NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Code_Name_Geek's Arrangements (NEW: RollerCoaster Tycoon)  (Read 1324 times)

Code_Name_Geek

• Lapras Lullaby
  • Virtual Farmer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Code_Name_Geek's Arrangements (Harvest Moon)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »

What a sweet piece to arrange, it does look like it's fun to play. :) Just thought I'd drop by to help with a couple of your queries:

• I think it would be worth including the change in accompaniment that occurs in the second repeat. Removing the repeats, adding more measures, copying over the right hand melody and changing the left hand to play staccato quarter notes/chords on each beat should do the trick.
• The bottom note in the first 4 rolled chords sounds like an A. More often than not, chords form a simple triad, so if the chord sounds pretty normal (ie. there's no dissonance) then checking if it contains a root, a 3rd and a 5th of a key is a sure way to spot any missed notes. Also, I believe there should be an A in the rolled chords on bars 10 & 12.

That's all I had for now - good luck with the rest of the polish, I'm sure it will come out splendidly.
Thanks so much for the feedback, this will be very helpful!! I hadn't thought to totally change the left hand for the second repeat so I'll see what I can do with that. Might take some time to work it out but I'll post here when it's updated. :)
Check out my piano arrangements!!

I’m using Finale v26 which may cause articulations to appear out of place if opened in an older version of Finale. Sorry!

Code_Name_Geek

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town - Fall
[MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [MIDI]

I'm pretty hyped for the upcoming remake of this game so I'm working on a few arrangements from it in the meantime! And with fall just around the corner, this seemed like the perfect song to tackle next. This one was a little challenging arrangement-wise, but the only part I'm unsure about the notes is the left-hand chords in the last 8 bars before the D.S. I also decided to use octaves for the melody echo to emulate the stereo separation in the original mix.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:34:57 PM by Code_Name_Geek »

I’m using Finale v26 which may cause articulations to appear out of place if opened in an older version of Finale. Sorry!

Code_Name_Geek

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 05:47:17 PM »

Stardew Valley - Spirit's Eve Festival

Happy October! I put together this arrangement partly for the Halloween update, but also because I think it's one of the most interesting songs in the game. The instrumentation is pretty unique, and there were definitely some parts that were a challenge to adapt to piano but I've tried my best to reflect the sound of the original as much as possible. There might be some missing harmonies in the intro because I couldn't quite pick those out.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 07:14:15 PM by Code_Name_Geek »

Code_Name_Geek

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 05:55:04 PM »

Anticipation - Puzzle Themes

Here's a collection of the four puzzle themes from Nintendo's video board game, Anticipation! These are all short, non-looping themes that play when you're solving the appropriate colour of puzzle, and they all have a similar bluesy sound to them. I think they adapted really nicely to the piano so I don't have too much to say about the arrangement itself. Fun fact: the soundtrack to this game was composed by David Wise as he was the only composer employed at Rare during the time this game was developed! I unironically love playing this game with my friends send help.

Yellow Puzzle:

Pink Puzzle:

Green Puzzle:

Blue Puzzle:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:37:18 PM by Code_Name_Geek »

Code_Name_Geek

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2019, 10:24:58 PM »

Harvest Moon 2 GBC - Spring

This piece was pretty easy arrangement-wise, but I did run into a few other issues while working on it. First of all, I have exhausted every resource I know of and haven’t been able to find the composer for this game listed anywhere, not even the in-game credits. Also, the track for this song is mislabeled as “Winter” in the linked OST, but it is definitely the Spring theme as heard in this let’s play. As for the arrangement itself, I switched some octaves in the accompaniment to make it more idiomatic of a ragtime piano piece, as that’s the style this composition seems to be emulating. I’m not sure about a few of the left hand dyads (particularly in bars 3-4 and the last 4 bars), as well as the chords in the last 2 measures, so let me know if there’s anything weird there!

Harvest Moon 64 - Flower Festival Dancing

This is one of my favourite songs from this game and has been perpetually stuck in my head since I was about 9 years old. The formatting on this is a little messy since it’s my first time trying to add a percussion part, so it probably needs some work in that department. The stomping rhythm in the second half might be a little unwieldy, so I’m open to simplifying that if necessary.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:38:36 PM by Code_Name_Geek »

Code_Name_Geek

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 03:03:45 AM »

What a sweet piece to arrange, it does look like it's fun to play. :) Just thought I'd drop by to help with a couple of your queries:

• I think it would be worth including the change in accompaniment that occurs in the second repeat. Removing the repeats, adding more measures, copying over the right hand melody and changing the left hand to play staccato quarter notes/chords on each beat should do the trick.
• The bottom note in the first 4 rolled chords sounds like an A. More often than not, chords form a simple triad, so if the chord sounds pretty normal (ie. there's no dissonance) then checking if it contains a root, a 3rd and a 5th of a key is a sure way to spot any missed notes. Also, I believe there should be an A in the rolled chords on bars 10 & 12.

That's all I had for now - good luck with the rest of the polish, I'm sure it will come out splendidly.
It’s been a long time coming but I’ve finally updated this arrangement to reflect the accompaniment change in the second half! I think it’s in a lot better shape so thanks again for the help!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:09:52 AM by Code_Name_Geek »

Code_Name_Geek

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2019, 06:47:27 AM »

Persona 3 - Aria of the Soul
(Collaboration with Samusthedude)

This is a very special arrangement because it’s my first collaborative arrangement! It was quite an experience getting this put together and neither of us could have done it alone, so a huge thanks to my good friend (and fellow Persona fan) Samusthedude, who has had as much of a hand in this project as I have. There are probably some issues because it was a challenging venture for both of us, but any feedback can be left in the submission topic. Hope you enjoy this arrangement of a classic Persona song!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 07:12:21 PM by Code_Name_Geek »

Code_Name_Geek

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile

RollerCoaster Tycooon - Title Theme

This sheet marks an important milestone for me: it's the first arrangement I've created from scratch in Finale instead of importing from a MuseScore XML! I had already partially transcribed this song for an orchestral arrangement I was doing a while back and I figured it was the perfect one to try from scratch since I had a lot of the notes already. Well, when I went to do it I found out that not only had I missed a lot of parts the first time, but some of the notes I had were flat-out wrong! So it ended up being a fair bit of work but it's good to see that my ear has improved since the last time I attempted this song.

RollerCoaster Tycoon was a staple of my childhood, not the least because my siblings and I spent an entire summer playing it when we had chicken pox and weren't allowed to play with the other kids on our street. This title theme is probably the most recognizable piece from the game, and it remains one of my favourite pieces of video game music to this day. There was a point where I nearly gave up including the French horn line in the third section, which would have been a shame as it's a great melody, but with a few compromises I was able to fit it in. I've tried to write out the articulations and dynamics from the original as meticulously as possible, and because of that I think this may be my most polished sheet yet. All the same, let me know if you see anything I missed!

I should mention that the note about skipping to m. 52 is because there is an extra section that is added to the theme if you have the expansion packs for the game. Skipping to m. 52 preserves the original loop while continuing on follows the extended version.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 23 queries.