News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG CI Sign-Ups

Started by davy, March 04, 2018, 06:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

And TWG CI will be...

Maestro's My Name is Mephistopheles
6 (42.9%)
Mikey's Hydradoodle (hosted by BrainyLucario)
10 (71.4%)
FireArrow's True Love's Kiss
5 (35.7%)
BlackDragonSlayer's In the Era of the Daytime Moon
5 (35.7%)
davy's A Faction Festival
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: March 11, 2018, 03:53:23 AM

mikey

seems fun, but I think the guardian should be replaced with a roleblocker.  Having a guardian means the seer can claim, and if the seer claims the specials will be coordinated.  You don't want to guard and seer the same players so there's a bit of conflict there.  Replacing the guardian with a roleblocker (should) stop people from making deals with mephistopheles at a 50/50 chance.  You can totally replace it with something else I guess, but what happens when someone wishes to know the identity of the wolves?

EDIT: Oh wait, I just saw the last rule.  Seems fine then, but I think guardian should still be replaced with something that works better with a seer
(maybe I just hate alliances)
unmotivated

davy

Quote from: mikey on March 05, 2018, 11:36:32 AM(maybe I just hate alliances)

Definitely this.

Quote from: mikey on March 05, 2018, 11:36:32 AMbut what happens when someone wishes to know the identity of the wolves?

They make a deal, duh.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 05, 2018, 11:02:37 AMThere are a few ground rules, however; a few deals that the powers that be will not permit me to make:

I think you forgot "no changing victory conditions". Or is that allowed this time.
I also think that there should be a don't change allegiance rule since both of the previous Mephistopheles games where basicly decided by those deals.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

MaestroUGC

I get that, but this is mainly a starting point with some presets that players would want anyway. I'm ok with replacing the guardian for another role, or just dropping it altogether for a normal human.

Quote from: davy on March 05, 2018, 11:46:48 AMI think you forgot "no changing victory conditions". Or is that allowed this time.
I also think that there should be a don't change allegiance rule since both of the previous Mephistopheles games where basicly decided by those deals.

Right, I meant to add that in but didn't. As far as the changing allegiance, I'm tempted to leave it as is, but a player cannot willing switch teams.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Supernova_b

Oh boy oh boy oh boy a fun game to play

In!

mikey

perfect
BrainyLucario is willing to host this game:

TWG 101: Hydradoodle
A Hydra game

1. Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Seer
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human

For those of you unaware with hydra games, it's played with mystery accounts and two players share a single account.  Either player can post or do anything without the permission of the other players, but it gives you a second head to talk to.  You can do things like put an experienced player with a less experienced player or just completely randomize it.  This setup is prone to good RNG, like if the seer hits the wolf N1 or the wolf hits the seer N1, but it ought to be a quick fun game.  After how long 100 lasted I think a shorter one would be fun.

With 6 players beginning on a night phase humans were allowed a single mislynch on day 1; with 7 players beginning on a day phase they will still be allowed a single mislynch.  To compensate the seer will be given a random green check before the game starts.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Holy shit I'd be down for that game.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

inb4 I get an inactive player
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

FireArrow

Could be some major issues here because I came up with it on a whim, but it should be balanced since nearly everyone shares the same wincon.  I don't think I actually have time to host but meh...

TWG 101: True Love's Kiss

This game uses the mystery accounts. NSM Usernames cannot be disclosed publically, however what you do in private ain't my buisness. The game ends when the homewrecker is killed or his/her win condition is met.

1. Homewrecker - Can wolf someone once per night. His/her account will appear to die in place of the person he wolfed, flipping as the Homewrecker. S/he then takes over the account of the player he wolfed, appearing as their color but retaining the homewrecker role. When sending in his wolf target, s/he may choose to highlight that players name a color. If it matches their real color, then his/her wolf can penetrate the power of the protective kiss. If it doesn't match, his wolfing doesn't go through.

2. Lover
3. Lover
4. Lover
5. Lover
6. Lover
7. Lover
8. Lover
9. Lover
etc.

Lovers win by surviving to the end of the game with their lover (the other player sharing their color.) If your lover is lynched (not night killed) then you die with them (not the homewrecker, he's not a lover, he just sports the color!) Lovers have 3 powers:

Flirt: You can flirt with one player every night by PMing the host with their twg account to find out their color! If they're your lover you learn their real NSM username too!
Kiss: You can kiss another player by PMing the host their NSM username to surrond them with the power of love, preventing them from dying that night.
Propose: This power is unlocked once at least 3 players are dead. You may sacrifice your life by publically proposing to the player that dies n1 the thread. If they're your lover, you two win the game. If not, well... you died for nothing and your real lover dies with you.

BlackDragonSlayer

I'll post my game once the number of players is more solidified. Right now we have 13, correct?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

@Firearrow a similar setup was played on FFR.  Here's the setup if it gives you any ideas
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147682
unmotivated

mikey

1. davy
2. Trasdegi
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. Olimar12345
5. BrainyLucario
6. mikey
7. E. Gadd Industries
8. FireArrow
9. MaestroUGC
10. Dudeman
11. BlackDragonSlayer
12. Maelstrom
13. TZP
14. nova
15. blue

this is the list I have, which means my game should have seven players.  Thinking that means we need a second wolf.  I'll try balancing it out with a second one.

TWG 101: Hydradoodle
A Hydra game

1. Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Seer
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human

For those of you unaware with hydra games, it's played with mystery accounts and two players share a single account.  Either player can post or do anything without the permission of the other players, but it gives you a second head to talk to.  You can do things like put an experienced player with a less experienced player or just completely randomize it.

With 6 players beginning on a night phase humans were allowed a single mislynch on day 1; with 7 players beginning on a day phase they will still be allowed a single mislynch.  To compensate the seer will be given a random green check before the game starts.  This also gets rid of the potential RNG of hitting a wolf and the game ending.
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: mikey on March 05, 2018, 06:09:09 PM@Firearrow a similar setup was played on FFR.  Here's the setup if it gives you any ideas
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147682

Im more worried about the changed up human win con than the disguiser mechanic.