News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

twg xcv: nothing special

Started by Olimar12345, August 28, 2017, 10:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Also, speaking of content, who hasn't posted yet since the beginning of the phase? Can't really make a good list since I'm on my phone, but those people should probably say something more before a few people start dominating the conversation.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Brainys tone is immensely different from last game
unmotivated

mikey

Msf hasn't posted any more even though he's been present in discord, which I think is odd

Tras is in the same boat but is forgiven because timezones
unmotivated

mikey

Why is Davy a mod, and only Davy?
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 29, 2017, 07:01:18 PMWhy is Davy a mod, and only Davy?

I still see all the previous mods there in addition to davy...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 29, 2017, 05:45:49 PMAlso, speaking of content, who hasn't posted yet since the beginning of the phase? Can't really make a good list since I'm on my phone, but those people should probably say something more before a few people start dominating the conversation.
I'm not sure if I posted since the day phase started. To be honest, I really don't know what to say. This is my first TWG game. I am not learn ed yet.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mikey

As long as you know the basic rules, just try to find wolves
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 29, 2017, 06:59:39 PMMsf hasn't posted any more even though he's been present in discord, which I think is odd

I'm here.

I'm no longer inclined to see any wolfiness in E. Gadd's initial post about inactivity, mainly because of our conversation in the Discord server, and particularly this bit here:

Quote[4:14 PM] mastersuperfan: yet I'm also not suspicious of BDS in the slightest
[4:15 PM] mastersuperfan: comparing the way you and he worded your posts, I'm far more inclined to believe you're a wolf than BDS
[4:16 PM] E. Gadd Industries: And why is that? I'm just curious, because there are all these strategies that I'm trying to understand, but (as we've seen in all games I've played) they go over my head

It comes across as genuine curiosity to me, as well as a desire to improve, while I would expect that a wolf would react more defensively in direct opposition to the wolf reads. (At the same time, some of his other comments are a little harder to decipher, so I'll probably go back and look at those more closely and my view might change a bit, but so far I definitely wouldn't be in favor of an E. Gadd lynch.) This isn't enough for me to read him strongly as town, but I think that if we're to begin looking at people's comments for suspicious points, E. Gadd wouldn't be the place to start.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 29, 2017, 04:21:31 PMAUGHHH I HAD THIS WHOLE POST TYPED OUT AND THE DATA CUT OUT >:(((((((((
#perksoflivinginruralky

To paraphrase, I read him as human. His first post tries to make a reference to the human PM, which could either suggest that he's a wolf trying to hint at his humanity, or the same with a human. There's also his second post, in which he voices his hesitancy to lynch someone just because of the lack of special roles. Which honestly, I can understand that; the chance to mislynch is rather large here. I read him as human for now

Another example of the whole "trying to improve as a good human player." Also, in hindsight I'll admit that my first post referencing the role PM may have seemed slightly wolfy, since humans shouldn't feel much of a need to assert their humanity like that. Honest mistake on my part while trying to make a joke :P
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

I think how e gadd has reacted to the suspicion so far is well within the realms of wolf e gadd.  If phase was ending in 20 minutes who else would you vote for?  Who, so far do you think is off the lynch pile? (Or lunch pile if that's your thing)
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 29, 2017, 09:05:59 PMIf phase was ending in 20 minutes who else would you vote for?

Now that you mention this, I can understand your suspicion of E. Gadd, since there are a lot of people so far who I have a hard time seeing as a wolf--but that's mostly because they haven't been speaking much and there's not much to read off of them, while with as much E. Gadd has posted there's inevitably going to be something incriminating to pull out in his posts, regardless of his alignment. If the phase was ending in 20 minutes then yes, I might consider E. Gadd.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 29, 2017, 04:53:08 AM<Noc's spiel about scum reading me>
Huh. I suppose that is a good strategy to have for a wolf... eh.

Especially concerning this post, I'm wondering if I should be expecting him to react more defensively rather than less if he was a human. I can see a bit of wolfiness from this post because he doesn't protest about your read at this point.

As far as people who are off my lynch pile, Brainy's probably the biggest one so far because he's actually contributing this time--unlike last time, which is what got him lynched. (Although who knows, maybe he just learned from last time, but I'd like to think that this read is reliable.) I'd like to say that you're off my lynch pile, Noc, with the leader-like role that you're playing so far... but you do this every game, don't you? Finally, while not completely off my lynch pile since he hasn't spoke a ton, I've read BDS as human because of his relatively positive/enthusiastic attitude so far:

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 28, 2017, 07:53:11 PMbut I'll definitely try to post all I can!

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 29, 2017, 04:45:12 PMI understand the need for a (hopefully good!) lynch

and his posts look like they're helping the human side, especially trying to prevent us from making any mistakes and letting the wolves take advantage of them (i.e. mislynching or not having enough posts to read certain players). I was considering the possibility that his increased positivity, which I don't think I noticed last game, was indicative of a different alignment, but I figure that Noc's immediate claim as the Host ticked him off from the very start, while nothing of the sort has happened in this game. :P So I'll still say that it's indicative of him being human.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 29, 2017, 09:05:59 PMI think how e gadd has reacted to the suspicion so far is well within the realms of wolf e gadd.  If phase was ending in 20 minutes who else would you vote for?  Who, so far do you think is off the lynch pile? (Or lunch pile if that's your thing)
I don't get a real "burning" suspicion of E. Gadd (then again, I haven't really read the chat, if that would shed more light on the issue; tl;dr, somebody?... possibly other than Noc?), so right now E. Gadd would be more of a neutral for me. I don't think I have anybody I'd feel strongly about lynching, though for lynching, I wouldn't be opposed to lynching you if we don't have a better target (for the "usual" reasons; though it's not the best scenario, believe it or not :P), or possibly one of the inactives (which would currently only be Trasdegi, I think? Again, not exactly the optimal lynch, though it's something, I guess?).

only person off the lynch pile for me is davy
go hard or go home

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Trasdegi

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 29, 2017, 10:48:15 PMpossibly one of the inactives (which would currently only be Trasdegi)

Isn't thc not really active too?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Trasdegi on August 29, 2017, 11:00:42 PMIsn't thc not really active too?
Well, this is your first real serious post of the game. THC at least has a few more.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Trasdegi

The only posts he made are about sodas and I don't think it's  serious post