News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

VR FOR SWITCH

Started by Bobbythekid21, March 06, 2019, 07:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think it will be any good?

Yes.
1 (14.3%)
No.
0 (0%)
We'll just have to wait and see.
5 (71.4%)
I have no idea.
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Bobbythekid21

333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on March 06, 2019, 07:55:54 PMAll I can say is, it's about time.
twitter anouncment
kotaku article about it
Ok, well labo is essentially a bunch of way overpriced card board. Then again this may be better than regular labor stuff, I hope it is.

Wolf

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on March 06, 2019, 08:07:32 PMOk, well labo is essentially a bunch of way overpriced card board. Then again this may be better than regular labor stuff, I hope it is.
But it looks like it's gonna be more expensive than the other labo stuff since it has lenses.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Maelstrom

I mean it's very much a "vr" headset, like google cardboard or stuff for a smartphone. It's not fair to compare it to stuff like the occulus or vive when the switch doesn't have enough sensors or 90hz capabilities.

Splatoon Inkling

It might be better, IDK. I just hope it's not only specialized games for for it, and that stuff like Mario kart 8 deluxe, Mario odyssey, Splatoon 2, etc... Could actually be able to used with it. It would make the games even more interesting, and even more fun to play. I can picture the ink flying at my face right now!
                        Splatted by Dark Tetra Dualies

Maelstrom

I hate to break it to you, but there's no possible way it can be better. The refresh rate of 90hz (90 fps) is way higher than the switch's max 60hz. That 90hz is the sweet spot to reduce motion sickness. Any lower and you will experience it when doing things for extended periods of time. In addition, I highly doubt any existing games will be ported to it. Take splatoon, for example. Online lag would cause motion sickness. And then there's the issue of controls. At least one joycon, if not 2, is required to properly headtrack the headset, leaving nothing for someone to control with. In addition, any control scheme would be either better or worse than the standard scheme. Both result in an imbalance in online play, since it is a competitive game, after all. On top of it, much of splatoon would need to be rebuilt to fit a first person perspective, since the entire  engine's code is centered around 3rd person movement and camera control.

Splatoon Inkling

I have a bad feeling about this...

Bobbythekid21

333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

You have to have other labo things, and it's probably gonna be for specialized games made just for labo. I even got a notification about it on my switch today.
EDIT:My whole point in a nutshell, exactly as I predicted.