News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Food/Cooking Update

Started by Libera, January 26, 2020, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: Rubikium on February 29, 2020, 11:56:20 AMOther than the possibly misplaced accent on beat 3.5 in m.14, the sheet seems fine to me.
Ah yeah it should be under the first G, not over. I've fixed that and accepted.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 29, 2020, 11:50:42 AM
Peronza Plaza (Super Mario Odyssey) - Latios
The only other suggestion I have would be to explicitly write out the grace notes in m1 as a sixteenth-note triplet (RH) and a sixteenth-note pair (LH). These notes here have a more clear cut rhythm that's easy to write out compared to the other grace notes in this sheet, and they feel less like ornamentations and more like part of the actual line to me. (The rhythm of the LH grace notes is different in m1 and m37, for instance, but the sheet doesn't denote that right now.)
[close]
Okay, sounds good! Updated that.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Peronza Plaza (Super Mario Odyssey) - Latios
Accepted.
[close]

Strawberry Crisis!! (Touhou 3: Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream) - Maelstrom
Discussed with Maelstrom—all changes made, as well as other changes including adding "play LH 8vb until D.C." in m53 and changing the A on m57 RH beat 2.5 to a G. Accepted.
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

There's a few extra notes that would be nice to include because they help the overall progression of the song. Most of what I hear is in measures like 2 and 3, there's this in the RH, +/- some note length:

I only hear this when the melody isn't playing and that 4 measure progression is playing. So 2/3, 19/20, and 35/36.

That's it.

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 29, 2020, 12:52:51 PMThere's a few extra notes that would be nice to include because they help the overall progression of the song. Most of what I hear is in measures like 2 and 3, there's this in the RH, +/- some note length:

I only hear this when the melody isn't playing and that 4 measure progression is playing. So 2/3, 19/20, and 35/36.

That's it.
Libera mentioned that too and I was hesitant to put them in. However, I just tried on my piano again and I like them more than I did before, so I'll put them in :P files updated!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Lat's Teatime Joy and Working Dough have been accepted

Cooking Mama - Title Screen:
m1 b3 LH - Bb should be a C. Same thing in m39
As for the composer, I was able to find his name as "Chamy" or "CHAMY.Ishi" more places. You can just call him "Masayoshi Ishi" and avoid nicknames altogether. Speaking of which, I only found him listed on some obscure site of unknown repute, but it's better than nothing. Too bad cooking mama isn't in VGMDB.

That is all

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 29, 2020, 01:43:40 PMLat's Teatime Joy and Working Dough have been accepted

Cooking Mama - Title Screen:
m1 b3 LH - Bb should be a C. Same thing in m39
As for the composer, I was able to find his name as "Chamy" or "CHAMY.Ishi" more places. You can just call him "Masayoshi Ishi" and avoid nicknames altogether. Speaking of which, I only found him listed on some obscure site of unknown repute, but it's better than nothing. Too bad cooking mama isn't in VGMDB.

That is all
Thanks! I've updated the sheet based on the above :P I'm pretty sure Chami was correct but I like using the full name better. I recognize it from Yoshi stuff...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

I updated my sheets.  Thanks for checking them.  All of the stuff should have been changed (along with some note alterations in Fantastical Feast) or I've responded to them below.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 11, 2020, 07:49:47 PMGreat sheet of a very interesting (and complicated) track (although some parts hurt my wrists just looking at it, lol). The only thing I was wondering about is whether you had considered writing m27-32 in three 3/4-bar phrases. Though I can't hear a clear subdivision of beats either way, I was thinking it might subdivide the right hand better in m27-28 and the left hand better in m31-32, and it also is more continuous with the rest of the sheet and m33 onwards. The way you have it now also makes sense, though, since it's continuous with the 4/4 in m25-26 and splits everything into 2-bar phrases. It's up to you and how you hear it/want it to be expressed, but I just wanted to offer the possibility.

I see where you're coming from but I'll probably keep it how it is.  It keeps the phrases roughly the same length bar wise and I personally find it easier to think about this way, because I've already started counting in four from the previous two bars.  Just a personal preference, really; either way is probably fine.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 11, 2020, 07:49:47 PMAlso I don't play much piano so you probably know more than I do here, but I'm used to seeing pedal markings in the same system vertically aligned? i.e. m13 and m21 look kind of weird to me since one pedal marking is higher than the other, but this might be a perfectly acceptable way of notation that I just haven't seen before.

I understood it to be fine.  Sometimes aligning them vertically can look very ugly, at least to me anyway.

