TWG XLVIII: 72 Hours Remaining

Started by FSM-Reapr, February 03, 2013, 03:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

TWG XLVIII: 72 Hours Remaining

Universal effect: Masks(items)
There are three masks distributed in the beginning of the game to randomly chosen players(this doesn't include the Happy Mask Salesman):
-Deku Mask Holder will be seered brown. The holder cannot be sniped or vigi'd
-Goron Mask Holder will be seered navy. The holder can vigi someone during Night.
-Zora Mask Holder will be seered teal. The holder can seer someone during Night.

Night Phases last 24 hours, Day Phases 48. Every time a Night Phase begins the masks that the Happy Mask Salesman isn't holding will be re-distributed.

1. Happy Mask Salesman
The objective of the Happy Mask Salesman is to get all the masks and have Majora's Mask dead. If he manages to do that, he wins. The game will end when Happy Mask Salesman wins.
If a player holding a mask dies, the mask automatically transfers to Happy Mask Salesman. Happy Mask Salesman can use the secondary powers of the masks that he's holding(=seer/vigi). The masks Happy Mask Salesman is holding won't be re-distributed when the cycle begins again. Can only die through a lynching. Will be told who will receive the masks in the beginning of every Night(not which masks though).
Doesn't count as a wolf or a human.

Wolves:
2. Majora's Mask - Master Wolf Seer
3. Skull Kid - Sniper Wolf Can snipe a player of his choice anytime in any point of the game. One-time use.
4. Tael - Tribute Brutal Wolf During a Day Phase, this player can tribute(this player dies) him/herself by sending a PM to the host, to revive somebody dead permanently. One time use. This power doesn't supersede an insta. If lynched, this player can take another player down with him.

Humans:
5. Link - Hero of Time When masks are distributed, Link always gets a mask.
6. Tatl - Tribute During a Day Phase, this player can tribute(this player dies) him/herself by sending a PM to the host, to revive somebody dead permanently. One-time use. This power doesn't supersede an insta.
7. Kaepora Gaebora - Guardian Cannot guard Link or self.
8. Human
9. Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human
13. Human
14. Human
15. Tingle - Brutal Human When killed, a randomly chosen, blue human will die. Knows that he's the Brutal Human.

1. blueflower999
2. the_last_sheikah
3. Jub3r7
4. vermilionvermin
5. TheZeldaPianist275
6. Winter
7. MaestroUGC
8. Liggy
9. Hunter of Souls
10. Bubbles7689
11. davy
12. BlackDragonSlayer
13. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
14. shadowkirby
15. SocialFox/Yugi

Back-Up Players:
1. spitllama

It's the beginning of Night 1.

Night 1 ends 24 hours from now(11 PM GMT).

FSM-Reapr

Aaaaand all PMs have been sent.

NEW WORLD RECORD

vermilionvermin

Nobody claim.  There is a sniper and a brutal wolf.

blueflower999

I love Mario's mask on the back of the HMS XD

Anyway, this looks like a good game, and I'm excited for it.

Like Verm said, no one should claim. Also, as long as the holder of the Goron Mask is a human, he/she should probably not vigi someone tonight. Unless someone does something really stupid and suspicious.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Can we trade items (masks) through pm in this game?

FSM-Reapr

TheZeldaPianist275

Kay.  Hm.

The Happy Mask Salesman is concerning me a little bit.  Anybody holding a mask dies, the mask goes to him.  Meaning that toward the end of the game, there's going to be a strong chance that he'll get a mask from the deceased.  And it's not going to be terribly hard for him to take down Majora.  Add that to the fact he can't be wolfed, and that he can use the powers of any mask in his possession, and we have a formidable opponent, one who grows more so by the end of the game.  The rogue was more dangerous than the wolves last game; I think that's the case here.

Liggy

Quote from: vermilionvermin on February 03, 2013, 03:03:56 PMNobody claim.  There is a sniper and a brutal wolf.
I homestly think Tingle claiming really doesn't have any negative consequences.  Am I missing something?

vermilionvermin

FSM-Reapr

Remember to send me all the PMs and chat logs you have with eachother.

Thank you.

davy

The Deku Mask holder should claim that (s)he is the Deku Mask holder, but should not claim his/her role. That person will be protected from sniping and vigi'ing. That player should be guarded so that that player cannot be wolf'd (unless that player is link or the guard, but I doubt that the wolves would try wolfing that player in that case). The Goron mask holder should not claim, but vigi the Deku Mask holder, and since that player can't be vigi'd, he'll survive, unless that player is a wolf, in which case we have one player less to kill (and it would bring the HMS closer to his goal, so I doubt that a wolf would claim if he has the Deku mask). During the day phase, if that player is still alive, link, the guard, the tribute and the Brutal Human should claim to that player to form an alliance that opperates behind the screens. If a counterclaim happens to occur, the Zora Mask holder should seer one of the players that claimed to have the deku mask, and reveal the results during the day, and lynch the player seer'd unless that player was seer'd brown.

There are 2 problems with this plan:

• A wolf could be the Deku Mask holder and decide not to claim, causing the humans to lose one day phase without alliance, but if nobody claims, the humans won't have an alliance at all.
  • A wolf could be the Deku Mask holder and another one could be the Goron Mask holder. However the chance of this is just (1/3)*(3/13)*(2/12)=0,0128 and I think that that's a risk we should take.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

I AM HERE!! Seems as if nothing has gone on...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: vermilionvermin on February 03, 2013, 03:45:00 PMA random special dies.  And him. 
Yeah, absolutely not.  Gives the wolves a way to hit two at once, one of which is important.

Quote from: davy on February 03, 2013, 03:49:13 PMThe Deku Mask holder should claim that (s)he is the Deku Mask holder, but should not claim his/her role. That person will be protected from sniping and vigi'ing. That player should be guarded so that that player cannot be wolf'd (unless that player is link or the guard, but I doubt that the wolves would try wolfing that player in that case). The Goron mask holder should not claim, but vigi the Deku Mask holder, and since that player can't be vigi'd, he'll survive, unless that player is a wolf, in which case we have one player less to kill (and it would bring the HMS closer to his goal, so I doubt that a wolf would claim if he has the Deku mask). During the day phase, if that player is still alive, link, the guard, the tribute and the Brutal Human should claim to that player to form an alliance that opperates behind the screens. If a counterclaim happens to occur, the Zora Mask holder should seer one of the players that claimed to have the deku mask, and reveal the results during the day, and lynch the player seer'd unless that player was seer'd brown.

There are 2 problems with this plan:

• A wolf could be the Deku Mask holder and decide not to claim, causing the humans to lose one day phase without alliance, but if nobody claims, the humans won't have an alliance at all.
  • A wolf could be the Deku Mask holder and another one could be the Goron Mask holder. However the chance of this is just (1/3)*(3/13)*(2/12)=0,0128 and I think that that's a risk we should take.

I like this, but I don't get why a wolf holding the Deku mask would die if he was vigi'd.

vermilionvermin

I think the wolves can use the masks now, unless I'm misreading the rules.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: vermilionvermin on February 03, 2013, 04:06:04 PMI think the wolves can use the masks now, unless I'm misreading the rules.
They can.