SlowPokemon's Halloween Sheet - [SWITCH] Luigi's Mansion 3 - "2F: Mezzanine"

Started by SlowPokemon, October 03, 2020, 07:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on October 26, 2020, 09:21:56 AMJust to be crystal clear here - I'm not arguing that A#m is harder to read; I'm arguing that it takes more time to read.

Whoops, you're right. In either case, having both would be beneficial.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

As I said, I do not give permission for my existing arrangement to be transposed. This is ridiculous. The thing is, the reasons you're giving are the same as outright banning arrangements beginning in seven accidental keys—none will ever be accepted if you guys continue upholding these musically conservative opinions. Maybe you're okay with that, but as I said with all due respect, I think it's a disgrace. You guys have really surprised and depressed me here. Sorry to Levi, who said I've been posting "attacks" on the moderators, but if you go back and read all my posts I'm literally just respectfully disagreeing.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Honestly, I'm fine if you don't accept it, this is giving me a lot of anxiety and headache. I made the arrangement, it's done, maybe I can find a spot for it at some point. I can officially withdraw my submission if that would be easier for everyone.

Static

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 26, 2020, 12:36:19 PMAs I said, I do not give permission for my existing arrangement to be transposed. This is ridiculous. The thing is, the reasons you're giving are the same as outright banning arrangements beginning in seven accidental keys—none will ever be accepted if you guys continue upholding these musically conservative opinions. Maybe you're okay with that, but as I said with all due respect, I think it's a disgrace. You guys have really surprised and depressed me here. Sorry to Levi, who said I've been posting "attacks" on the moderators, but if you go back and read all my posts I'm literally just respectfully disagreeing.

Nowhere in this thread did anyone say that you can't use 7-accidental key signatures. We have examples of them already on site like this and this and this.

Look at what all these arrangements have in common - a lack of copious amounts of double accidentals. The key signatures were selected in order to reduce the amount of unnecessary visual clutter in the sheets, which makes them significantly more approachable and enjoyable to read through. It's the same reason why Eb minor might be picked over D# minor in certain cases.

I don't really have anything else to add...

Latios212

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 26, 2020, 12:36:19 PMThe thing is, the reasons you're giving are the same as outright banning arrangements beginning in seven accidental keys—none will ever be accepted if you guys continue upholding these musically conservative opinions. Maybe you're okay with that, but as I said with all due respect, I think it's a disgrace.
I don't have anything to add about this other than what Static just posted. I still think you're misinterpreting our collective stance somehow.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 26, 2020, 12:36:19 PMYou guys have really surprised and depressed me here. Sorry to Levi, who said I've been posting "attacks" on the moderators,
I'm sorry you feel that way. Despite what Levi said, I think this conversation has been civil from both sides...
Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 26, 2020, 12:36:19 PMbut if you go back and read all my posts I'm literally just respectfully disagreeing.
...on the flip side of the coin, so is everyone else. Your opinions are valid, but there's something to be said when everyone else who's commented here disagrees with them.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 26, 2020, 12:52:22 PMHonestly, I'm fine if you don't accept it, this is giving me a lot of anxiety and headache. I made the arrangement, it's done, maybe I can find a spot for it at some point. I can officially withdraw my submission if that would be easier for everyone.
I think we have reached am impasse, so that would probably be best for everyone.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlowPokemon

LeviR.star

I want to clear this up before I leave this thread for good:

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 26, 2020, 12:36:19 PMSorry to Levi, who said I've been posting "attacks" on the moderators, but if you go back and read all my posts I'm literally just respectfully disagreeing.

I've been following. By "attacks", I was referring this comment of yours from earlier:

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 26, 2020, 06:15:01 AMYou know...for musicians you guys are awfully conservative

The way I see it, this was unwarranted, and not as respectful as you may think; attacking the staff's credibility as musicians in such a blunt way like this makes me feel disgusted. They ended up offering to compromise with you, so the least you could have done was not say something so condescending.

Frankly, I'm disappointed to see this sheet won't be accepted after all. All the opposing side wanted was to make the sheet more inviting to less experienced performers to represent the community we are, and you, a college-trained musician, wanted to test your theory knowledge and "challenge yourself", which (in this case) is entirely inconsiderate of the general audience you're providing these sheets for. If there was a primary reason for notating the sheet this way, why didn't you just say so at the beginning? Rather than have us debate key signatures for four pages?

I respect and even envy your skills as a musician, Slow, but I don't understand your motives. Are you arranging for yourself, or for site's visitors hoping someday to play like you?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 26, 2020, 01:57:25 PMThat's fine. Sorry we couldn't reach an understanding.
That's okay. Thanks for the discussion today and closing this one out peacefully. Hopefully we can see eye to eye on other submissions in the future.

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 26, 2020, 02:17:53 PM<snip>
Sorry Levi - not to discount your comments, but unfortunately, I'm going to have to put on my moderator hat and archive this thread now at the wishes of Slow and the staff. I don't think anyone will benefit from further discussion in this topic today.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle