NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Code_Name_Geek's Arrangements (Harvest Moon)  (Read 903 times)

Code_Name_Geek

• Bombchu Bolero
  • Virtual Farmer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Code_Name_Geek's Arrangements (Harvest Moon)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »

What a sweet piece to arrange, it does look like it's fun to play. :) Just thought I'd drop by to help with a couple of your queries:

• I think it would be worth including the change in accompaniment that occurs in the second repeat. Removing the repeats, adding more measures, copying over the right hand melody and changing the left hand to play staccato quarter notes/chords on each beat should do the trick.
• The bottom note in the first 4 rolled chords sounds like an A. More often than not, chords form a simple triad, so if the chord sounds pretty normal (ie. there's no dissonance) then checking if it contains a root, a 3rd and a 5th of a key is a sure way to spot any missed notes. Also, I believe there should be an A in the rolled chords on bars 10 & 12.

That's all I had for now - good luck with the rest of the polish, I'm sure it will come out splendidly.
Thanks so much for the feedback, this will be very helpful!! I hadn't thought to totally change the left hand for the second repeat so I'll see what I can do with that. Might take some time to work it out but I'll post here when it's updated. :)
My piano arrangements!!

I’m using Finale v26 which may cause articulations to appear out of place if opened in an older version of Finale. Sorry!

Code_Name_Geek

• Bombchu Bolero
  • Virtual Farmer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Code_Name_Geek's Arrangements (Harvest Moon)
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town - Fall

I'm pretty hyped for the upcoming remake of this game so I'm working on a few arrangements from it in the meantime! And with fall just around the corner, this seemed like the perfect song to tackle next. This one was a little challenging arrangement-wise, but the only part I'm unsure about the notes is the left-hand chords in the last 8 bars before the D.S. I also decided to use octaves for the melody echo to emulate the stereo separation in the original mix.

My piano arrangements!!

I’m using Finale v26 which may cause articulations to appear out of place if opened in an older version of Finale. Sorry!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.