News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

LeviR.star's Replacements

Started by LeviR.star, May 31, 2020, 10:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Dr. Wily Stage 2 - Mega Man

My one suggestion is to increase the space between the staves in each system. Things get pretty close to each other in m1-4 and m11-12, especially since the RH goes so low, so it'd be nice to have a bit more room.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 10, 2020, 05:18:49 PMDr. Wily Stage 2 - Mega Man

My one suggestion is to increase the space between the staves in each system. Things get pretty close to each other in m1-4 and m11-12, especially since the RH goes so low, so it'd be nice to have a bit more room.

- good thinking! It still isn't wide enough to fit in the mezzo-forte at the beginning, but 1.1" should work, right?

File for "Dr. Wily Stage 2" has been updated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Dr. Wily Stage 2 - Mega Man
accepted

Dr. Wily Stage Boss - Mega Man
approved

Game Over - Mega Man
- I think this would work better in C# minor rather than Db major. It seems like the track is in a minor key with just a major chord at the end, and C# minor reduces the number of accidentals involved.
- You might also consider writing out a chromatic run in the LH in m1, since there's no clear indication of how the current glissando should be played or how high it should go.

Dr. Wily Stage - Mega Man 5
- Did you want to add a staccato to beat 4.5 of m3 LH? (The eighth note is actually two 16th notes but a staccato'd 8th note is good too, if you want to simplify it like you've done in subsequent LH measures.)
...That's about it, I think. Everything else looks great.

Stage Select - Mega Man 6
- I assumed you simplified RH Layer 2 m5 and m7 to avoid playing fast sixteenth dyads, but here's a suggestion I would make to keep it playable but have it more closely resemble the original:

Alternatively, you could add the Layer 2 sixteenths on beat 4.5, and then parenthesize the second sixteenth note so that players who find that too challenging can skip it.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

Dr. Wily Stage Boss
- In the LH, all Dbs should be C#s (A7 chords), and Gbs should be F#s (D7)
- Cbs should also be B naturals (B7b5)

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 11, 2020, 12:59:01 PMGame Over - Mega Man
- I think this would work better in C# minor rather than Db major. It seems like the track is in a minor key with just a major chord at the end, and C# minor reduces the number of accidentals involved.
- You might also consider writing out a chromatic run in the LH in m1, since there's no clear indication of how the current glissando should be played or how high it should go.

- Did you want to add a staccato to beat 4.5 of m3 LH? (The eighth note is actually two 16th notes but a staccato'd 8th note is good too, if you want to simplify it like you've done in subsequent LH measures.)
...That's about it, I think. Everything else looks great.

- I assumed you simplified RH Layer 2 m5 and m7 to avoid playing fast sixteenth dyads, but here's a suggestion I would make to keep it playable but have it more closely resemble the original:
(Images)

[close]
Alternatively, you could add the Layer 2 sixteenths on beat 4.5, and then parenthesize the second sixteenth note so that players who find that too challenging can skip it.

- you know what, that's a fine idea. I wish I'd thought of that, but the major chord at the end must've thrown me off
- the notation of the glissando was made unspecific to simplify things a bit. The MIDI of this sheet is accurate (so that performers may consult it if they so choose), but I don't think the 32nd note climb up to C#4 would be worth stretching out the first measure for

- I can never keep track of whether or not I use staccato'd 8ths to substitute pairs of 16ths, but I'd be fine with making that note shorter

- a fine set of suggestions! I'll be more than happy to change both of those aspects

Quote from: Static on July 11, 2020, 01:10:56 PMDr. Wily Stage Boss
- In the LH, all Dbs should be C#s (A7 chords), and Gbs should be F#s (D7)
- Cbs should also be B naturals (B7b5)

- if you'll be fine with the extra courtesy accidentals, then I'm okay with re-writing those notes

Files for "Game Over (MM1)", "Dr. Wily Stage (MM5)", "Stage Select (MM6)", and "Dr. Wily Stage Boss (MM1)" have been updated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Good point about the glissando; I didn't think about how that would throw off the spacing.

Game Over - Mega Man

All of these are approved.

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 11, 2020, 02:04:47 PM- if you'll be fine with the extra courtesy accidentals, then I'm okay with re-writing those notes
Yep, looks great. I'll accept.

