DISCORD MOVIE NIGHT: THOUGHTS

Started by Altissimo, September 06, 2017, 05:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

So as I am currently discussing in the Discord chat, a fair few NSM members like the idea of having a Discord movie night some time. Historically I tend to see these done on Fridays but we can be variable!

How this works: There's a website called https://cytu.be/ where, basically, you can drop a movie in and everyone who is connected to that page (you don't need an account) will be able to watch it, and it will be synced up between all users. If the account holder pauses it, it gets paused for everyone, making it convenient to work with for large crowds.

It accepts video formats from Youtube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo at least, idk about other sites. So in other words, if we want to watch a movie via cytube, it will need to be available on one of these sites.

If you're interested, go ahead and post here with:
-TIMES you are available. We'd prefer weekend days to accommodate as many people as possible. Be sure to include TIME ZONE in your post.
-MOVIES you'd like to see. Please try to ascertain that you can find these on some video site before posting.

... that's about it. Who's in?

LeviR.star

This sounds fun. If you guys would be ok with it, I'd join.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

unmotivated

BrainyLucario

In for any weekend
I don't care what movie, but maybe Monty Python's The Holy Grail
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

WaluigiTime64

wtf is a movie
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

A film, Wah.

Edit: This must be a regional thing. Sorry, Wah, I forgot.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

Motion picture, cinema, film, feature?

Aussie probably use cinema
unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Please understand, Waluigi claims to be from Australia. A man as confused as that can't be expected to understand what motion pictures are.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

LeviR.star

Part of me says Wah is pulling our legs here.

Altissimo

i hate to interrupt this quality conversation about the metaphysical properties of movies but what times/dates work for ppl

WaluigiTime64

i won't be available for it until about 3 weeks from now

mastersuperfan

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 06, 2017, 05:38:11 PMPart of me says Wah is pulling our legs here.

part of me says that that should've been obvious from the start
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.