News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 17, 2017, 04:52:37 AM1/17/17 Propinquiry (n.)- a any sort of question about a piece of scenery, esp. in theatrical performances
Example - And it was then that he asked the fated propinquiry - "How did you make that backdrop?"
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Yug_Guy

Propinguity (n.) - Being in favor of, or liking the Swiss children's television show Pingu

Olimar12345

Quote from: Dudeman on January 16, 2017, 04:45:01 PMwhy specifically me tho

I'd move it if not for the fact that:Whether or not people post corruptions of the definitions, E. Gadd made this thread to post a new word each day, which isn't inherently a game. If the re-defining trend stops, then it stops being a game, and then we have to move it back. Idk. Maybe if this is still happening in a month I'd move it.

But the thread has been re-purposed into a game. The bold sounds like exactly what you should do tbh.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

The main purpose of this topic is defining words. The game is just icing on the cake...if you will.
I don't really think it's a huge deal; not earth-shattering or anything. Maybe they'll decide to move it in the future, but I don't think it's something to die on the hill over.

E. Gadd Industries

THC wins that one!

1/18/17 Vicissitudes (n.)- the constant changes of one's situation or condition, common throughout life

...poetic.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Viscousitudes (n.) - the constant changes of a liquid's density and flowing speed.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

AmpharosAndy

Vicissitudes - a word that takes at least three attempts to pronounce correctly
innit

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bloop

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 18, 2017, 05:40:11 AM1/18/17 Chopin etudes (n.)- the constant changes of one's emotion or condition throughout ~2-3 minutes

Olimar12345

Quote from: Sebastian on January 18, 2017, 05:25:09 AMThe main purpose of this topic is defining words. The game is just icing on the cake...if you will.

Okay but just look:

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 18, 2017, 05:40:11 AMTHC wins that one!

1/18/17 Vicissitudes (n.)- the constant changes of one's situation or condition, common throughout life

...poetic.

(main purpose post)

then...

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on January 18, 2017, 11:53:17 AMViscousitudes (n.) - the constant changes of a liquid's density and flowing speed.

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on January 18, 2017, 11:57:05 AMVicissitudes - a word that takes at least three attempts to pronounce correctly

Quote from: Dudeman on January 18, 2017, 12:00:51 PM1/18/17 Narcissism (n.)- oh, oops

Quote from: Bloop on January 18, 2017, 12:01:46 PM1/18/17 Chopin etudes (n.)- the constant changes of one's emotion or condition throughout ~2-3 minutes

(game posts)

This isn't a discussion, it's a game.

Maelstrom

Honestly, the fact that there is a "winner" is proof enough that it's a game.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

"Propinquity" and "vicissitudes" were both words in our English class's most recent vocabulary unit.

Coincidence? I think not so.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.