News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Food/Cooking Update

Started by Libera, January 26, 2020, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

I have a lot of feedback tonight:
Zeila - Link's Memories: 'Silent Princess'
- m12, 16 LH: Fn should be E# (C#7 chords)
- m20: That grace note slur might look better flipped upwards instead.
- m24-27 LH: Abs should be G#s (G7 chords without the 5th), Gns should be Fxs (chromatic neighbor), Bb in m27 should be A#.
- m25, 27 RH: Any reason you went with 32nds instead of grace notes? Either is fine, I'm just wondering. The B# in m27 would probably be better written as a C in this case. The main reason is to match m25 but there's another harmonic line of reasoning I was thinking about. It's kind of weird bc there are so few notes here, but if you think of the dyads in the LH as being part of parallel dominant 7th chords, then the chord here is a G7, and B# isn't a part of that chord/scale (even if the key is something different, I think its better to pick accidentals based on the current chord or scale, but it depends) Sorry, this is kind of a lot to say for one tiny little thing, so if you have any questions let me know.
[close]
Radiak488417 - Apple Woods
- Copyright info text size should match the Arranger/Composer info.
- m1-8, 25-32 LH: Those long notes sound like they only last for 1 measure, not 2.
- m19, 43 RH beat 3: This note should be staccato.
- m24 LH beat 3: There should be a low Eb here.
- m45-46 RH: Bn should be Cb, An should be Bbb.
- m57, 59 RH beats 1-2: I feel like these spots should stand out a bit more, either by adding some extra harmonies (since there are some more in the original), or with dynamics. They should contrast with the lone quarter notes in m57/69 beat 3 to m58/60.
- m78 RH beat 3: This Gb should actually be F# since it's a chromatic line moving upwards.
[close]
Maelstrom - Strawberry Crisis!!
- The "Dim.Dream" part of the title shouldn't have a space between "Dim." and "Dream".
- m55 RH: Courtesy natural for the An perhaps?
- m60-61: Ending numbers are a bit too close to the notes for my liking.
- m66: mf is touching barline.
- Make sure you specify that you want the LH 8vb to end after m97.
- https
- Developer should be "ZUN Soft", along with publisher Amusement Makers (this applies to all the PC-98 Touhou games btw).
[close]
Nine Lives - Sweet Sweet Canyon
- The LH should be full chords, not just octaves. Listen again and try to pick out some of those harmonies, but if you need help let me know.
- m18 RH: It doesn't sound like there's a grace note on beat 3.
- m19 RH: I would put that lower line in Layer 2 like m20 (keep beat 2 an 8th note).
- m28: Why a dotted quarter note here, but not in m30? You should keep your beat groupings consistent.
- m45-52 RH: The lower octave becomes a different harmony at m50 beat 4. It might also be a good idea to include some other harmonies here (whole notes in the RH as a 2nd layer, perhaps), since some of the chords sound like they're missing something. m50 for example is an A7 chord, but it's impossible to tell that in the sheet because there's no C# (or Cn for that matter) - you can't tell if it's major or minor unless you've listened to the original.
- m53-56 should still be in C major, this is just a classic Mario-style bVI-bVII-I walk-up (Ab major chord to Bb major to C major).
- Key changes should have double barlines.
Bassline stuff:
- m7, 11, 19, 23: Beat 4 should be F# instead of G.
- m8: There should be another G on beat 2.
- m12: Beat 4.5 should be a G instead of B (same octave as the Gs right before it)
- m15: Beats 3-4 should be Abs (I know it sounds weird, but that's what's there)
- m18: Bns should be Bbs.
- m24: Beat 2.5 and 4 should be Ds instead of Gs. There shouldn't be a note on beat 3.5.
- m26: Beat 1 should be an octave lower. There should be 2 8th notes on beat 4 (4th space G and third line D).
- m27: Beat 2.5 should be an octave lower with a grace note G at the current octave.
- m41: Beats 1-2 should be Abs, Beat 3 should be Eb, Beat 4 should be a G.
- m42: Beats 1-2 should be 4 8th notes (Ab-Ab-Ab-Eb). Beat 3.5 should be Eb.
- m43: Beat 3 should be Fn.
- m44: Beat 1 and 2.5 should be an octave lower. Beat 2.5 should not be tied; Beat 3 should be 2 8th note Gs, Beat 4 should be A.
- m47: Beat 4 should be F# instead of G.
- m48: Beat 4 should be long, not staccato.
- m55: Beat 4 should be An.
- m56: Beat 4 should be 2 8th notes (Bb to Bn, 2nd line).
- m60: Beat 2.5 should not be tied. Beats 3-4 should be an 8th rest and then a dotted quarter note G.
[close]
Code_Name_Geek - Frozen Pizza and Eggs (Shane's Theme)
- That E in m16 sounds like it should be an octave higher.
- m28: Since you already have that G in layer 2, make it a half note and make the next half note an E below it. It matches up with the string part there.
[close]
Code_Name_Geek - Cooking
- That stretch in the LH in m3 and similar places is kinda pushing it for most players. I'd try to find some way around that (either moving the low Ab up or the C down to another chord tone). Otherwise, looks great.
[close]
Code_Name_Geek - Big Bang Burger March
- m15-16: Be careful; the tuba actually goes D-C#-B-C# here.
- m27: This note should not be tied; the flutes rearticulate the F# here.
[close]
Th3Gavst3r - BMI Results
- Looks good.
[close]
Th3Gavst3r - BBQ Spit
- Looks great.
[close]
Th3Gavst3r - K.K. Gumbo
- Not sure if you intended to or not, but there's a few ghosted guitar notes you didn't include - I think it's fine not to include all of them but just letting you know.
- For this bluesy New Orleans kinda style, I think it should definitely be notated in the major key, so thanks for doing that.
[close]
Greg - Yoob's Belly
- First off, really great work capturing all the little intricacies of this piece! I think it's easy to lose sight of them in a more atmospheric tune like this one, but you nailed it.
- Game title should be Mario & Luigi, not and.
- The piece is in C major (C lydian), so I would personally make the key signature all naturals, but this has been an ongoing discussion here for quite some time. I'm fine leaving it if you think it's better to chose the key signature based on mode rather than tonal center.
- m3 should probably go back to mezzopiano.
- For those 8th note Ds in m3 and onwards, you might want to add a tenuto to emphasize their length compared to the other 16th notes.
- I think the dynamic should come back down to mp after m23.
- Copyright info should also have AlphaDream since they were the developers, even if they're defunct now.
[close]