mastersuperfan

Maple Treeway (Mario Kart Wii) - Sebastian
Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 28, 2020, 10:13:36 PM
Maple Treeway (Mario Kart Wii) - Sebastian
- Tempo should be 144 BPM instead of 146.
- m1 beat 3, a grace note or a flat mordent on one or both of the hands might be nice.
- Missing tie on m13 LH beat 2.5?
- Sounds like there are two eighth-note chords on beat 4 of m18 that could be added to the LH.
- m22 RH beat 1, I get that the first two eighth notes are unbeamed to delineate phrasing, but I think it just looks awkward here since they would be easily beamed regardless (and the staccato makes phrasing clearer). None of the other measures are unbeamed like this either, so I think it would just be best to re-beam this beat back together.
- m23/35 RH beat 2, I think that making the beat a triplet is too rhythm for an ornamentation and places too much emphasis on the Ab, which sounds awkward. I would either write this as a G with a flat mordent, or omit the Ab entirely.
- m28 LH should be an octave lower.
- m31 RH beat 1, the G in the chord should be an A.
- I would consider adding the chords in m31 to the LH, instead of just using the bassline.
- m39 RH beat 3, I'm not really hearing where the two low E eighth notes are coming from, and I think they interfere with the melodic phrasing here. I would just tie the high E on beat 2.5 to a quarter note on beat 3.
- m39 RH beat 4, there's a low B under the melody (one octave lower than the B on beat 4.5). Obviously that's too far to reach, but you might consider raising the B up an octave and placing it on beat 4 (so the same B would be repeated on beats 4 and 4.5).
- m40 RH, there's also an Eb in the first chord and a D in the second.
- The dynamic markings in m11 and m20 should probably start right on the first beat of the measure, not on beat 1.5.
- For that matter, m11 doesn't sound any softer/less intense to me than m3-10; I personally wouldn't change the dynamics there.
- The mezzo piano marking in m38 could be lowered a little bit to be aligned with the decrescendo in m37, and also so it's more evenly spaced between the staves.
- You might also consider manually flipping the grace note slurs so that they're oriented according to the main note, rather than to the grace note, in places like m4, m8, m11-12, m13-14, etc.
[close]

All of the changes I listed above have been made, except I decided against adding the chords in m31. The following changes have also been made:
- Some more slurs added throughout for phrasing
- Chords in the first half of m18 LH changed to first inversion.
- Slurs flipped downward and manually adjusted in places like m3, m5-7, etc.
- Added a missing E to the melody in m27 (E-F-E-D-C-etc, instead of just E-F-D-C-etc).

It is now accepted.
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

McDucky

Quote from: Static on February 28, 2020, 06:47:20 PM
McDucky - Alchemy Pot
- I really am not fond of the double key signature thing going on here... It doesn't really sound like a polytonic piece (just some very colorful chords), and even if it was, having multiple key signatures is more confusing to read in my opinion.
- That said, if other people think it's really a good idea to have this, I would put the 6 naturals at the beginning of each line where they should appear instead of all that empty space. I'd prefer the entire thing be keyless though...
- The 2nd quarter note in m7 should be split into 2 tied 8th notes to match the 6/8 beaming.
- Because you're switching from compound to simple time, the beginning of the 4/4 bar should have an 8th note=8th note marking to indicate no change in tempo (that the 8th note pulse stays constant).
[close]
I trust your judgement and have removed the key signatures. 
I'm not sure whether (or how) they should be mixed with sharps or not, but I've stuck to flats.

The other two issues should be resolved as well.

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 26, 2020, 05:29:28 PM
Alchemy Pot - McDucky
I've just got one comment: What is the double barline doing at the end of m6? It's not really doing anything and there's another barline the measure after. I'd say it should just be removed.
[close]
Yeah, that wasn't intended at all. Not sure how it happened, but it's gone now.

Static

McDucky - Alchemy Pot
- Looks good, I'd just flatten the tie in m7-8, it's a little too round compared to the other ties.
[close]

Libera - Hungry March
Delicious.
[close]

Libera's Awakening and Fates sheets look good too, but I'll let msf take a look as well since he checked them too...

Edit: I'm approving Fantastical Feast.

mastersuperfan

Agh! Won goph in mah mouph! Blech! Ptooey! (Fire Emblem Awakening) - Libera
Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 12, 2020, 01:36:48 PM- Parentheses in the wrong octave for the G on m13/17 RH beat 4?
Hmm, I'm still seeing this. Perhaps it's just an error that happens when importing into v26?

The only other thing I have to say is that the parentheses and the flat are clashing on m19 beat 4, so the flat could be moved a little to the left.
[close]

Libera

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 29, 2020, 05:12:06 PMHmm, I'm still seeing this. Perhaps it's just an error that happens when importing into v26?

The only other thing I have to say is that the parentheses and the flat are clashing on m19 beat 4, so the flat could be moved a little to the left.

I don't see these.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Libera on February 29, 2020, 05:14:34 PMI don't see these.

Hmm, just v26 things, I guess. In that case, accepted!

Fantastical Feast (Fire Emblem Fates) - Libera
- The RH chord at the end of m24 has both a C# and a Db, which are the same note.
- I'd move the pedal lift under m33 up close to the staff; I got confused at first because I thought it was placed on top of m35, rather than at the bottom of m33.
- You might consider a double barline at the end of m24, and/or at the end of m32.
[close]

Radiak488417

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 21, 2020, 10:25:53 PMm8 m10 LH: Dyad at beat 2.5 should have an A# added on top.
ACK I meant measure 10! Hate to be this nitpicky but I'm sure it's there.  Also, Latios, I'm not sure if you saw what I said about the LH high B# in measure 8 but I really can't hear it at all. (Hope this feedback is okay even though it's accepted already...)

Libera

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 29, 2020, 05:23:28 PM- I'd move the pedal lift under m33 up close to the staff; I got confused at first because I thought it was placed on top of m35, rather than at the bottom of m33.

I don't really see how this could be confusing.  I moved it up a little anyway, but I think it's fine.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 29, 2020, 05:23:28 PM- You might consider a double barline at the end of m24, and/or at the end of m32.

Ok, sure.