TWG CXII Game Thread

Started by mikey, April 08, 2019, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Funnygurl555 on April 13, 2019, 09:04:55 PMleetic being nk'd means he's most likely town.
In what situation would leetic not be town? :P This is kind of an odd thing to say. The wolves know each other, so there's no reason there should be any shenanigans going on.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

I've got a lot of thoughts but I'm working straight Saturday through Sunday so most of my activity will be later tomorrow night.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Funnygurl555

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 13, 2019, 10:22:58 PMIn what situation would leetic not be town? :P This is kind of an odd thing to say. The wolves know each other, so there's no reason there should be any shenanigans going on.

idk man some freak of nature shit coulda happened where a wolf ate themselves

FireArrow

Quick thoughts:

Leetic dying is odd, and I think that's the point. I personally had a wolf lean on him, and he was never particularly threatening to anyone, so his kill was likely an attempt at avoiding obvious choices or looking like an attempt at framing. Thinking wolves are likely at the center of what was going on D1 and that players less involved would be inclined to kill someone like me/kai/etc. to stir the pot.

Strong wolf lean funnygurl, however in hindsight it may just turn out to be a human not bothering to look human so I'm not gonna bring to much up about that right now.

BDS feels odd - he's playing different than I remember human BDS playing but it could just be rust/play-style changes on both our parts. Human lean on Kai for now. Neutral lean on dead Voozio - found one of his posts odd, but the bandwagon vote I understood and he way last minute lynched way too easily to be a wolf.

Shy was called out for being inactive, said lol yeah im active as a human, then went back to being inactive and relatively unhelpful. Either bad wolf play or  he's human, haven't decided which yet. Davy being inactive sucks, and it would suck even more if he's a wolf, but he's not one to play lame inactive wolf shenanigans so its not an issue I wanna push.

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on April 13, 2019, 10:07:07 PMI, too, noticed the point Kai said. If FA dies the next night, it could look worse for me, being they both voted for me D1. However, that could also be, as Kai said, a big ol dollop of whyfoam (if I were a wolf).

If I die? How do you know I'm not a wolf? You're too new to analyze the posts of active players but you seem perfectly capable of speculating the consequences of nightkills for yourself. Last night we got a nightkill that makes you look good, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Dropping an early vote, thinking Nana1Popo2/funnygurl right now. I still intend to read everything over and make a big post later, at which point my vote may change, but I want to give you a chance to defend yourself now since I fear I won't have the luxury of time to go through the motions of that later.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

davy

So I usually like to start the game by joining the discussion of wether to alliance or not, but since I wasn't there for the start of the game, I can only look back on it now. I agree with the no alliance conclusion, with just two specials, no card flips, a potential guardian that can't self guard, and a potential seer that can't find wolves making an alliance just doesn't make much sense. I'd say that Blinky's activity in the night discussion was a reason for him getting wolf'd that night.

Unlike FireArrow I don't find Funnygurl's post odd. I think it is reasonable for new players to ask about out of thread communication. I agree with Funnygurl that it is odd that FireArrow replied to the post twice, and only addressing his suspicions in the seccond reply, but I think FireArrow's reasoning makes sense.

I am very much not fond of the early bandwagon that started off of BDS's vote. This makes me suspicious of both n1p2 and kai. Voozio's reasoning for voting Shy seems even more suspicious. Had I been active last day phase I would likely have voted Voozio as well.

Unlike Funnygurl I actually think BDS suspicion list was fine. It's an early list so there is not much too go off of, but it could have generated some discussion, which is something TWG can always use.

@Kai what is a middle of the wagon tell?

And then we get a classic end of the phase vote swing. I'd rather have people be sure about their votes early in the phase, but I agree with the lynch, so I don't have much more to say about that.

So after Blinky, Leetic is wolf'd. Seems like the wolves are going for the new players. Could be because they don't have any connection to the NSM players, which would suggest that the wolves are NSM players.

Agree with BDS and FA that Funnygurl addressing the possibility of leetic being a wolf is odd.

Not sure how to assess n1p1's comment on FA being the next wolf target.

Suspicion list and vote is comming up in the next post.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

From least to most suspicious:

1. BDS/FA: Both seem to be playing a very typical game. If one of them is a wolf, he has been hiding his wolfiness pretty good so far. However, since they are both very good players, they are both still neutral leans for me.
2. Kaiveran: Very slightly suspicious because of the bandwagon. Reasoning makes sense, and he also created a lynch for a, in my oppinion, better alternative, which is why he isn't lower on the list.
3. N1P2: slightly suspicious. Mostly because of the bandwagon. Also had some more odd, but not necessairy suspicious behavior so far.
4. Funnygurl: suspicious. The comment about leetic possibly being a wolf is something that you just shouldn't make if you are a human. At the same time, I would assume that a wolf would be a bit more cautious which is why she's not at the very bottom of the list. It definately doesn't give her a pass, though.
5. ShyYoshiGuy: stronly suspicious. His inactivity is one thing, but it is the way he handled it that makes me suspicious. Especially for newer players the easiest way to avoid suspicion as a wolf is by being inactive. It often happens that humans are too scared to lynch an inactive wolf because lynching inactive humans will end up helping the wolves win. Considering the way Shy responded to being called out as inactive, I think he is trying to use this exact tactic to avoid suspicion, so I'm voting him so he does not get away with it.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Nana1Popo2

To start off, I mentioned already that i jumped on the "bandwagon" early on literally just to get something going because the game was pretty inactive up until that point (in comparison to previous games that is...). That's it... also because i did believe it could've been Shy :/

Secondly, I actually agree pretty similarly to davy's "suspicion list" post.... even after accusing him before.. Suspicious? Hopefully not.. i honestly just agree with him. Take it as you will...

Lastly, i never claimed FA to be the next wolf target. I said that if he were to die next because of a wolf, then itd probably look suspicious on me since both he and leetic voted for me D1. It could be that me bringing this up publicly will make it less likely to happen, but idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Oh also, no one has mentioned that a Revoker could be in this game as one of the roles. They just care about the more active ones... any thoughts on this?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Nana1Popo2

I'm going to vote Shy in the event that I dont have time to check back and change my vote because of work.
You gotta defend yourself here, dude :/
Why should we not vote for you?

ShyYoshiGuy

Ok, no, I essentially forgot the game started after I posted that first thing. But I'm here now, and I'm Normal Human. This is me defending myself, right now.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

BlackDragonSlayer

Most suspicious to least suspicious

Kaiveran: Like I said before, I'm pretty sure Kai and Voozio are opposite alignments.
funnygurl555: Has been acting a little off all game, but recently has been really off. Kind of seems like a wolf trying to say human things.
ShyYoshiGuy: "But I'm here now, and I'm Normal Human. This is me defending myself, right now." I think that answers for itself. Could easily be a wolf whose partner is shouting at him to stay down and not mess things up.

Nana1Popo2: The most suspicious thing he's done is the bandwagon on Shy, but unlike Kai, I think N1P2 at least had some justification for his vote.
davy: My earlier suspicion is reversed now that davy's active and contributing to at least some degree.

FireArrow: It's pretty normal for me to be cautious of FireArrow but I think he's been playing very normally this game.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ShyYoshiGuy

Actually, no, what's this weird inactive thing davy's trying to pull? How did I "handle it"? All you told us was how being inactive can be a strategy for wolves. All that happened was that I didn't appear or read any of the messages at the beginning of the game. It seems all you're doing is blaming solely on inactivity without too much of a justification. I mean, leetic didn't say much, but he turned out not to be a wolf. And your suspicion wasn't even on him. You're just putting me on the chopping block (Survivor terminology, lol) because it's easy since there isn't a big case for me either way.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on April 14, 2019, 03:58:32 PMhe turned out not to be a wolf.

We technically dont know this because cardflips are off..

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on April 14, 2019, 04:39:55 PMWe technically dont know this because cardflips are off..

Well, looking at the roles, humans can't kill people during the night. There's nothing like a vigilante or anything there. So, unless I misread one of the roles or a wolf sacrificed himself, I believe we should just assume he was human.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Nana1Popo2

Wow im dumb. I forgot he died during the night...
I mean... we can probably safely assume he was human, but who knows, something dastardly could be going on with the wolf team...
I'd love to see something that crazy pan out, but tbh youre right. I just forgot.

Funnygurl555

i'm not a fan of people thinking i'm wolfy for saying "most likely is" instead of "is". just think it through logically: what head space am i in if i'm considering the possibility? i'm also not the only one who phrased it this way. check discord.

i really didn't like firearrow's reads post, so that's where i'm at right now. also with the syg suspicions, where were y'all last EOD?