Rate the Game - Nominations and Comments

Started by kotorfanboy, August 11, 2008, 05:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotorfanboy

Gah! I remember Jake did that to me when he was like 4, but it still doesnt change the fact that I was like one star away from facing bowser in super mario 64, quite the achievement for a 7 year old.

Gooch

On that same subject, does it seem to anyone else that we beat video games much quicker and more efficiently as little kids versus now? I remember being a beast at Mario Kart 64, always scoring first place in the 150cc cup. Well, i occasionally go back and play it...i fail miserably. I also remember doing multiple-consecutive run-throughs of Super Mario Bros. I get it on VC and the first thing i do is fall down a hole on world 1-2.

kotorfanboy

For some games. For like single-player stuff (zelda, super mario 64, that sort of stuff) I find myself much better this time around. However, competitive things and multiplayer matches (like mario kart), I do find myself not as good as before. I remember someone telling me that kids learn to pick up multiplayer techniques and strategies better than when they are older, just like how they learn faster when they are younger.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Gooch on August 24, 2008, 07:23:37 PMOn that same subject, does it seem to anyone else that we beat video games much quicker and more efficiently as little kids versus now? I remember being a beast at Mario Kart 64, always scoring first place in the 150cc cup. Well, i occasionally go back and play it...i fail miserably. I also remember doing multiple-consecutive run-throughs of Super Mario Bros. I get it on VC and the first thing i do is fall down a hole on world 1-2.

Thats very true. A six year old pwned me with tank on Halo 3 yesterday.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brawler4Ever

Not true for me.  :'(

There's nothing worse than being on the receiving end of my 7-year senior older brother's sniper rifle on 007:Goldeneye...but now it's Halo 3 on which he is feared. He is good, to say as an understatement.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

kotorfanboy

How does his post insinuate he is 10 years old? I believe brawler said somewhere he is a junior in high school

Dude

His brother could be a senior in college...

SuperFireKirby

Didn't think about that...

and I'm still not thinking about it.

Brawler4Ever

Plz edit your post SFK... there's no need for the big gap.

Quote from: kotorfanboy on August 30, 2008, 11:16:39 AMHow does his post insinuate he is 10 years old? I believe brawler said somewhere he is a junior in high school

I don't remember saying that...although it's true.  :o
7 year-senior means that he's 7 years older than me. Just putting that out there for curiosity's sake.  ::)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

kotorfanboy

I think that it was on GMW.
And yea I thought that was what you meant.

SuperFireKirby

Nintendude73

SuperFireKirby

kotorfanboy

Well, let's get back on topic!

So does anybody else out there have nominations?