Game: Dark Souls
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Great Grey Wolf Sif
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Static

I'm glad you warned me, I am in tears - over how it crashed Finale when I tried to play it back.

I don't have much to say here, just that the quarter rest in m34 is clashing with the note above it. Also, I think that the C#m key signature at the beginning is kind of unnecessary since it's such a short section. It's fine if you want to keep it, though.

Libera

Quote from: Static on December 06, 2019, 02:50:09 PMI'm glad you warned me, I am in tears - over how it crashed Finale when I tried to play it back.

Even finale doesn't want the Sif boss music to play.

Quote from: Static on December 06, 2019, 02:50:09 PMI don't have much to say here, just that the quarter rest in m34 is clashing with the note above it. Also, I think that the C#m key signature at the beginning is kind of unnecessary since it's such a short section. It's fine if you want to keep it, though.

Both things fixed.  Thanks for checking!

Static

Looks good! This is kinda nitpicky, but there should be a little more space at the beginning of m2.

Libera

Hmm yeah you're right.  I think some weird spacing stuff happened when I changed the key signature that don't want to reset automatically.  I manually adjusted a bunch of the spacings on the first system so hopefully that should be ok now....

Latios212

Looks good to me. Just a few small things:
- Watch the tie directions in m. 6 and 45 (points up when there's nothing below it)
- 8vas have odd cutoff points in m. 20/65. (Also watch out where the right part of the line ends when you move the line left, like in m. 25/40 it doesn't reach the end of the measure)
- Could we move the F# in m. 43 over a bit so it's not so close to the D# which you've shifted right?
- Not really sure what can be done about this, but is the A between m. 40-41 meant to be tied? It looks like it could be interpreted as a slur or tie
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Thanks for checking!  I've put new files up with the changes as you've suggested.

Quote from: Latios212 on December 20, 2019, 03:35:35 PM- Not really sure what can be done about this, but is the A between m. 40-41 meant to be tied? It looks like it could be interpreted as a slur or tie

Yes it's a tie.  I think it's reasonably clear on inspection that it has to be a tie and I think this way makes the voices clearer.  Although I admit that it could be confusing for a sight reader, I think it's best to go this way.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

only thing i'm curious about is why you didn't notate that choir coming in at m.32, since (i feel) the way it punctuates the relative peace is a bit important, so i'd add emphasis to that currently notated arpeggiated chord or something

Libera

I guess since the notes the choir sings there are already covered by the harpsichord I didn't think it'd make any difference in the arrangement.  If you've got ideas I'm happy to hear them though.

Static

I think m32 would be fine either way. I'll accept this one now.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot