News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

TWG CXXII: Rock Paper Scissors DEATHMATCH Postgame

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, April 30, 2024, 06:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in participating in the next TWG?

Yes
6 (75%)
No
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Oricorio on May 01, 2024, 03:42:57 PMI didn't trust K-NiGhT at that point because he wasn't responding to my PMs, which gave me the feeling that he might have been feeding people info. This was especially consolidated when you revealed when K-NiGhT last sent a PM to you, which was well after he last sent a PM to me.

(in addition to being unable to respond to PMs for a few days) Since BDS and MSF quickly came at me with a united front, I was much quicker to trust them over you. That, combined with the fact that I had heard about you claiming different roles to nearly everyone, made it a hurdle that I was not willing to jump.

I honestly thought I had made a mistake claiming to you originally, and wanted to get you off the board before you could do something detrimental to me. Obviously that didn't happen.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Interest poll is up. I forgot that mods can add polls :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

sorry BDS I completely forgot, it's been a crazy week

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 01, 2024, 03:12:40 PM@Oricorio @SpecsFlyer17 out of curiosity, what was it that made you doubt K-NiGhT's claim? davy and I had our own reasons for knowing he was the real Scissors Vig, of course, but even THC and Toby were convinced from the main topic conversation alone that K-NiGhT was the real Scissors Vig. Was there something that K-NiGhT and/or davy said in PMs that threw you off? (also, at what point did Oricorio officially claim Scissors Nullifier to Specs?)

Mainly just I hadn't heard back from K-Night. Everything I heard from him was second-hand through Oricorio. He didn't reply to my PMs so it wasn't really trustworthy info.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

8 people have voted in the poll. I'll give it until next Friday (the 17th) then post the next host sign-up topics, if we all feel the number of people able to participate is sufficient.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on May 14, 2024, 05:12:46 AM
Indeed.

Full postgame is now up. I'm sorry for how late this is--the game ended with perfect timing for me, I've had a crazy last couple of weeks. I hope that everyone is still interested enough to know what happened to hear the full breakdown!

BlackDragonSlayer

I had a 50/50 chance of claiming Scissors or Rock (to try and match Davy's team) and got it wrong. Davy had a 50/50 chance of claiming Vigi or Nullifier to avoid matching MSF's role and got it wrong. :'(

the moral of the story is don't trust coins

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 30, 2024, 06:02:33 PMThe day phase ends in entertaining fashion (for me) when Specs shoots me a text and says "Thanks for hosting man, this game is a blast," and is insta'd by every other living player not 20 minutes later.
lol

Thanks again for hosting! Faction games are always kinda terrifying, but it was fun :D

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Nice post game. MSF well deserved MFP. I've never seen anyone send as many PMs in my life. It made it easy just to sit back and let him do the meddling while being in a strong position where no one could meddle with me

I just shot BDS cause I figured if I didn't someone would. I knew he was likely lying about his role and would have claims but there wasn't really any way to know if he was on my team and he claimed he wasn't so he knew there would be a target on his back and I didn't see anything to indicate I shouldn't shoot him. I guess I could have just left him alive but if he wasn't on my team then he would have been the ringleader of some likely strong alliances which was a threat to my game

I wanted to play an honest game, every faction game I've played before I've made fake claims and then I find myself getting backstabbed. I wanted to try staying out of that this time round so I didn't claim to either Davy, BDS or Oricorio. I was tempted to claim to Oricorio since he did claim to be my team, but I called his bluff on it and it was clear he wasn't paper at all. And learning that he had claimed to multiple people made me want to stay away from that too.

I wouldn't have been able to trust bds or Davy had they claimed to be paper to me, so I focused on keeping myself alive. Although I think I was almost lynched day 1 so I dunno if I got a bit lucky

Toby

478 pms and I know MSF probably sent about 400 of them

SpecsFlyer17

SpecsFlyer17

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Toby on May 15, 2024, 01:28:28 AMI just shot BDS cause I figured if I didn't someone would. I knew he was likely lying about his role and would have claims but there wasn't really any way to know if he was on my team

Interesting--did you think he was actually a reviver or lying about that piece too?

Toby

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on May 15, 2024, 11:20:21 AMInteresting--did you think he was actually a reviver or lying about that piece too?

I actually thought they were more likely to be nullifiers. I figured revivers would have rather laid low so they could try make use of their ability later

I get the point revivers aren't worth anything night 1, but they're strong afterwords and worth even less when dead. The 2 claims sped the game up though as it brought people together and gave the vigis targets to shoot. I dont think everyone would have shot night 1 without the claims

mastersuperfan

Great writeup, TZP. Thanks for hosting such a fun game!

I won't deny the amount of effort I put into this game but I'm surprised myself that everyone listened to me as much as they did :p — I guess after seeing davy and Oricorio pull their chaotic stunts and go down, maybe people didn't consider me as threatening as they were. It was also immediately obvious that Oricorio was trying to get in touch with literally everyone — it maybe wasn't obvious that I was too.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 30, 2024, 06:02:33 PMI was sort of pulling for Paper early on in N1, and I'm glad they were able to pull off such a clean victory. When I initially thought up this game—a faction game with zero investigative roles and therefore no way to 100% verify alignment, something I've personally never played before—I was afraid that no one would be able to coordinate at all because of mistrust, but thankfully that was a misguided fear. Of all three teams, Paper unquestionably did the best job coordinating, and I think their victory was well deserved.
I was also wondering how this would end up playing out — thankfully most people ended up being mostly truthful about their claims, which made the game fairly solvable. If more people had played like davy or Oricorio then maybe we would've devolved into chaos. With most people telling the truth, though, it was primarily a matter of getting in touch with everyone to figure out who was who — something that Oricorio did just one step ahead of me (and almost carried Scissors to victory for it), but I was able to leech a lot of that info from him.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 30, 2024, 06:02:33 PMIt's been my experience recently that most games have one mechanic that winds up going underused, and for this game, it was the nullifiers. N1 the nullifiers hit two revivers, and a nullifier who had targeted a reviver. N2 the two remaining nullifiers hit each other. And N3 the only nullification was part of Davy's summary execution. I was hoping for some more intense headgames to come out of those. Also, it's a shame (though funny) that two revivers were killed by their own vigis N1, but that goes without saying.
Even if the actual nulls didn't ultimately swing much, they definitely constituted a huge part of the strategizing I was doing! Figuring out how to get nulls off the vigis N2 (and ideally onto a reviver) was a tricky task. I would say it felt to be on equal footing with the other roles, especially since it's the only tool available to prevent a nightkill.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.