News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Food/Cooking Update

Started by Libera, January 26, 2020, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Under the Rotting Pizza (Final Fantasy VII) has been accepted.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Radiak488417

Time for Dessert!
Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 09, 2020, 02:47:34 PM
  • m6 LH: The A# at beat 2.5 should be a G#-A# dyad.
  • m8 LH: Dyad at beat 2.5 should have an A# added on top.
  • m21: It's really hard to hear, but there's a chord in the RH on beat 4.5—sounds like an F# major triad (F#, A#, C#).
  • m22: In the RH, the B# on beat 4.5 should have an F# below it.

I'm still hearing these things, if someone else could weigh in on these it'd be appreciated. Also, at measure 8, beat 1 I'm not hearing that upper B# in the LH. Looks great otherwise!
[close]

Maelstrom

With that, Static's Funny Funny has been accepted

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Latios212 on February 19, 2020, 05:46:30 PM
K.K. Gumbo - Th3Gavst3r
- I'd suggest putting the RH in bass clef when it gets low (for instance, most of the first page).
- The "2." for the second ending in m. 27 is a bit far to the right.
[close]
Moved most of page 1 and 3 to bass clef, it definitely helps with those extra low notes. Also adjusted the second ending's spacing.

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 19, 2020, 06:03:15 PM
K.K. Gumbo - Gav
Piggybacking on what lat said, I agree and would also recommend not beaming over rests. Going bass clef might solve your beaming woes, however. Up to you on this one I guess.
[close]
I do think moving things to bass clef helped a lot. I did split a few beams in the LH at bars 46, 48, 50, and 54. Let me know what you think.

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on January 31, 2020, 09:02:20 PM[GCN] Animal Crossing

K.K. Gumbo
[musx]

mastersuperfan

Large Fry Cook-Off (Wario Land: Shake It!) - Static
- If you want to keep the time signature as 4/4, I would suggest adding (half note = 135) to the end of the tempo marking for the sake of metronome usage.
- The forte in m37 could be moved a little bit down and to the right.
- m55 RH beat 2 should probably be staccato'd instead of slurred.
[close]

Teatime Joy (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) - Latios212
This sounds like what you get when you cross My Sims and Kirby's Epic Yarn.
- Courtesy natural on the G in m28 LH?
- I'm guessing you omitted the LH in m13/30 to avoid voice crossing on beat 2, but I think it feels a little empty compared to the original. If not in the original register, then maybe include it an octave down? That said, you have voice crossing happening at lots of other places, so I don't see why it wouldn't be fine in the original register. I would just like those notes to be there somehow.
- Since you made m8 RH beat 2 a dyad, you might consider doing the same for RH beat 2 of m18, m25, and m34. (A G added to beat 2 of m34 sounds quite nice imo.)
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

Gav's K.K. Gumbo is now accepted

Alchemy Pot - McDucky
I've just got one comment: What is the double barline doing at the end of m6? It's not really doing anything and there's another barline the measure after. I'd say it should just be removed.
[close]

Sebastian's Honey B's Hive has been accepted

Static's Groovy Disco has been approved

Static

Static - Large Fry Cook-Off (Wario Land: Shake It!)
Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 23, 2020, 06:51:12 PM- If you want to keep the time signature as 4/4, I would suggest adding (half note = 135) to the end of the tempo marking for the sake of metronome usage.
- The forte in m37 could be moved a little bit down and to the right.
- m55 RH beat 2 should probably be staccato'd instead of slurred.
- All has been taken care of.
[close]

LeviR.star - Cappy's Stage (Stage 1)
- Levi brought up an issue with the grace note in m8, it shouldn't be there. So the new file has it removed.
[close]

McDucky - Alchemy Pot
- I really am not fond of the double key signature thing going on here... It doesn't really sound like a polytonic piece (just some very colorful chords), and even if it was, having multiple key signatures is more confusing to read in my opinion.
- That said, if other people think it's really a good idea to have this, I would put the 6 naturals at the beginning of each line where they should appear instead of all that empty space. I'd prefer the entire thing be keyless though...
- The 2nd quarter note in m7 should be split into 2 tied 8th notes to match the 6/8 beaming.
- Because you're switching from compound to simple time, the beginning of the 4/4 bar should have an 8th note=8th note marking to indicate no change in tempo (that the 8th note pulse stays constant).
[close]

mastersuperfan

Large Fry Cook-Off (Wario Land: Shake It!) - Static
Accepted.
[close]

Proudly Serving Fondue, Bon Appétit ~ Ingredient Selection! (Monster Hunter Generations) - Th3Gavst3r
Accepted.
[close]

