News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[SNES] Shin Megami Tensei - "Terminal" by Rwars

Started by Zeta, January 24, 2020, 12:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Shin Megami Tensei
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Terminal
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Rwars

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

You might want to listen to the melody pitches again, as they're currently completely wrong.

Also the inversion of the left hand chord should be the other way around.

And the left hand should probably drop an octave going into bar 3.

I don't mean to be harsh, but maybe you should be a little bit more careful when making sheets, because having this many mistakes on a sheet that is literally 4 bars long makes it seem like not much care is being shown in the process.

Rwars

Quote from: Libera on January 31, 2020, 04:33:50 PMYou might want to listen to the melody pitches again, as they're currently completely wrong.

Also the inversion of the left hand chord should be the other way around.

And the left hand should probably drop an octave going into bar 3.

I don't mean to be harsh, but maybe you should be a little bit more careful when making sheets, because having this many mistakes on a sheet that is literally 4 bars long makes it seem like not much care is being shown in the process.
I am SO sorry, turns out I ended up uploading an earlier version of this project where many things were still placeholders. I'm sorry if it looks like I don't care when my stuff doesn't turn out to be high quality, I'm not the best with hearing out tones, but I definitely do try and I care about this stuff. This new version should be much better. I'm not exactly sure what to do with the LH, and I'm not sure exactly what you mean by inversion, but this new LH is about what I hear. Anything I should change?

Edit: Made some additional changes and fixes. Tell me if you think the LH should be different.

mastersuperfan

I'm hearing an additional A in the LH in m1-2.

I might also consider cutting the BPM in half and changing the melody from quarter notes to eighth notes, as tempo=118 feels rather fast for the beat given the mood of the piece.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Rwars

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 01, 2020, 11:53:22 PMI'm hearing an additional A in the LH in m1-2.

I might also consider cutting the BPM in half and changing the melody from quarter notes to eighth notes, as tempo=118 feels rather fast for the beat given the mood of the piece.
I do think you're right, cutting the tempo in half. I was wondering whether or not to put the A in m1~2, but if you think so then you're probably right. I also added in a sustain marking that I forgot to include in the previous revision.

Libera

Rwars

Quote from: Libera on February 02, 2020, 08:13:02 AMWrong files?
Correct files uploaded, brb as I cry from uploading the wrong set on a submission again. This is a pretty good argument for completely rearranging my music folders.

mastersuperfan

This would probably look better with both measures in the same system.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Rwars

Latios212

Yes, but it just looks kind of silly with the notes spread out so much :P

One system is just fine.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Rwars

Hmm, I guess so. One measure per system is a bit much anyhow. Fixed.

Code_Name_Geek

Tiny suggestion, but it might be worth considering using D#'s instead of Eb's in the melody so you don't have to go back and forth between Eb and E natural. I could see it going either way because of the D natural in the bass so it's not necessarily wrong, just something to think about.

Rwars

I guess so. I felt that it could go either way with the D naturals and E naturals both appearing, but yeah, having them be represented by D# instead of Eb would save a bit of ink or something.

Libera