News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG XCVI: The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Started by mikey, September 11, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

A lot of this has already been said, so I'll quote the old stuff in with the new(er) stuff.

Reasons to lynch E.Gadd:
-The dead horse that was the E.Gadd-BDS bit that made E.Gadd look super desperate for a BDS lynch:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 12, 2017, 07:22:48 PMEgadd - Pointlessly dragging out that convo on pages 2-3 with BDS was pointless banter, like he was just stirring up shit just to stir shit. Suspicious.
noticeable quotes

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 12, 2017, 02:11:24 PM@BDS so what qualifies you to be a veteran, first of all? And secondly, why should I be inclined to follow your instincts? Just because you may be a veteran doesn't mean you're instantly human.

Also,1. But at the VERY beginning with little/no base behind the vote?
ex. of pointlessness.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:01:09 PMThat's a thing people do in day start games. Speaking of, E. Gadd...

Doubting/needlessly questioning a TWG veteran (with a couple day start games played as well), followed up by making a random, irrelevant post? Not looking too good for you. This, at least, is a somewhat more serious vote than the last.
nail on the head (and a good tl;dr)

[close]
Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 17, 2017, 06:22:35 PMIt's because it was such a gross misunderstanding that spanned a page and a half, and nothing else can rival it in size. Just because you realize now that it was a mistake doesn't mean it didn't happen lol. This is a game where we can only analyze what you post, after all, and with a lot of posts questioning BDS's ability to play TWG it looked like you were trying to create drama to lynch him for.

-Not wolfing THC immediately was a good wolf move, as said before:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 19, 2017, 05:18:51 PME.Gadd found out THC's role after THC accidentally mentioned it in the Discord server. After thinking about it, if E.Gadd is a wolf, I think not wolfing THC would be an incredibly smart wolf strategy. Think about when this happened: THIS log, containing THC's private role reveal to E.Gadd took place last Tuesday, 9/12. On Wednesday, 8/13, Lkjhgfdsa publicly claimed to be the Control Freak. With two special human roles to his knowledge, lynching the public role would not only look like a typical wolf move, but it could also be used to gain THC's trust (i.e. "see, you didn't get wolf'd, I'm on your side!" etc.). Basically THC's (a blue human's) trust and E.Gadd's humanity could be gained by not lynching THC before his role was made public.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 23, 2017, 03:58:07 PMUnder the circumstances though it would make waaay more sense to save THC for the next night. Lkjhgfdsa was getting claims that night and was publicly known, so e.gadd and his partner could have easily seen that as night 2 plan.
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 23, 2017, 04:03:46 PMI'll be straight up honest here, I wouldn't've thought about that unless my partner had more experience. Thinking like a wolf, I would've gone for THC because he wasn't publicly known to be a blue, so less awareness of hitting a big role
This is a legitimate possibility; your potential wolf partner probably made that call lol.

-Got defensive when he thought I was insinuating that he was suspicious because he hadn't publicly claimed human, which I wasn't:
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 19, 2017, 07:42:42 PM@Olimar the reason I haven't made a public claim is because it won't do anything to say "I'm a human" because everyone's human in this game. But for what it's worth, I'm human & have never had an item this entire game. Brainy can confirm this, too. In reference to your paragraph about me, that makes sense, but I'm almost not strategic enough to think up something like that. I would've gone for him as soon as I found out to prevent any alliance whatsoever from forming, simply because no one else could've done anything about it (to my knowledge?) and no one would've known he was a blue, either.

-Last-second insta'd Tras to save blueflower.

-This right here:
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 23, 2017, 03:38:27 PMMy thoughts: There isn't much I have to say at the moment, other than I am mostly split in my suspicions between Olimar and BDS. And for the same reasons as before, as none of my suspicions have really been changed. My thing is this: I'm leaning more in favour of Olimar as a lynch candidate than BDS, given that BDS's argument with myself makes sense in the context of himself being a human making a joke. Olimar, however, seems reluctant to let it go despite the fact that both BDS and I have explained it many times. So as of now, I am inclined to vote for Olimar unless someone persuades otherwise.
For starters, no shit you're "stuck between BDS and Olimar," because besides yourself these are the only options. Like, what a pointless post. Secondly, you still seem to think that just because you screwed up early on that because you recognize it and say "oops sry mbad" we should all disregard it. I've already commented on this, but you suspecting me of being a wolf for not forgetting a mistake of yours like this looks more like you trying to cover your tracks rather than to kill a wolf.

Reasons to lynch BDS:
-His playstyle. He's usually careful and doesn't fuck up as a wolf, at least in the games I've played with him (like Get in the Fucking Bag, in which he also didn't get found out until the end).
Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 19, 2017, 05:18:51 PMBDS scares me right now because I don't find him suspicious, other than for the fact that he has been put into the same pool of vanilla humans/wolves. I worry that he could be playing a god-tier wolf game, but that suspicion has no basis other than past game experiences.
So he could be playing really well and I'm just not good enough to pick up on anything from him.

Reasons not to lynch me:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 19, 2017, 05:18:51 PM
Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 19, 2017, 07:24:49 AMI'd like to point out that the only real contribution Olimar has given to this game is accusations and continually saying that my humanity is off
Oh really?

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 24, 2017, 10:29:38 AM@Olimar
Whoops, I thought he was referring to this:

Quote from: davy on September 23, 2017, 11:00:27 AMHonestly, to me I don't really think your earlier post means anything. We are disagreeing about your playstyle this game which I described as wolfish while you see it as normal BDS playstyle. I don't think either of us are going to convince the other.

Additionally, I see no reason to vote Olimar or E. Gadd over you. Neither of them has done anything that stands out as wolfish in my idea, and E. Gadd has that thing about THC pointing towards his humanity. Also, I've really been enjoying Olimar's suspicion lists and other relevant posts, which is why I want to keep him alive for the final phase.

Current vote count:

BDS 2 (davy, Brainy)
Olimar 1 (BDS)
E.Gadd 1 (Olimar)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 24, 2017, 01:40:37 PMspeaking of which i might change my vote to e. gadd anyway
I mean, there are already two votes on me, so I guess I don't have anything to lose.

E. Gadd
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

And why should I vote for myself or create a KitB for which I could be killed, y'know?
Self-preservation dictates that I should vote BDS

Lemme finish what I'm doing and I'll give a response to Olimar's stuff (I have an Academic team meet tomorrow to study for, & so does Brainy, so we'll be away for most of tomorrow evening)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Congratulations, I think you just insta'd me.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Well chances are 1/3 that BDS was a wolf, so maybe the game will end?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

BDS has died.  It is now night 4.  Night 4 ends at 6 pm cst on September 25.  Also, life suddenly got busy, I think this is my last twg for a while
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Olimar's the wolf then....I should have stuck with my gut
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

The fuck?? Um, please do not fuck this up. E.Gadd is obviously the remaining wolf. Did you even read my large-ass post??

I swear if your gut says to do something, it means you should do the opposite. Basically everything you've done this game should vouch for that...

Olimar12345

Remaining players: please please please do not let up here. E.gadd is trying to play the innocent "I'm not good enough at twg to be a wolf like this" card. Review the updatin' game where he and Davy were wolves. Once Davy was killed he was more than capable of standing his ground and the wolves ended up winning (I saw more of that game, being the host). I bet you that he was given a brief guideline on what to do if __ should happen (which is how he plays as a wolf) from the other wolf once it was obvious they were being lynched.. Don't let the inexperience factor be his trump card.