News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG XCVI: The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Started by mikey, September 11, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

BrainyLucario

I'd also like to nominate myself as Prince Kay of the Milky Way. You may now start carving statues of butter in my honor

ThatHiddenCharacter

I ate all the butter...

I might have a heart attack...

Someone get me some Brussels sprouts... please...
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

blueflower999

Tbh how are we supposed to lynch someone if no one was wolfed Night 1?

Like are we just going to post nonsense until someone inadvertently says something mildly suspicious and then everyone piles on top of them?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

davy

I suggest that one of the blues (preferably one that isn't holding an item) claims. While an alliance would not be super strong in this game,
 since the blues do not have the best of powers, forcing the wolves to claim human with no item to the alliance reduces the pool of potential wolves by a lot.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 12, 2017, 01:05:43 PMTbh how are we supposed to lynch someone if no one was wolfed Night 1?

Like are we just going to post nonsense until someone inadvertently says something mildly suspicious and then everyone piles on top of them?
Yeah, pretty much.

Blueflower

@Davy
I thought only one of the wolves didn't get an item? I'm which case, that would be pretty easy to just fakeclaim any item without too much suspicion.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Also, I'm fine with going on any ride so long as it won't aggravate my motion sickness! (But can I please go visit the arcade first? I love staring at rows of arches!)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 12, 2017, 01:56:44 PMU wot
Jumping the gun already? Why?
That's a thing people do in day start games. Speaking of, E. Gadd...

Doubting/needlessly questioning a TWG veteran (with a couple day start games played as well), followed up by making a random, irrelevant post? Not looking too good for you. This, at least, is a somewhat more serious vote than the last.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

And, Noc, clarification? Is each type of item only given out once, and that's it, or could there be multiple of the same type of item going around at once?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BrainyLucario

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:01:09 PMThat's a thing people do in day start games. Speaking of, E. Gadd...

Doubting/needlessly questioning a TWG veteran (with a couple day start games played as well), followed up by making a random, irrelevant post? Not looking too good for you. This, at least, is a somewhat more serious vote than the last.

Stop, right now. You know how E. Gadd plays and should consider from last game how Everyone assumed E. Gadd was a wolf when in reality everyone was just clinging to one post and lack of defense to said post. And for goodness sake we've all been randomly posting stuff, way to single someone out when everyone was doing it.

mikey

There are a few things I think I need to clarify for ease of gameplay.  The hungry werewolf cannot be given an item only because he always has the hungry baklava.  It means I did not factor him when randomizing items.

Additionally, the hungry werewolf's kill ability is the team kill.  The hungry werewolf dying does not exclude the fat werewolf from making night kills.  The item steal does belong solely to the hungry werewolf. If the hungry werewolf is dead, items simply cease to exist upon their holder's death.

Finally, the four items are gone for good once expended.  No power on earth will bring them back.  There are not duplicates of items, nor can a situation arise where this may be the case.
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

@Brainy I Can handle this, but thanks

@BDS so what qualifies you to be a veteran, first of all? And secondly, why should I be inclined to follow your instincts? Just because you may be a veteran doesn't mean you're instantly human.

Also,
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 12, 2017, 02:01:09 PMThat's a thing people do in day start games

followed up by making a random, irrelevant post?
1. But at the VERY beginning with little/no base behind the vote?

2. Yeahhhh I had intentions on going along with the flavour text posting (or whatever that's called), until I saw your post. Then, I forgot about my original intentions because your post (coming from a veteran or not) struck me as mightily suspicious.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 12, 2017, 02:06:46 PMStop, right now. You know how E. Gadd plays and should consider from last game how Everyone assumed E. Gadd was a wolf when in reality everyone was just clinging to one post and lack of defense to said post. And for goodness sake we've all been randomly posting stuff, way to single someone out when everyone was doing it.
Firstly, it was the way E. Gadd went about making his posts, not simply that he did it.

Secondly, I'm not sure why you're criticizing me for doing exactly what people are supposed to be doing in day start games when you/E. Gadd don't even know what you're supposed to do in day start games. That just seems silly!

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 12, 2017, 02:11:24 PM@BDS so what qualifies you to be a veteran, first of all? And secondly, why should I be inclined to follow your instincts? Just because you may be a veteran doesn't mean you're instantly human.
1: I've been playing for a number of years, way, way longer than you have.
2: Because, like I said, this is a thing people do in day start games. It's not "instincts," it's just standard behavior.
3: I'm not expecting you, or anyone else for that matter, to think I'm human just from my vote. That's one of the differences of day start games: you don't have anything else to go on.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 12, 2017, 02:11:24 PM1. But at the VERY beginning with little/no base behind the vote?

2. Yeahhhh I had intentions on going along with the flavour text posting (or whatever that's called), until I saw your post. Then, I forgot about my original intentions because your post (coming from a veteran or not) struck me as mightily suspicious.
1. Yes, but even then, my post wouldn't be considered the "VERY beginning" by any means (there are some people who vote right off the bat, like in their first post on the first page). There's only so long in the phase, and if we wait too long, we'll be scrambling for something (or should I say "anything"), which, as I'm sure you know, usually leads to a bad lynch.

2. I don't know what to say about that/not sure how it's relevant?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber