News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Recent posts

Submissions / Re: [MUL] Paranormasight: The ...
Last post by Metamyrrh - Today at 02:04:06 AM
Thanks for taking a look, sorry for the delayed response! And, sorry, I misunderstood what you meant for the tremolos in m15-17. I tried out what you were thinking and found those tremolos quite awkward to play in that spot. I think a trill is easier to play and gives a similar impression (when executed with the dynamics you notated). Does that work? Also, I added the slur to m32!

Here are the changed files: https://www.mediafire.com/file/729wgpi2uxcgk8o/I'll+be+close+by+v4.zip/file
Submissions / Re: [Wii] Wii Play - "Title Sc...
Last post by Latios212 - May 29, 2024, 06:11:32 PM
Why don't I remember this track despite definitely playing Wii Play? ;-; It's so cool and so evocative of the era. Sounds like something from MKDS which makes total sense given the composer...

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 28, 2024, 03:27:39 PMIt's not a big deal but still seems like playback is treating this pickup as a 4 bar measure. Just is a weird playback delay.
Hasn't this always been the case with pickup measures in Finale? Not that it's necessarily desirable.

Other feedback before I finish up, this looks really good. Nice work keeping the left hand in pretty narrow ranges to make playing easier :D
- The rolled chord at the end of m. 8 sounds to me like it actually falls on beat 1 of m. 9 instead
- Conversely, it does feel like the first note of the 16th run in m. 15 is actually held over from a strike at the end of m. 14!
- I think the last LH note in m. 9 is actually a Bb instead of a D, but I guess I'm fine leaving it as a D to keep the fingering simple? Wasn't sure if that was intentional
- I don't think the ties in m. 12 LH beat 1.5 are needed since the pedal is already here to sustain notes
- The A octave in m. 18 beat 2.5 sounds an octave lower - e.g. the melody dips down here instead of up
- I'm not sure I hear the first RH G in m. 19... it isn't as present as the other notes. I think I hear an Ab in the harmony here, does that sound too weird? vs. just keeping the G or maybe just omitting the RH here
Submissions / Re: [3DS] Pokémon X & Pokémon ...
Last post by Latios212 - May 29, 2024, 04:44:22 PM
Sorry I missed that before! Files are updated with those fixes :)
Submissions / Re: [3DS] Pokémon X & Pokémon ...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 29, 2024, 01:02:29 PM
I gave this a review, beyond the above dot comment I am ready to approve/accept
Submissions / Re: [NES] DuckTales - "Himalay...
Last post by Fullmetalgrudo - May 29, 2024, 07:11:50 AM
I don't mind! I'm ok with both! :)
Submissions / Re: [SW] Super Mario Bros. Won...
Last post by Bloop - May 29, 2024, 04:49:55 AM
Ah yeah, so it's just about the G and Bb in m6 then. I'd prefer keeping them lower as to have them consistent throughout the sheet (as I can't move them up as comfortably in m10 and in m31 for example), so that the player doesn't have to slightly change the accompaniment every two bars or so, and so that the arrangement sounds a bit more cohesive (i suppose it's a small detail but still)
Submissions / Re: [GCN] Paper Mario: The Tho...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 28, 2024, 07:09:56 PM
My only comment is from listening to m18, it sounds tonally more like E minor. So I'm hearing En instead of Eb, and Fn instead of Fn. I think then do Gn and An instead of Ab and Cn? May want to play around with this but tonally it sounds off currently.
Submissions / Re: [N64] Star Fox 64 - "Start...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 28, 2024, 03:49:15 PM
Quote from: Fernman on May 26, 2024, 08:54:02 PMfor 3 and 4 I hear what you are saying. Demo 3 I just went along with it since it sounded all short. However I misunderstood marcato with stacatissimo. (articulations I don't use often). I would say it sounds more like stacatissimo than marcato, I was reluctant to use stacatissimo because I prefer not to use those kinds of strikes especially if it is an octave on the left. But if here at NSM it is more of what is heard than preferable, I'll go along with it this time so we can put this discourse to rest.
Gah, my apologies. When I described a marcato, I meant a portato. Need to brush up on my Italian music terms apparently. Portato is that staccato + tenuto marking, and is longer sounding than staccato but shorter than an actual tenuto. Let me know if that changes your thinking.

Quote from: Fernman on May 26, 2024, 08:54:02 PMI don't hear any of demo 5 as short as a stacatisso, all stacato
Yes but my point here was there were not any articulation markings of any kind previously.

Quote from: Fernman on May 26, 2024, 08:54:02 PMi won't disagree, but I want my arrangement to not use those gymnastics.
😂 okay, it's really not that crazy (see end of m44 going into m45), will leave for the next updater to make a determination if they desire but I guess I'm fine.

Quote from: Fernman on May 26, 2024, 08:54:02 PMI'm not sure how the Eb sounds good in that chord, unless you are hearing something similar to what Bespinben has for Demo 1. Though I don't want a 5 note chord.
Oh no I wasn't saying you had to emulate that. The Eb would be in the LH, and I would say that the Eb is more audible than an Fn for the LH part to me. So you honestly could go with Eb and Ab in the LH, if you so hear.

Quote from: Fernman on May 26, 2024, 08:54:02 PMI'd say that m30 -31 should all be the same notes, just like Demo 2's m4-5
No, these chords are not the same between both tracks. m30-31 is an Ab7 chord, and Demo 2 m4-5 is a Bb Flat 7. So Eb is a third of that m30-31 chord, and is not of the earlier one. Lmk if more explanation needed to parse this out.

Submissions / Re: [Wii] Wii Play - "Title Sc...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 28, 2024, 03:27:39 PM
Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 28, 2024, 09:01:43 AMGoing off what we discussed I'd prefer to keep this as is, to better allow for counting
It's not a big deal but still seems like playback is treating this pickup as a 4 bar measure. Just is a weird playback delay.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 28, 2024, 09:01:43 AMFixed too, but I really don't like how these measures aren't identical...

I blame Koji Kondo

Wii Play looks good!
Submission Archive / Re: [SW] Fire Emblem: Three Ho...
Last post by Zeta - May 28, 2024, 03:18:47 PM
This submission has been accepted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot