TWG CXIII: Screw Strategy, We Have Money!

Started by davy, July 08, 2019, 10:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funnygurl555

davy

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on July 12, 2019, 08:30:21 AMOk, so I explained myself on Discord. Although mikey's vote is weird, it only makes sense if hoggers is his partner. hoggers x mikey, FG, MD are the most likely for me. If the wolves get me (we have cardflips on, right?), my prime wolfread is hoggers.

Cardflips are off
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

ShyYoshiGuy

Reads list-

1. BlackDragonSlayer - town
Uses logic that makes sense from my perspective, makes sensible votes

2. hoggers - main wolfread
Makes weird votes I can only see from the perspective trying to save his partner, but not being too obvious. Also suspect for inactive wolf, not knowing what phase we started at

3. mikey - wolf
Makes weird votes too, but his second vote only makes sense if hoggers is also a wolf

5. E. Gadd Industries - town
Uses logic, explains himself, makes respectable votes

6. Funnygurl555 - wolf
So, we got: trying to shift blame on mikey for a grudge in a different game, having two votes before hoggers voted, and that slip

7. EveningSun720 - neutral
Doesn't post as much of her thoughts, but still makes respectable votes and isn't associated with hoggers' weird vote

8. MadDemon - wolf
Suspect for inactive wolf. It's still possible hoggers is the inactive wolf but it's at least less likely. And also having two votes before hoggers voted.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: davy on July 12, 2019, 08:45:04 AMCardflips are off

Aw man. Welp, here's to hoping I don't get ambushed by the wolves.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

hoggers

preflip association are house of cards. one small mistakeo, and blow over it will. you play dangerous game here, and not look like it work for you.

you get one more chance

BlackDragonSlayer

What the hell? Why did you vote for Shy?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

hoggers

BlackDragonSlayer

I did. I saw no worthwhile explanation.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

So let me get this straight...

Hoggers voted ShyYoshiGuy after offering the explanation that Shy was too self-centered in thinking. But the post that warranted this (correct me if I'm wrong) was simply Shy questioning mikey why mikey accused Shy of being a wolf. I strongly believe that that's a natural response to being accused of being a wolf, asking why you're being accused, so I would like to post the question to you specifically, Hoggers:

If someone accused you of being a wolf similarly to the way mikey accused Shy (in a somewhat joking and/or unexplained way), how would you respond? I would assume it wouldn't be "Why do you accuse me?", because that's "too self-centered." Also, you might want to know that you won't get far in a game like this by, when asked for reasoning, you simply say "Read" and nothing more. Everyone worth their salt in this game reads, so if we're not understanding to the point of asking questions, it might be worthwhile to explain it.

Sadly, though, it seems this game is plagued with a lack of explanation and that leaves people like me who are still not all that familiar with the intricacies of more advanced playing (although I'm not so sure I'd call this game "advanced playing") in the dark. If people would actually take the time to explain their votes, they might be able to actually persuade me to support their cause.

I didn't intend on making a rant post, but do try to explain your actions when playing. If at the very least, it makes it easier for town to cooperate and makes you look less wolfish (unless you are a wolf, in which case it might reveal your colors).
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

hoggers

this not a cause to support. this a decision you come to when you view both player word and find truth. i no vote to kill, i vote to be informed.

why me mean person evil. instead of why me, i attack person argument and offer people who are wolfy or say person attacking me is wolf. town focus less on defense and more offense because they know they good. no need to defend when they feel they should be townread already.

BlackDragonSlayer

How can someone defend against an argument they don't know the reasoning to!!??

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Also, I disagree that town is always offensive. An accused town often has to be defensive, or else they're going to end up on the lynching plate.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

hoggers

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 12, 2019, 11:04:26 AMHow can someone defend against an argument they don't know the reasoning to!!??
reasoning clear

self centered. how not be self centered? just think of word. self. centered. focus on others and not self. make read that involve not who pushing you but who shying away. he no do this

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: hoggers on July 12, 2019, 10:52:46 AMi attack person argument and offer people who are wolfy or say person attacking me is wolf.

That's what I did. I said the person attacking me, you, is wolf. I can't attack your argument if you don't have one.
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

hoggers

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on July 12, 2019, 11:40:32 AMThat's what I did. I said the person attacking me, you, is wolf. I can't attack your argument if you don't have one.
yes but you reason suck. independantly that also make you wolfy, but it not the starting basis of vote which was question. you no attack mikey or engage and only say why me. then i vote for this and again why me come up but when you think my argument is weak is when you strike. cowardly and wolfy action. only to when you understood argument strong did you enlist help of wolf friend