Latios212

Game Over - Mega Man
Nothing to add for these, accepted :)

- Usually I'm not much of a stickler on this, but here I would recommend cutting the beams between beats 1/2 and 3/4 if the rhythm isn't all eighth notes - so here m. 13, 14, 19, 32, and to a lesser extent 24 and 32-34 as well. My reasoning at least is that most of the LH parts are split up into the 4 beats due to the rhythm and it looks a bit weird to beam the right hand together on top of that.
- In measure 29, cross-staffing might be preferable since the RH can easily take some of the notes particularly in the latter half of the measure.
(Just a side comment, if I were arranging this myself, I would write the 16th note runs in the RH so that the LH can still be preserved in the case that the performer doesn't feel comfortable tackling the runs at speed especially with the LH. But the way you wrote it is perfectly valid too :P)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on July 23, 2020, 05:28:20 PMDr. Wily Stage - Mega Man 5
- Usually I'm not much of a stickler on this, but here I would recommend cutting the beams between beats 1/2 and 3/4 if the rhythm isn't all eighth notes - so here m. 13, 14, 19, 32, and to a lesser extent 24 and 32-34 as well. My reasoning at least is that most of the LH parts are split up into the 4 beats due to the rhythm and it looks a bit weird to beam the right hand together on top of that.
- In measure 29, cross-staffing might be preferable since the RH can easily take some of the notes particularly in the latter half of the measure.
(Just a side comment, if I were arranging this myself, I would write the 16th note runs in the RH so that the LH can still be preserved in the case that the performer doesn't feel comfortable tackling the runs at speed especially with the LH. But the way you wrote it is perfectly valid too :P)

- that's fair. I'll change all of those spots

- could you please make that change for me? My Finale is having problems with cross-staving at the moment

- I think I need a second opinion on this. Runs like this one can be found in several spots, and while I get what you're saying, I would like the sheet's difficulty to remain consistent throughout

File for "Dr. Wily Stage (MM5)" has been updated.

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 09, 2020, 08:07:25 PM- I think I need a second opinion on this. Runs like this one can be found in several spots, and while I get what you're saying, I would like the sheet's difficulty to remain consistent throughout
Nah you're good, we can leave it as is, just wanted to offer my opinion :P

Got the cross-staving for you as well as a few other super minor things - broke the beaming in m. 3 that I forgot to point out before, reset the normal beam height of the top part in m. 13 beat 3, and flipped the RH of beat 4 in m. 32 down.

Accepting!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Music from Dig Dug
- The only thing I have to say for this one is that you should line up those LH notes with the triplets in "Initial Entry", since it's swung.

Elec Man Stage
- Looks great!

Latios212

Music from Dig Dug

Aside from this...
Quote from: Static on September 06, 2020, 11:51:18 AM- The only thing I have to say for this one is that you should line up those LH notes with the triplets in "Initial Entry", since it's swung.

Game Start - what is this, Super Mario Bros. 3 I think the tie at the end of m. 6 in Game Start may look better facing downwards
Movement - m. 4 and 8 should be consistent with a courtesy An in the LH. You may also want to consider a courtesy D natural in m. 7 RH.
One Enemy Remaining - second RH note should be G instead of E
Time Warning - courtesy An in the RH for m. 3 would be good
Highest Score - should this one repeat? (If so, needs the pick-up notes at the end and forward repeat bar after the pickup at the beginning)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on September 06, 2020, 11:51:18 AMMusic from Dig Dug
- The only thing I have to say for this one is that you should line up those LH notes with the triplets in "Initial Entry", since it's swung.

Quote from: Latios212 on December 12, 2020, 03:09:49 PMGame Start - what is this, Super Mario Bros. 3 I think the tie at the end of m. 6 in Game Start may look better facing downwards
Movement - m. 4 and 8 should be consistent with a courtesy An in the LH. You may also want to consider a courtesy D natural in m. 7 RH.
One Enemy Remaining - second RH note should be G instead of E
Time Warning - courtesy An in the RH for m. 3 would be good
Highest Score - should this one repeat? (If so, needs the pick-up notes at the end and forward repeat bar after the pickup at the beginning)

Did all of this, and updated the file.

Quote from: Latios212 on December 12, 2020, 03:09:49 PMHighest Score - should this one repeat? (If so, needs the pick-up notes at the end and forward repeat bar after the pickup at the beginning)

No, it doesn't repeat. It continues on with the "Initial Entry" theme right afterwards.

Libera

Elec Man Stage

-The midi playback has the A at the end of bar 4 being a natural (as it should be), but there's no natural sign on it.
-I think you might not like doing this in general, but double barline on the segno?

The fact that the first bar of the loop is cut out of the repeat isn't particularly nice but I guess you've got the problem of the B and D# only being played when you take the D.S rather than the normal repeat which might be a little confusing to write down.  It'd be nice to get rid of it but I don't have any particularly good ideas so I'm happy for it to stay.

Latios212

Music from Dig Dug
Quote from: LeviR.star on December 15, 2020, 01:34:21 PM
Quote from: Static on September 06, 2020, 11:51:18 AM- The only thing I have to say for this one is that you should line up those LH notes with the triplets in "Initial Entry", since it's swung.
Quote from: Latios212 on December 12, 2020, 03:09:49 PM(stuff)
Did all of this, and updated the file.
Awesome. I'm taking Static's implicit approval and moving this one to accepted

Spoiler
[close]
turtle