News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Dragon Quest IX)

Started by K-NiGhT, January 04, 2012, 08:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

Since when did you guys start doing awesome soundtracks like Dragon Quest?

K-NiGhT

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on February 10, 2012, 11:07:59 PMCome on guys, let's get this project back on the road!  :D
Thanks for helping. I'm trying as hard as i can to find time to arrange, but school is being a pain on the butt. I'm hoping to maybe do another arrangement or two this weekend. We WILL get this done!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

K-NiGhT

pumpy_heart

I'll do Alchemy Pot. Probably can get some arranging done this weekend and will try to have this simple, but neat piece done by Sunday.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: pumpy_heart on February 11, 2012, 08:49:47 AMI'll do Alchemy Pot. Probably can get some arranging done this weekend and will try to have this simple, but neat piece done by Sunday.
Yay :) thanks pumpy.

Also i always thought the Alchemy Pot piece was creepy. It's like the Dragon Quest equivelant of Lavender Town...

The Deku Trombonist

Prizes to anyone who can work out what's going on in this one, harmonically  ;)

Dragon Quest IX - Guide Them to Their Fate.mus

Edit: And I'll do "Painful Feelings."

K-NiGhT

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on February 11, 2012, 02:36:58 PMPrizes to anyone who can work out what's going on in this one, harmonically  ;)
If only my iPod could read MUS files...(and download from mediafire)
Quote from: DekuTrombonist on February 11, 2012, 02:36:58 PMAnd I'll do "Painful Feelings."
Thanks Deku. You're a big help.

Brassman388

pumpy_heart

It's definitely not atonal. Just a lot of mixture. Sounds more impressionist to me. And in C or G. They love disguising that stuff. The mixture suggests C though.
Just try to avoid any dissonant augmented or diminished intervals through notation. So in measure 8, use C# to A# instead of Bb. Good job arranging this though. Difficult piece, I'm sure.

The Deku Trombonist

Haha, thanks pumpy. I'm not too familiar with that area of theory yet, we get to learn about that this year :)

Woah, I just realised it uses that falling motif from Rachmaninov 2! I might go check out the sheet music for it, hopefully it might give some hints

Winter

The Deku Trombonist

Thanks ;) (assuming that was directed at me)

I'll do "Protectors of the Starry Sky" next.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on February 12, 2012, 02:04:32 AMI'll do "Protectors of the Starry Sky" next.
Finally someone with the balls to do that credits song O.O (no offense to anyone else, just was wondering when someone would claim it xD)

Edit: Btw Deku, can i take the ones you've done and put them in my dropbox? It'd be easier i think.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: xK-NiGhTx on January 04, 2012, 08:01:31 PMVerse of Prayer[/color] [MUS] Open to Claim (Partially done)
Hey guys, would someone please take this? I can't seem to find the rhythms on it :P (or learn how to spell rhythm D:)
Help would be appreciated.