Code_Name_Geek

@Static

Stardew Valley - Frozen Pizza and Eggs (Shane's Theme)
[MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [MIDI]

Done, updated files above.
[close]

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility - Cooking

You're absolutely right, I went to play this on piano today and those spots had escaped my attention. I just brought the dyad down to the next chord tones, it doesn't disrupt the sound of it much at all.
[close]

Persona 5 - Big Bang Burger March

- I think the tuba part is actually D-C#-B-A in m. 15 and D-C#-B-C# in m. 16, in which case I had it wrong anyways. I changed it to that.
- Good catch on the ties; I took them out.
[close]

Thanks for taking a look!

Greg

Files updated per Static's feedback, thanks for checking.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Yug_Guy on February 05, 2020, 07:03:47 PMKirby Super Star [SNES]
"Peanut Plain" (Replacement)MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal

- I would specify "L.H." in the "play one octave lower than written" note.
- The consecutive 16ths in the LH in m1-3 are really hard to play with the thumb. I would suggest changing those into single 8th notes since it shouldn't sound that different anyway.
- m3-4 in the RH looks pretty difficult to play, and while I imagine the notes are there, that's not really the line I hear most on a first listen to the original. Is there an easier/more prominent melody to include there instead?
- I think a lot of the eighth notes in the melody (m5-19) could use staccatos.
- m5, m8, m11, m13, and m16 all have a 16th-note triplet instead of two 16th notes on beat 1.5. This is also true of m17 and m19, but it's much harder to play a repeated dyad that fast (with a single note you can use different fingers in rapid succession), so I would only make the change in the aforementioned measures.
- I'm also hearing an F and an A (in addition to the D, which is the highest note) on beat 3 of m30 RH.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

'Agh! Won goph in mah mouph! Blech! Ptooey!' - Libera
Looks great. Just a couple small things.
- m. 16 is missing the pickup to m. 17.
- Maybe staccatos would be nice on the bass notes in beat 4 of m. 23 to best 3 of m. 24?
- I think some of those chords at the end would be better off using flats (the D#/C#/G# chords in particular). Up to you though.
[close]
Vanilla Lake (Beta) - Static
I love how the video title says "accurate" lol
Nothing to say about the sheet though, looks great!
[close]
BMI Results - Th3Gavst3r
Just a couple of small things:
- Flip the bottom tie downwards in "Normal" LH
- The last dyad in "Overweight" is a quarter here instead of a dotted quarter like underweight/obese. Is this intended?
- LH is missing rests in Overweight
[close]
Funny Funny (The Kitchen of Danger) - Static
I'd suggest widening the staves in m. 37 to make more room for the dynamics. That's it!
[close]
Honey B's Hive - Sebastian
Haha this is a pretty funny song :P I adjusted a few of the parentheses and condensed everything onto one page since it fits quite nicely. Approving this one!
[close]
Godot ~ The Fragrance of Dark Coffee - mastersuperfan
Yay replacement!
- Page 1 footer and page 2 header are outside the margins (would suggest moving everything down on page 2 to spread it out evenly)
- You have an A# against a Bb in m. 9, not sure if it would be better to pick one... though I see the Bb>A and A#>B movement with the next measure so maybe it's fine
- I think m. 18 needs more harmony (hearing an A, maybe other stuff too). Also the top dot is funny there
- The major second in m. 29 is a bit more clashy than I think it should be (also a bit odd because the D just struck prior); how about lowering the D back down an octave? The ninth isn't too bad to stretch
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Also, I've added the following three sheets - the last from me for this update! The Yoshi's Cookie one is a replacement.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 09, 2020, 12:07:31 PMRhythm Heaven Fever
NEW!   Working Dough[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Yoshi's Cookie
NEW!   Title Screen[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Kirby's Return to Dream Land
NEW!   Dangerous Dinner[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

This week didn't give me a lot of time to do the sheets I wanted to, so the last arrangement I've made just for this update is "Crash! Gourmet Race", which is now in my Dropbox folder. "Apple Scramble" and "Hilltop Chase" will just have to wait.

To make up for this setback, I've also added a previously made sheet, from Kirby's Block Ball, to my folder.

"Crash! Gourmet Race" Arranger's Notes
- I had trouble deciphering the bass drum in m. 2, so I just made it a simple octave tremolo
- the glissando on beat 4 of m. 3 is flexible, I really don't care what note it starts on
- for the LH in the repeated section, I used the bass line's on-beat 8ths up an octave, and for the off-beat 8ths I used the top two notes of the accompaniment chords. These are also flexible, I'm not confident with this decision
- I would appreciate someone re-checking those grace notes; the pitch bends in the original are really slight, and I can barely tell if the intervals are minor or major 2nds
[close]

Oh, and here are the originals:

Here's to trying new things!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Radiak488417

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 06, 2020, 12:26:39 AMPokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky: "Apple Woods"

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

All fixed, although I'm not sure about the harmonies in measures 57 and 59, I'm having trouble hearing them.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 09, 2020, 01:09:34 AM"Godot ~ The Fragrance of Dark Coffee" (replacement) - [NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Quote from: Latios212 on February 09, 2020, 11:34:38 AM
Godot ~ The Fragrance of Dark Coffee - mastersuperfan
Yay replacement!
- Page 1 footer and page 2 header are outside the margins (would suggest moving everything down on page 2 to spread it out evenly)
- You have an A# against a Bb in m. 9, not sure if it would be better to pick one... though I see the Bb>A and A#>B movement with the next measure so maybe it's fine
- I think m. 18 needs more harmony (hearing an A, maybe other stuff too). Also the top dot is funny there
- The major second in m. 29 is a bit more clashy than I think it should be (also a bit odd because the D just struck prior); how about lowering the D back down an octave? The ninth isn't too bad to stretch
[close]

Files updated with Latios' feedback, along with some help with enharmonic spellings from Static.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 09, 2020, 01:35:36 PMFiles updated with Latios' feedback, along with some help with enharmonic spellings from Static.
Neat, looks good now!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

Quote from: Rubikium on February 09, 2020, 12:16:19 PM[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot - "Time for Dessert!"

