Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Oil Ocean Zone
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Also, I just realized that this game's console is set to Game Gear right now? Can we please change it to Genesis?

mastersuperfan

I love this track's bassline so much.

- m1 RH second half, the D should be a dotted quarter followed by two D sixteenth notes on beat 4.5.
- You have a hidden 8vb at the end of m3 for playback, but those notes are actually in the correct octave as written (which is, I assume, why you only started the "Play L.H. one octave lower than written" at m4). You might instead consider starting an "8vb sempre" at the end of m3 and writing those sixteenth notes an octave higher to remove any ambiguity about those two notes, but I think it's also fine as is.
- m21 RH beat 1, the eighth rest in Layer 1 is clashing with the eighth note in Layer 2.
- Missing quarter rest on beat 4 of m12 RH Layer 2.
- Overall, you might consider lowering all the Layer 2 rests a little bit, since they get pretty close to Layer 1 at some points (m8, m16, m18, etc.). I also just don't like rests that are barely touching (or close to barely touching) the staves in the first place.

I think that's all I have. Great sheet.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 21, 2020, 01:35:16 PM- You have a hidden 8vb at the end of m3 for playback, but those notes are actually in the correct octave as written (which is, I assume, why you only started the "Play L.H. one octave lower than written" at m4). You might instead consider starting an "8vb sempre" at the end of m3 and writing those sixteenth notes an octave higher to remove any ambiguity about those two notes, but I think it's also fine as is.
I'm not sure what I was thinking there. I've taken out the 8vb in m.3 and left everything else as-is. (I also fixed everything else you mentioned.

Also added some slurs to m.1-3 to contrast with the main section of the song. Again, I'm not great with slurs, so let me know there's anything I need to change.

mastersuperfan

Nice.

- You might consider changing the quarter notes in the LH to eighth notes to replicate the original. I figured the quarter notes were a stylistic choice, but I thought I'd at least mention it.

- The first slur in the RH looks a little, er... lopsided? I assumed you adjusted it a bit so that it wasn't too close to the beam on the right. Perhaps you could adjust it so that it's more rounded and symmetrical? i.e.:
Spoiler
[close]

- I think the second and third slurs in the RH could be combined into a single slur; that sounds more like one continuous line to me.
- The first LH slur should include the tied note at the beginning of m2.
- Perhaps combine the second and third LH slurs as well? I think it's technically okay to have slurs ending and starting on the same note but IMO it's a bit ambiguous and is complicating the phrasing more than it needs to.

(Also, console has been changed to Genesis as requested.)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 22, 2020, 09:42:50 PM- You might consider changing the quarter notes in the LH to eighth notes to replicate the original. I figured the quarter notes were a stylistic choice, but I thought I'd at least mention it.
Sounds more like eighth notes to me. Probably doesn't matter. Everything else is fixed.

mastersuperfan

Well, now I think that the first slur could be flattened a tiny bit, but then this is just me being overly nitpicky. So, I approve.

Libera

If you're adding slurs, I'd say a nice place for one is that final run in the last bar.  But yeah this sheet looks good to me.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Libera on April 10, 2020, 12:22:31 PMIf you're adding slurs, I'd say a nice place for one is that final run in the last bar.  But yeah this sheet looks good to me.
Done.

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot