News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Started by pumpy_heart, February 22, 2008, 10:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razer84

the past few days have had some really lame updates (picachu's special moves, really?) but today's takes the cake. it's not spoilerish at all, so don't be afraid:

As you play through The Subspace Emissary, you’ll probably become aware of the "Clear %" displayed in the upper part of the screen.

This is what I’m talking about.

This tells you roughly how much of The Subspace Emissary you have completed. Of course, the most you can do is 100%.

When this figure is on display, you just want to keep increasing it more and more, don’t you?

Here’s how to do it.

1. Open All Unopened Doors

What I mean is, go everywhere. Enter every place you can, including hidden doors.

However, there may be some places where you may not be able to go everywhere, like in the hidden area on the "Lake" stage.

Here we go, a hidden door! You can go between two different worlds!

Clear the Stages

Of course, this is a big way to increase your clear percentage.

Here you take a look at all your stickers and trophies.

3. Get the Orange Cube Items

This is an orange cube.

These cubes contain valuable items and will not reappear once you get them. Finding the boxes and getting their treasures is another way to increase your clear percentage.

Also, items that are different from orange cubes occasionally appearâ€"these also affect the clear percentage.

4. Get Character Trophies

Well, I can’t really go into detail about these... Err... (Ahem!) Obviously though, there’s something important about them. If you’ve got them all by the end, there won’t be any problems.

Once you clear a stage, the map point will get a flag or a crown.

Both flags and crowns are proof that you’ve cleared a stage.

A flag means that you haven’t gotten all the things listed above for that stage. A crown means that the stage has been completely cleared.

In order to earn a complete victory, try your best to find all the doors and open all the orange cubes!

Sometimes you might even feel we were a little mean!

damn commies.

Shiny Boy

Kinda lame updates these last few days...
What kind of items might be contained within Orange Boxes?
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

blah54

maybe trophies, cds, stickers... those sorts of things... or maybe they unlock other paths etc...

i'm starting to get quite hopeful for the sse... it seems like a platformer with more moves at your disposal, and if its this it'll be great! (at least to me)
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

razer84

Quote from: Silence of Darkness on February 27, 2008, 06:01:09 PMKinda lame updates these last few days...
What kind of items might be contained within Orange Boxes?

maybe Portal and some other games?  ;)

damn commies.

Shiny Boy

Har har.

Erm...how are we going to discuss spoilers without, well...spoilers?

razer84

Quote from: Silence of Darkness on February 28, 2008, 07:52:01 AMHar har.

Erm...how are we going to discuss spoilers without, well...spoilers?

i just PMed Concerto about spoilers, so it may be resolved shortly.

damn commies.

KefkaticFanatic

Well considering we already know everything useful there is to know about the game since it's release (and the leak), the smash bros site is pretty boring now.

me irl
[close]

razer84

Quote from: gamer4251 on February 28, 2008, 12:52:10 PMWell considering we already know everything useful there is to know about the game since it's release (and the leak), the smash bros site is pretty boring now.

uh huh.

damn commies.

Lildigipoke2

LUCARIO! THE NEW CHARACTER REVEALED! YAY!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

KefkaticFanatic

Hooray!

Yeah, we totally didn't know about that a month ago...

me irl
[close]

pumpy_heart

I didnt know about Lucario becoming stronger the more damage he has.
I dunno if I just missed that along the way or what.
The updates from the site are still helpful for the most part.

Shiny Boy

Agreed, it offers new light on certain situations.
I appreciate how Sakurai is going more-or-less out of his way to avoid spoiling too much of SE.

B-Kpianist

I really love the castle them remix they did on SSBB, that and the Underwater theme, that ones pretty cool too 8)

Shiny Boy

I think they should have left the lyrics in His World...

Lildigipoke2

i think the castle theme is cool, but i still like the original

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE