News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Dark Knight

Started by Nakah, July 18, 2008, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Mike

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 02, 2008, 03:55:00 PMJim Carey will always be the best Riddler.

No. Jim Carey will always be the best Jim Carey. No matter the role he gets, he plays himself, not the character. Anyways they're talking about Riddler and Penguin for the next movie, don't know if it will happen though, I hope there won't be Penguin. There are so many more interesting villains other than Penguin like Harley Quinn. Hell, I'd bring back Ra's Al Ghul since in the comics he's "immortal" (as in very long lifespan). I would have loved to see a lot more of the Scarecrow though or than other villain from Dark Knight before they fucked him up (I don't want to give any spoilers).

I saw Dark Knight last night. FUCKING AMAZING!!!! Best movie I've seen in a long time and that says a lot because I'm a movie guy. The Joker completely surpassed my expectations with Ledger's brilliant interpretation and the brilliant story they gave him, yet at the same time exactly what I hope for, a really twisted, insane but very intelligent Joker rather than a murdering clown (Jack Nicholson's Joker). I think I'll go see it again next week. Seriously, if it doesn't win best movie of the year, I lose all hope in the industry. Hopefully the gigantic success of this movie will make the next movie just as good and will give me hope for a revamp of Superman just like they did for Batman Begins.

Nakah

I actually did not like Jim Carrey as Riddler. I don't think of the riddler as a comic relief-esqued character that devises plots, but more of a mastermind with a pinch of secret quality that is sensed throughout his character. I think if Riddler is at all done in the same style as Joker was in The Dark Knight, it'll be perfect for how I imagine Riddler.

SuperFireKirby

The Dark Knight is amazing. end of discussion.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

I've seen it twice and it will probably be one of the only movies I will actually buy instead of just download.
-

Mike

Quote from: Nakah on August 13, 2008, 04:53:56 PMI actually did not like Jim Carrey as Riddler. I don't think of the riddler as a comic relief-esqued character that devises plots, but more of a mastermind with a pinch of secret quality that is sensed throughout his character. I think if Riddler is at all done in the same style as Joker was in The Dark Knight, it'll be perfect for how I imagine Riddler.

Yeah I'd love to see a dark Riddler rather than a comical one.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Harvest on August 13, 2008, 06:32:17 PMI've seen it twice and it will probably be one of the only movies I will actually buy instead of just download.

Of course until it is released on DVD I will download it so I can watch it again.  :)

And then go see it in IMAX.

Woo.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

I'm going to see it in Imax this weekend! It's gonna be crazy!

Gooch

I would love to see it in IMAX, but im too lazy to go to the nearest IMAX (halfway across the state) and no one 'sides me wanted to see it again (they are usually one time movie-goers, my family). My friend might take me, but i dont think he will even though he loved it. Btw, we're going to Star Wars tomorrow

Mike

Like 30 years later there.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Harvest

Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 14, 2008, 08:22:04 PMMike: what?

I'm assuming he means Gooch is about 30 years too late to see Star Wars.  Mike means the original.  Gooch obviously means the new Clone Wars Animated piece of...so hard not to swear....sh...garbage.
-

SuperFireKirby

The new star wars will suck. It will suck sobad you goona wish it didn't suck so bad.

KefkaticFanatic

According to all critics, the new star wars movie is a big piece of shit.  It could actually be worse than the new trilogy.  But this is the wrong topic, make a star wars one if you want to talk about this.

me irl
[close]

Nakah

Stop de-railing my topic, fools. More Dark Knight Discussion.