News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Hawkward's YouTube Channel

Started by Hawkward, July 11, 2018, 06:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkward

Updated OP just there :) I'll find a format eventually, but what I have will do for now lmao.

Thank you! Hope you enjoyed what you watched, I think the anime had a lot to live up to, it needed to find a certain pace, certain changes needed to be made, I can understand you not having watched more yet - for example, in the anime, there's a female character you see in the first episode "Yarei" who is actually originally a male in the light novels, a change made to try make them more relevant as a rival I guess....

Hawkward

New upload....

Pokémon DPPT - Pokémon League (Day)
Arrangement by: QWERTYkid911 (adapted slightly)
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/browse/arranger/878

This could technically go in the NSM Performances thread but I didn't want to spam the board with topics just in case... Also i wasn't too sure if I should link their arrangement page on the main site or look for their relevant thread here on NSM so I chose to do the former on this occasion, if I do anything wrong/stupid with my formatting, please do correct me!  :)

Hawkward

Something a little different this time.....

Touhou Project 10.5 - Scarlet Weather Rhapsody - Broken Moon
https://soundcloud.com/findlay27/testing-a-piano-vst

(I'm sorry it's not a video link, I hope this is okay here, it not a proper improv, I'm just messing around on an inspiration high)

---

Yesterday I was in town, looking at pianos and thinking about future plans, and I aim to get a Yamaha Clavinova CLP-675 hopefully next year.

But... I was desperate for something different sounding, and I couldn't use my piano for MIDI... which is where a friend brought up ASIO4ALL, which has reduced latency to about 10-15ms. So immediately I downloaded a demo version of a Piano VST to try out, and the above link is just a rushed improvisation of Broken Moon from Touhou Project :)

I'm not sure if this sound is better than my current piano, it costs about €90, so if it goes well, I might invest in it?

Onionleaf

I really enjoyed listening to your most recent performances, thanks for sharing! Glad to hear that you are enjoying playing the piano after a long hiatus. Just remember that video game and anime arrangements are intended to be fun to perform. ;) I play plenty of them myself but have hardly ever recorded my performances, so I admire your bravery in maintaining a YouTube channel.