Strawberry Crisis!! (Touhou 3: Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream) - Maelstrom
- On m46 LH beat 3, you have the B in both Layer 1 and Layer 2, which is inconsistent with how you notated the rest of m46-50 LH (omitting notes from Layer 1 when both voices play the same note). You also do the same thing on m58 beat 2.5. I think either notation is fine but it should be consistent.
- m57-60 LH should be an octave lower (which might warrant re-separating the hands into different staves if you were to use an 8vb for the LH).
- m57 RH beat 2.5, the F# should be an E.
- m59 RH beat 1.5 Layer 2 should be a C# instead of a B (minor second between C# and D).
- m59 RH, second half: The F# is a quarter note that belongs to Layer 1, while the G in Layer 2 remains tied. Layer 1 should be two quarter notes (A#, F#), while Layer 2 should be (dotted eighth)-(sixteenth tied to eighth)-(eighth) (F#-G-A#).
- m62-80 LH is an octave lower in the original—was this an intentional change to keep the whole notes in the same register from m81 onward?
- You might consider a "poco a poco cresc." from m66-80, or from m74-80.
- Missing tie on the whole notes in m96-97 LH?
- Slightly bothers me that your dynamic markings are always closer to the RH staff than to the LH staff, instead of being vertically aligned...
[close]

Maple Treeway (Mario Kart Wii) - Sebastian
- Tempo should be 144 BPM instead of 146.
- m1 beat 3, a grace note or a flat mordent on one or both of the hands might be nice.
- Missing tie on m13 LH beat 2.5?
- Sounds like there are two eighth-note chords on beat 4 of m18 that could be added to the LH.
- m22 RH beat 1, I get that the first two eighth notes are unbeamed to delineate phrasing, but I think it just looks awkward here since they would be easily beamed regardless (and the staccato makes phrasing clearer). None of the other measures are unbeamed like this either, so I think it would just be best to re-beam this beat back together.
- m23/35 RH beat 2, I think that making the beat a triplet is too rhythm for an ornamentation and places too much emphasis on the Ab, which sounds awkward. I would either write this as a G with a flat mordent, or omit the Ab entirely.
- m28 LH should be an octave lower.
- m31 RH beat 1, the G in the chord should be an A.
- I would consider adding the chords in m31 to the LH, instead of just using the bassline.
- m39 RH beat 3, I'm not really hearing where the two low E eighth notes are coming from, and I think they interfere with the melodic phrasing here. I would just tie the high E on beat 2.5 to a quarter note on beat 3.
- m39 RH beat 4, there's a low B under the melody (one octave lower than the B on beat 4.5). Obviously that's too far to reach, but you might consider raising the B up an octave and placing it on beat 4 (so the same B would be repeated on beats 4 and 4.5).
- m40 RH, there's also an Eb in the first chord and a D in the second.
- The dynamic markings in m11 and m20 should probably start right on the first beat of the measure, not on beat 1.5.
- For that matter, m11 doesn't sound any softer/less intense to me than m3-10; I personally wouldn't change the dynamics there.
- The mezzo piano marking in m38 could be lowered a little bit to be aligned with the decrescendo in m37, and also so it's more evenly spaced between the staves.
- You might also consider manually flipping the grace note slurs so that they're oriented according to the main note, rather than to the grace note, in places like m4, m8, m11-12, m13-14, etc.
[close]

EDIT: Wanted to chime in on this:

Quote from: Static on February 28, 2020, 06:47:20 PMMcDucky - Alchemy Pot
- I really am not fond of the double key signature thing going on here... It doesn't really sound like a polytonic piece (just some very colorful chords), and even if it was, having multiple key signatures is more confusing to read in my opinion.
- That said, if other people think it's really a good idea to have this, I would put the 6 naturals at the beginning of each line where they should appear instead of all that empty space. I'd prefer the entire thing be keyless though...

I agree with Static here—it's mentally confusing to have to keep track of two different keys at once (ever try drawing different things with each hand at the same time?), and I think it would be a lot easier just to read the accidentals right off the notes themselves. IMO the current notation is only beneficial for split-brain people, lol.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 23, 2020, 06:51:12 PM
Teatime Joy (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) - Latios212
This sounds like what you get when you cross My Sims and Kirby's Epic Yarn.
- Courtesy natural on the G in m28 LH?
- I'm guessing you omitted the LH in m13/30 to avoid voice crossing on beat 2, but I think it feels a little empty compared to the original. If not in the original register, then maybe include it an octave down? That said, you have voice crossing happening at lots of other places, so I don't see why it wouldn't be fine in the original register. I would just like those notes to be there somehow.
- Since you made m8 RH beat 2 a dyad, you might consider doing the same for RH beat 2 of m18, m25, and m34. (A G added to beat 2 of m34 sounds quite nice imo.)
[close]
- Nah, don't think it's too necessary since the keysig is clear of accidentals here so every measure is a mental reset of accidentals.
- I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I really wanted to use pedal on that triplet descent and didn't think including those notes played well with the RH part, so I opted to omit them. If you have any specific suggestions, though, let me know :P
- Oops... I thought I had edited this in when I responded to Libera here. I added the C in m. 25 just like m. 8. In m. 34 I added a C instead of doubling the G to outline the Gsus chord.In m. 17 though I think adding another note (C) would interfere with the melody line a bit much, so I left that as is.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 21, 2020, 07:57:13 PM
Peronza Plaza (Super Mario Odyssey) - Latios212
- There are pickup notes to beat 1 of m2 LH (two 16th notes: C# and D#, at the end of m1).
- To me, the B on m12 RH beat 1 doesn't sound like it works super well. Since it doesn't actually seem to be from the original, I would suggest either changing it to a G#, an E (octave below top note), or just omit the second note entirely.
- You might consider moving the 8th notes in m12-13 to the LH and using the RH to incorporate the high ascending part there.
- In the original RH harmonies, there's a C# on beat 4 of m20 and an E on beat 1 of m21 (doubles the melody an octave down). You might consider adding them for extra emphasis on these notes (like in the original).
- m23 RH beat 2.75 should be a D# instead of an E.
- Beat 4 of m28 LH should be a G# instead of a B.
- Maybe this is just v26 being weird, but for me, the staccato on beat 2 of m31 RH is above the stem rather than below the notehead.
- You might consider a courtesy B natural in m35.
- DID YOU KNOW? The tempo is actually 115 BPM instead of 116.
[close]
- Dang I caught those at the end but forgot them at the beginning. Added :P
- Ah yeah, G# does sound better. Changed that!
- Static mentioned this in an earlier post too, but I think I'd rather keep it as is.
- Sure, that sounds good
- >< big mistake
- Yup, fixed
- It's below for me...
- Nah, since the LH makes it pretty clear this is a B chord
- okay :P