Feedback
  • Composer should just be Hirokazu Ando.
  • LH m1-15: All notes falling on beat 2 should be staccato, except in measure 4.
  • Many of the LH dyads/notes in measures 1-15 falling on beat 2.5 are inaccurate:
    • m1: F# should be moved up an octave.
    • m2: D# should be moved up an octave.
    • m3: Dyad should be an A#dim triad (A#, C#, E).
    • m6: The A# should be a G#-A# dyad.
    • m8: Dyad should have an A# added on top.
    • m11: I think the LH is actually fine, but there should be a triad in the RH on beat 2.5 consisting of A#, C# and D#.
    • m15: Fifth should be filled in with an A# and B#, and should be rolled.
  • m8 RH: The whole measure should be 8va, not just the last two notes.
  • m9 RH: The melody here should be A#, F#, C#. The same goes for measure 11 and measure 13.
  • m14 RH: Dyad on beat 1 should be a triad with notes G#, A# and C#.
  • m15: LH beat 1 should be an octave lower. In the RH, the D# on beat 3.5 should have an A# below it.
  • m16 RH: Melody note on beat 1 should have a grace note (F#).
  • m17 LH: Beat 4.5 dyad should have an E on the bottom instead of a D#.
  • m18 RH: All notes should be staccato. Also, I don't think the 8va needs to extend past the first note.
  • m19: Notes on beats 1 and 4.5 in the RH should be staccato, in the LH the note on beat 2 should be staccato.
  • m20: All notes should be staccato.
  • m21: All RH notes should be staccato. Also, it's really hard to hear, but there's a chord in the RH on beat 4.5—sounds like an F# major triad (F#, A#, C#). On beat 1 in the LH, you should just have a dotted half note instead of a half note tied to a quarter note.
  • m22: In the RH, the B# on beat 4.5 should have an F# below it.
  • m23: In the RH, both dyads should be rolled. All LH notes should be staccato.
  • I think mp would work better as a dynamic for this piece, but that's open to interpretation.

[close]

Latios212

Goal Game - LeviR.star
Looks good!
[close]
Radish Ruins - LeviR.star
This is also great!
[close]
Crash! Gourmet Race - LeviR.star
Quote from: LeviR.star on February 09, 2020, 12:34:28 PM- I had trouble deciphering the bass drum in m. 2, so I just made it a simple octave tremolo - yep that's fine
- the glissando on beat 4 of m. 3 is flexible, I really don't care what note it starts on - I think it'd be better off as a G (fifth leading back to the root)
- for the LH in the repeated section, I used the bass line's on-beat 8ths up an octave, and for the off-beat 8ths I used the top two notes of the accompaniment chords. These are also flexible, I'm not confident with this decision - seems fine to me
- I would appreciate someone re-checking those grace notes; the pitch bends in the original are really slight, and I can barely tell if the intervals are minor or major 2nds - looks good, but beat 3 of m. 13 is missing a D grace note before the F grace note
Other than the above, I think for m. 3 it'd be better to just have the chords strike twice rapidly in succession each time, if playability was the concern here. I think the 16th notes after the chord sound a little odd and with this speed is not unreasonable to just play the chord twice as fast as possible.
[close]
Maple Treeway - Sebastian
Quote from: Static on January 30, 2020, 08:03:37 PMNote that these are all checks for accuracy and playability; I'm leaving the original arrangement decisions intact.
I'm a bit skeptical about how a few of these chord inversions/jumps between sections sound, but overall it's a solid arrangement. I've adjusted a couple of notes - namely that I think the end of m. 31 and 37 RH are just notes descending down the C scale. I've moved this to approved.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on February 09, 2020, 11:34:38 AM- m. 16 is missing the pickup to m. 17.
Yeah I think that got deleted somehow, not entirely sure.  Thanks for spotting it.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 09, 2020, 11:34:38 AM- Maybe staccatos would be nice on the bass notes in beat 4 of m. 23 to best 3 of m. 24?
They don't feel staccato in the sense that the others are to me... but I put tenuto staccatos on them as a compromise for you.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 09, 2020, 11:34:38 AM- I think some of those chords at the end would be better off using flats (the D#/C#/G# chords in particular). Up to you though.
If you swap some of the more annoying ones to flats then you end up swapping between sharps and flats on different chords, and then the short melody lines don't make much sense and it's just a bit ugly.  I think it's better as is.

Thanks for having a look; file updated.