Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon

Started by SlowPokemon, June 06, 2017, 07:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of these games' announcement?

I'm really excited!
I'm cautiously optimistic.
I'm still undecided.
I think it sounds pretty stupid.
I'm angry about it.

SlowPokemon

I mean, I get that but... I'm the sort of person who wants to go in completely blind to games and movies and whatever else. Haha I actually STOPPED following sun and moon news because I got upset with how many new Pokémon they revealed prior to release. I'd be fine if they saved the surprises for the game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DocDoom2

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 06, 2017, 09:06:55 AMNot a fan at the moment. They tried to just put both forms together. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another form that's just a recolor of Midnight form with Middays hair.

But it's orange! Okay, favorite colors aside, I'd agree this isn't the most original design, but not every design can be a home run.
Let's hope it is better than Midnight form in competitive because I think Lycanroc is an awesome Pokemon in general.
Anyone else kinda excited to see what the shiny version will look like though?

EDIT: Just saw the direct footage of the video and DANG I like how they've jazzed up (not literally jazzed mind you) the wild battle theme.
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: DocDoom2 on August 06, 2017, 01:23:39 PMLet's hope it is better than Midnight form in competitive because I think Lycanroc is an awesome Pokemon in general.
Pretty much my opinion. Give it No Guard AND Accelerock, maybe give it a little more attacking stats in exchange for defenses... but they won't do that, will they?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 06, 2017, 10:43:56 AMI get that they tried to merge the two forms together, but the end result is a Lycanroc form that looks too much like the Midday form and doesn't feel very unique. Not what I would've liked to see revealed.
I agree with that. Other than the colouration--and possibly the mane size?--I couldn't tell the difference between this and Midday form.

I bet it'll get a third move the other 2 forms don't already have. And I currently believe it'll be as lame as Midnight form's exclusive move of Counter.

DocDoom2

Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 06, 2017, 03:24:59 PMI bet it'll get a third move the other 2 forms don't already have. And I currently believe it'll be as lame as Midnight form's exclusive move of Counter.

Watch it be splash, I can just feel it...
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

Dekkadeci

Turns out I was wrong--according to CoroCoro, Lycanroc Dusk Form(e?) gets both Accelerock and Counter. ...And it gets Tough Claws!

No clue about the base stats, though.

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

News flash: Lycanroc Dusk Form is event-only and evolves from an event-only Rockruff. Rockruff caught in-game will not evolve into Lycanroc Dusk Form.

WHAT THE FUCK GAME FREAK
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on August 10, 2017, 10:36:09 AMWHAT THE FUCK GAME FREAK
yeah

just give us what's probably going to be a half-decent pokemon free of limitations for once, eh

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Dudeman on August 10, 2017, 10:36:09 AMNews flash: Lycanroc Dusk Form is event-only and evolves from an event-only Rockruff. Rockruff caught in-game will not evolve into Lycanroc Dusk Form.

WHAT THE FUCK GAME FREAK
GET YER ASH-GRENINJAS TODAY

Now that Game Freak's capable of giving away Pokemon that have the same looks and species number as an existing Pokemon, but have fundamentally different abilities/evolution lines/etc., I bet this kind of thing will happen more often, not less.

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm hoping it'll at least have a 135 base attack stat. That would be some consolation.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Double post because NEWS!

GF Employee #1: I don't think we made Kommo-o powerful enough. What should we do?
GF Employee #2: ...
Spoiler
[close]

Alola Photo Club
[close]

And finally...
Brand New Trailer!

Kahili showing up more often?
Ryuki showing up more often in the game? In a building that looks like it could kind of be a Pokemon gym?
Dark clouds floating over Alola a la Platinum?
could the protagonists please close their mouths or something; they look absolutely downright unnerving like that
[close]

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

GAMEFREAK used new trailers!

DUDEMAN fell asleep!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

GF employee #1: how do we get people to buy what's more or less the same game
GF employee #2: add clouds
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

They better not put the music from that first video into the actual game
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.