Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby's Adventure
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Butter Building Map
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: BlueKirby

[attachment deleted by admin]

BlueKirby

i've lurked for about 2 years. am i doing this right?

also, formatting is because i'm a musescore user.
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

play len'en and kid icarus uprising

Latios212

Hey, congrats on your first submission! Formatting is really fine for the most part :) and I or others can help with the polish.

Anyway! This sheet should be written in 12/8 instead of 4/4 with all triplets.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BlueKirby

Quote from: Latios212 on October 23, 2020, 03:52:56 PMAnyway! This sheet should be written in 12/8 instead of 4/4 with all triplets.

should be fixed
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

Latios212

Great! Now just for a few more small pieces of feedback:
- The left hand at the end that's currently a quarter-eighth, should be three eighths (Db-Db-Dn)
- Forward repeat bar isn't necessary at the beginning
- I think I'm hearing something a bit closer to 150 as the tempo, which coincidentally might be a little nicer anyway.

Once that's all settled, I'll come and finish up the formatting (not that there is much to do there either) :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Come, let us join forces and complete all of the Kirby's Adventure map themes!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlueKirby

Quote from: Latios212 on October 25, 2020, 05:05:41 PMGreat! Now just for a few more small pieces of feedback:
- The left hand at the end that's currently a quarter-eighth, should be three eighths (Db-Db-Dn)
- Forward repeat bar isn't necessary at the beginning
- I think I'm hearing something a bit closer to 150 as the tempo, which coincidentally might be a little nicer anyway.

should be fixed (with a d-natural at the very end, right?)
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

Latios212

Neato! I updated your file with a few minor formatting touchups including:
- increasing the size of the footer text to 10
- spacing out the composer/arranger info out a but
- giving the header/composer text a bit more space

If this all looks good to you I approve ^^

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BlueKirby

Quote from: Latios212 on October 26, 2020, 06:19:30 PMNeato! I updated your file with a few minor formatting touchups including:
- increasing the size of the footer text to 10
- spacing out the composer/arranger info out a but
- giving the header/composer text a bit more space

If this all looks good to you I approve ^^

looks great
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

Static

Nice sheet, I just have a few things here:
  • Feel free to include the lower harmony in the RH voice - it'll make it harder to play but players can just leave it out if they want. I think it adds a lot to the sound of the piece.
  • This is technically in Eb major, so the key signature should be 3 flats rather than 4.
  • The third-to-last 8th note in m4 LH should be one octave higher.
  • The left side of the tempo marking should be aligned with the left side of the time signature.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on October 26, 2020, 07:17:41 PM
  • Feel free to include the lower harmony in the RH voice - it'll make it harder to play but players can just leave it out if they want. I think it adds a lot to the sound of the piece.

In addition - Blue can always make the lower notes small if it's decided to leave it up to the player.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 26, 2020, 07:49:37 PMIn addition - Blue can always make the lower notes small if it's decided to leave it up to the player.
I would prefer if we didn't do this, since that would make the lower notes harder to read. Just playing the top notes is as easy (to read) a simplification there can be, and we can clarify in a performance note if we don't think it's clear enough :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BlueKirby

Quote from: Static on October 26, 2020, 07:17:41 PMNice sheet, I just have a few things here:
  • This is technically in Eb major, so the key signature should be 3 flats rather than 4.
  • The third-to-last 8th note in m4 LH should be one octave higher.
  • The left side of the tempo marking should be aligned with the left side of the time signature.

for the first one, i agree that it wouldn't make sense to put it in and it should be kept simple. i also don't hear it that well. (but then again, my hearing is terrible lol)

fixed the second one.

don't hear it as such on the third one.

am too incompetent don't know to fix the last one (in notepad, at least)
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

Static

Quote from: BlueKirby on November 09, 2020, 09:32:53 AMfor the first one, i agree that it wouldn't make sense to put it in and it should be kept simple. i also don't hear it that well.
I'm guessing you mean you disagree? It's fine to leave it out, but I think adding it in might be beneficial so that players could play it if they wish - and could leave it out as well if it's too challenging. It just gives people some more options. If you want to add the other voice I can help you out with the notes, most of them are just a 3rd below the top voice. Up to you though, don't feel like you have to.

Quote from: BlueKirby on November 09, 2020, 09:32:53 AMdon't hear it as such on the third one.
I still hear that note an octave up. I've listened to multiple recordings and isolated the channel in an emulator and it sounds pretty clear to me.

Quote from: BlueKirby on November 09, 2020, 09:32:53 AMdon't know to fix the last one (in notepad, at least)
Fixed it for you; you can find the file here
(I also made a few other formatting adjustments, including spacing and copyright info size)

Latios212

Quote from: Static on November 11, 2020, 02:44:43 PMI still hear that note an octave up. I've listened to multiple recordings and isolated the channel in an emulator and it sounds pretty clear to me.
It's subtle, but Static's right. (Also I missed earlier that this sheet needs measure numbers - we can edit that in for you later)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle