News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Official Wind Waker Project

Started by Latios212, December 28, 2016, 06:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

Jalhalla
[MUS]

Is it really necessary to also arrange the "[insert boss] 2nd time" themes? I feel like it'll be almost the same arrangement as the original boss themes.

mikey

If memory serves the flashbacks sound pretty different
unmotivated

Bloop

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 06, 2017, 01:37:49 PMIf memory serves the flashbacks sound pretty different
Well they do, but note-wise they're pretty much the same.

Latios212

I haven't listened closely, but:
- No one has to arrange the second version. The list is there, but we're not going for 100% completion.
- If they're that similar you can probably incorporate it into your sheet (a few different ways this can happen).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

I'll take
Disc 1:
20) Forsaken Fortress Invasion 1
22) Forsaken Fortress.
23) Imprisonment.
26) Rendezvous With the Ship 2
27) Rendezvous With the Ship 3
73) To Hyrule
Disc 2:
01) Sealed Hyrule Castle
Question: This song is basically a decrepit version of Hyrule Castle, but with just the Introduction and the Conclusion. You think I should just not do it or..? Either way works for me.

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

Because you claimed like ten songs?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

No I mean like randomly in the op not next to a song
unmotivated

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Forbidden Woods     

Sebastian

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Forsaken Fortress Invasion 1     

I. Hate. This. Song.

Brassman388

Turn those sharps in the 2nd tenorline into naturals and you'll be in business.

The flute line could use some work as well. That's where I would use double sharps.

Sebastian

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 08, 2017, 10:52:31 AMTurn those sharps in the 2nd tenorline into naturals and you'll be in business.
Are you referring to the double sharps?
I mean, this song is really weird. I don't know if there is any "correct" way.
I used Fx because I think it'd be weird to have G naturals and C#s in the same measure (it seems to contradict the V [G#min]; same with the Fx and B#/C# combo in M. 9.

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 08, 2017, 10:52:31 AMThe flute line could use some work as well. That's where I would use double sharps.
The only double sharp(s) that sounds reasonable in the flute section would be in M. 22--a Cx vs. D nat.

Brassman388

At this point, you want the most logical and smoothest line possible, despite the theory behind the chord structure.

That's up to you, though. From a performer's standpoint, it's a bit hard to read.

Sebastian

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 08, 2017, 03:02:10 PMAt this point, you want the most logical and smoothest line possible, despite the theory behind the chord structure.

That's up to you, though. From a performer's standpoint, it's a bit hard to read.
Very, very true. I'll see what I can do.