Thanks for checking, I've updated the files for the above ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Rubikium - Meringue Clouds
Quote from: Rubikium on February 18, 2020, 03:29:10 AMUpdated files (ver02)

- Accepting the changes and the suggestion.

- Notes added
Sorry I missed this, I'll accept now.
[close]

Latios212

Rubikium - Time for Dessert!
Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 21, 2020, 10:25:53 PM
 Time for Dessert!
Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 09, 2020, 02:47:34 PM
  • m6 LH: The A# at beat 2.5 should be a G#-A# dyad.
  • m8 LH: Dyad at beat 2.5 should have an A# added on top.
  • m21: It's really hard to hear, but there's a chord in the RH on beat 4.5—sounds like an F# major triad (F#, A#, C#).
  • m22: In the RH, the B# on beat 4.5 should have an F# below it.

I'm still hearing these things, if someone else could weigh in on these it'd be appreciated. Also, at measure 8, beat 1 I'm not hearing that upper B# in the LH. Looks great otherwise!
[close]
- It's already written in the sheet (the G# is in the RH)
- I'm hearing it as written, as a dyad that does not have the A# doubled
- The E (minor seventh) is there. But I do agree that it sounds like there's an A# here as well
- Yup, that's right

Besides the above, the dyad in m. 18 should be F#-E, not F#-D#.

Rubikium, I edited the files with the above as well as some formatting fixes (mostly the margins and text box alignment but also adjusting the cross-staff beam angle in m. 15). If this looks good to you I'll accept :)
[close]

Static - Florence's Groovy Disco
- I'd recommend flipping the tie in m. 5 up (away from the lower note)
- I know the repeat structure is explained at the beginning, but I think it would be good to have a repeat sign at the end of the piece instead of an end barline.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on February 29, 2020, 11:07:46 AM- I'd recommend flipping the tie in m. 5 up (away from the lower note)
- I know the repeat structure is explained at the beginning, but I think it would be good to have a repeat sign at the end of the piece instead of an end barline.
Done and done.
[close]

Sebastian - Cooking with Zess T.
- Discussed the E in m15 with Latios, we decided it would be best to leave it out even if it is there to match the surrounding measures and because the E comes right on the next 8th note. I'll be approving this one.
[close]

Latios212

Quote from: Static on February 29, 2020, 11:19:25 AM
Done and done.
[close]

Sebastian - Cooking with Zess T.
- Discussed the E in m15 with Latios, we decided it would be best to leave it out even if it is there to match the surrounding measures and because the E comes right on the next 8th note. I'll be approving this one.
[close]
have an accept

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Teatime Joy (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) - Latios
Approved.
[close]

Peronza Plaza (Super Mario Odyssey) - Latios
The only other suggestion I have would be to explicitly write out the grace notes in m1 as a sixteenth-note triplet (RH) and a sixteenth-note pair (LH). These notes here have a more clear cut rhythm that's easy to write out compared to the other grace notes in this sheet, and they feel less like ornamentations and more like part of the actual line to me. (The rhythm of the LH grace notes is different in m1 and m37, for instance, but the sheet doesn't denote that right now.)
[close]

Rubikium

Quote from: Latios212 on February 29, 2020, 11:07:46 AM
Rubikium - Time for Dessert!
Rubikium, I edited the files with the above as well as some formatting fixes (mostly the margins and text box alignment but also adjusting the cross-staff beam angle in m. 15). If this looks good to you I'll accept :)
[close]
Other than the possibly misplaced accent on beat 3.5 in m.14, the sheet seems fine to me.