News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Recent posts

Submissions / Re: [MUL] Genshin Impact - "Le...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 17, 2024, 08:23:51 PM
Le Impact du Genshin (LoFi)

• You could add rubato to this one, there are definitely times in the original where things pick up or slow a bit.
• Super minor thing m37 3.0 hearing an Eb above the current notes and no An.
Submissions / Re: [N64] Star Fox 64 - "Start...
Last post by Fernman - May 17, 2024, 08:20:47 PM
Start Demo 2
Comments incorporated
Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 09, 2024, 08:57:01 PM• My last comment for Start Demo 2 is that I think the triplets for m1 beat 4 for example are about the same in note length as m2 beat 4 and m4 beat 4. So could add staccatos to both m2 and m4, or remove them on m1 and m3 beat 4.

All have been stacatto'd except the last triplet set. I hear that last triplet set held a bit longer since it is ending the notes are held slightly longer.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 09, 2024, 08:57:01 PM• m1-3 LH I think beat 4.5 sounds/would work better as the same pitch as beat 2.5 of the same measure.
If they are going to be that similar, I might as well make them 8th notes. otherwise they are just repeated notes and you can hardly tell the difference.

Other change I made is shifted the LH Bbs down to a reachable range.

Start Demo 4
Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 09, 2024, 08:57:01 PM• m10 LH beat 3 I don't hear the An on bottom, which I think makes this a bit muddy. I do hear an Fn, but down an octave • Similar m11 beat 3 not hearing the bottom Cn, and hearing the Ab down an octave.
I moved the inversions around so it sounds like it was ascending, but what I uploaded this time works too

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 09, 2024, 08:57:01 PM•  Overall for this and for Start Demo 5, I think the staccatos should be consistent with how they are on Start Demo 3. For both the LH and RH notes.
It doesn't sound as short as Demo 3 until m16. Since I elected not to use the marcato markings, I rather use the stacatos in m16 on both hands, and only on the LH elsewhere

Start Demo 5
Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 09, 2024, 08:57:01 PM• You could split m25 RH into two layers - perhaps something like this:
the suggested image with three held notes and 3 moving notes does not seem possible without 6 fingers. I dropped off the bottom note (An)

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 09, 2024, 08:57:01 PM• m30-31 LH I don't hear the Cn, and I hear a Eb on top. But I thinking having that Fn is good to represent, and think it goes well with the LH being Fn-Eb-Ab. Thoughts?
I don't hear the Eb, I think how its written sounds closer to what it is.

All else incorporated

Demo 6 incorporated.
Submissions / Re: [GCN] Cubivore - "Theme 1"...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 17, 2024, 08:09:40 PM
Bump for arranger
Submission Archive / [DELETED] [NES] Dragon Quest I...
Last post by Zeta - May 17, 2024, 08:08:03 PM
This submission has been deleted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot
Submission Archive / Re: [NES] Dragon Quest IV: Cha...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 17, 2024, 08:07:56 PM
I am going to archive this submission. Please do give the feedback that was provided by the community a review.
Submissions / Re: [NES] Dragon Buster - "Lim...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 17, 2024, 08:05:51 PM
There are still portions of my comment not addressed.
Quotejust small ask to change the file names as opposed to being 2023 template lol
Could you name the file like Dragon Buster Limestone Cave or something? Just would be easier for us when uploading.

Are you not hearing m1-3 RH beat 3 shorter? They sound staccato. Please see full comment.

QuoteYou could add staccatos to a few of the RH notes - m1-m3 3.0 the quarter note is not full length. Similarly, m4 1.0, and the whole notes in m8, m10, m12 are all shorter than the value there. I know it was already mentioned about being consistent with note lengths, but this is a separate idea of how long these consistent lengths should be.
- If you do do this note length change, you could also make m14 RH 1.0 a staccato quarter note for consistency
Submissions / Re: [MUL] Paranormasight: The ...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 17, 2024, 08:01:17 PM
Quote from: Metamyrrh on May 11, 2024, 10:11:30 PMm12 LH: I still hear an A# in beat 4.0.
Ah yes, you are correct upon relisten.

Quote from: Metamyrrh on May 11, 2024, 10:11:30 PMm15-17 LH: For the tremolos, I'm hearing different notes that I have put in as trills. I'm not confident about the pitches and I know the hands crossing is iffy, so let me know if what I have put in is not workable.
Just to clarify, the symbol for tremolos looks like this: 
Spoiler
[close]
The symbol currently present indicates trills. Here's an example also of what I was thinking for m15 for example, for what this could look like.
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Metamyrrh on May 11, 2024, 10:11:30 PMm29-30 RH: To avoid clashes, only added the strings layer where the LH is not playing.
This looks good.

One other small comment, add a slur to the grace note on m32.
Submissions / Re: [MUL] One Piece: Pirate Wa...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 17, 2024, 07:36:55 PM
One general comment, any symbols on repeated note lines throughout the song should stay consistent throughout the arrangement (unless a simile text is used). For example, adding marcato symbols to m60 RH beat 4, or the first beat 8th notes from m71-77. Unless are you hearing enough of a difference between beginning part of track with these figures and the notes at the end?

• m14 RH hearing Eb's under beats 1-2.66
• m20 RH you could add grace note F# to beat 1
• m22 RH last note is an Fn
• m23 1.0 Gn, 1.66 is an An, could add a grace note C# to last note of the measure (Dn)
• m26 and m30 RH 3.0 top note is Eb and 3.33 is Gn

• m34 RH 2.0 is a Gn, 3.0 is a Ab as well. I actually hear sequence of 4 8th notes as last notes at the end in the guitar part, instead of what is currently present: Eb, Gb, Ab, An.
• m36 RH 1.0 hearing Bb
• m37 RH 2.0 hearing Bb, 2.33 Bn, 2.66 Bb again.
• m39 RH 3.0 hearing Eb again, then Cn on 3.33.

• m40 RH some unrepresented pitches - I hear a Dn that could go in the RH between current notes on 1.0, and then at 1.33 an Eb. Do the reverse  order for m41.
• m40 LH flip around the ties between 1.33 and 2.0, and 2.0 and 3.0. If you reverse which are under and over it wont' look jumbled.
• m45 RH you could add an En grace note on the top Fn

• m53 and m57 you could add something for beat 4 - either a RH gliss or a LH tremolo. There's stuff going on in the original here, and it feels kind of weird to have an abrupt pause in these spots. If you do the gliss, you could also add it to m61 and m65 for consistency.
Submissions / Re: [Wii] Rhythm Heaven Fever ...
Last post by Kricketune54 - May 17, 2024, 06:49:09 PM
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 11, 2024, 08:15:03 AMI spent some time debating whether it was an octave higher or not, but came to the conclusion that it sounds more like it's just a change in the shehnai's timbre as it goes into its lower register. I've messed around a bit with shehnai sounds in the past, and it does do that as it gets lower. Well, it's either a shehnai or a zurna, but both kinda do that same thing either way.
Yeah reexamined as well, I think you are good to keep as is.

I do have one really minor comment before I accept, the sempre 8vb text should be be sized the same way as other expression elements, meaning the font should show up a little smaller than currently.

You can duplicate one of the the expressions (personally I like doing this as opposed to having a text element) and make the text "sempre 8vb", or decrease the size of your current one to 9 pt font so it matches that expression font sizing.  Currently "sempre 8vb" looks a little too big.
Submission Archive / Re: [SW] The Legend of Zelda: ...
Last post by Zeta - May 17, 2024, 06:32:19 PM
This submission has been accepted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot