42 PMI've put all the Team Kirby Clash OST(/high-quality rip) songs I could find in this spoiler:
Spoiler
[close]
Sorry, I can't find "The Village" right now.

Thanks, Dekka! (It's weird... periodically, every hour yesterday I searched YouTube for OST and found nothing... but thanks! :D)

LeviR.star

Found it! Mura Half

Also, I have a prediction... the trailer stated that the upcoming game is a multiplayer action game for 3DS... given that it's an action game, and Dark Mind was hinted in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, could it possibly be a sequel to this??

Dekkadeci

Vector Harbor is high-quality ripping the closest I've seen to the full OST of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe here.
OST and actual boss theme notes so far:
Spoiler
[close]

Now with character/storyline spoilers:
Spoiler
  • According to this, we've finally probably learned Landia's gender--he's male.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKWhQ9qwMHw and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG6Z3gdyCp8 confirm that Taranza (the "Taranza" you fight first who's stuck with Revenge of the Enemy) and Dark Taranza (the "Taranza" you fight second who gets that "Taranza, Master of Puppetry"-like theme) are separate entities. Taranza was corrupted by the quasi-Dimensional Mirror that resembles Dark Mind (I'll call it the "D-Mirror" from now on as a placeholder name) and eventually summoned Dark Taranza from that mirror. After Team Kirby beats King D-Mind, Taranza stops being corrupted and returns to his normal coloration.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKWhQ9qwMHw shows that, after Dark Taranza is defeated, he summons the D-Mirror and King D-Mind. King D-Mind won't take "I didn't beat Team Kirby" as an answer and smashes him to kingdom come. Given what happened to Dark Meta Knight, I bet Dark Taranza will survive this.
  • As a twist on what happened in Dededetour, Team Kirby smashes King D-Mind right into the D-Mirror after they defeat him for good, breaking it on entry. ...And according to the story panels after the credits, he survives this, too.
  • The spoilers so far can neither confirm nor deny that Kirby is dreaming all this and King D-Mind may not actually exist. For a so-called "a long time ago", Magolor showing up in any form looks pretty dang suspicious to me.
  • Likewise, the spoilers so far can neither confirm nor deny that Parallel Landia is the same entity as Landia (EX), and likewise about whether Parallel Susie is the same entity as Susie. At any rate, Parallel Landia got deranged because he succumbed to the Master Crown.
[close]

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 14, 2017, 01:40:29 PMFound it! Mura Half

Also, I have a prediction... the trailer stated that the upcoming game is a multiplayer action game for 3DS... given that it's an action game, and Dark Mind was hinted in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, could it possibly be a sequel to this??

The definition of "action game" is so vague that all I can come up with myself are shoddy predictions:
  • It won't be a fighting game because there would too much overlap with Team Kirby Clash Deluxe and Kirby Fighters Deluxe otherwise.
  • It won't be a real-time strategy game, a multiplayer online battle arena game, a hero shooter game (a la Overwatch), or any other type of game where Nintendo would need to host multiplayer servers.
  • I can't imagine a full Kirby shooter yet.
  • I can't imagine a full Kirby rhythm action game yet. (Man, I'd expect Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix quality music out of it, though, and I like that soundtrack a lot.)
  • I guess there could be a Kirby maze game, but I'm not counting on that, either.
  • One of the most likely types of action game left is the beat-'em-up.
  • A platformer is the most typical option that HAL Laboratory would create for a new Kirby game, but due to the wording of that announcement, I'm praying it's not yet another one.
So I'm praying and hoping for a beat-'em-up at this rate, especially since Kirby platformers already start to look like beat-'em-ups, but a platformer would be usual news.

In the meantime, I can't even properly predict whether it'll be a spin-off like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse or a main series game like Kirby: Planet Robobot.
Silly predictions
  • If it's a main series game, I'm predicting that the True Arena theme from Kirby Super Star Ultra will return (just like it did in Kirby: Triple Deluxe and didn't in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby: Planet Robobot), but Galacta Knight and his theme won't (just like he showed up in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby: Planet Robobot but not in Kirby: Triple Deluxe).
  • If HAL Laboratory messes up and produces yet another fighting game somehow, I predict King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee will be playable characters. Heck, if they actually do end up hosting multiplayer servers for their new game, I also predict that those 3 characters will be playable.
[close]

Dekkadeci

Welp, according to HAL Laboratory PR Satoshi Ishida on Miiverse, if this official translation from https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAADAAB2V0gMySQ9WA is accurate, the winter "action game" is in fact a fighting game:
Quote from: Satoshi IshidaAs for upcoming games, we're going to let Kirby loose in a 3D world this summer in Kirby's Blowout Blast, and we're also planning an action fighting game for next winter. There are going to be lots of games to celebrate Kirby's 25th anniversary, so I hope you're excited!" That was all! I bet you're all intrigued by Kirby's Blowout Blast and this new action fighting game in the winter.

Stuffing the Japanese version through Google Translate gives me this, which further implies that the new game is not a platformer:
Quote from: Satoshi Ishida, translatedAhead of this, in the summer, Kirby will spin around the 3D space "Kirby's Petit Campaign", and in the winter a match-up game will be released.  Kirby's 25th anniversary is full of game software, so please do expect!  It was that it was.  I also care about 'Kirby's Petit Campaign' and the competition action games scheduled for winter.

Here's hoping it won't be Kirby Fighters Deluxe 2.0--that would get stale quickly.

Now I'll be using this earlier prediction:
Quote from: Dekkadeci on April 14, 2017, 04:35:32 PMIf HAL Laboratory messes up and produces yet another fighting game somehow, I predict King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee will be playable characters. Heck, if they actually do end up hosting multiplayer servers for their new game, I also predict that those 3 characters will be playable.

LeviR.star

LeviR.star

Guys, this is huge. You may already know that I love the Mass Attack design of Swordsman Dark Matter,

and was much displeased with the design of the revival in Planet Robobot,

mainly because:

- his eye is the wrong color/shape
- his "hair" isn't dark purple anymore
- his jewelry is missing
- his sword used the design from his Dream Land 2 artwork instead of Mass Attack's sprites...

- and the confusion of his sword being the Rainbow Sword, or at least a duplicate (Note: The Rainbow Sword has never received official game artwork)

BUT LOOK AT THESE!!

His iris is no longer yellow (or black, but at least it's dark purple/indigo), the whiteness has returned, and the shape is fixed (though the Mass Attack design bore more similarity to that of a ring & Dream Land 2's artwork & sprites.) The chest plate seems to have been changed to a scarf. Plus, the sword (while no longer all dark purple) isn't the same as the Planet Robobot model. It's entirely new, while just very similar to that of Mass Attack's sprites. Not the entirety of what I wanted to have fixed, but still satisfying.

My conclusion? The design changes in Planet Robobot were to signify the fact that he was just a clone, and has been absent from a traditional platformer for some time now.

ThatHiddenCharacter

I didn't know Dark Matter was in Planet Robobot. Where in the game is he? I thought I completed the game 100%.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter