Series: Other
Game: Niji no Silkroad
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Persia
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Jacopo Tore & Andrea Licheri

[attachment deleted by admin]

JacopoDog

Could you please use my real name for the arrangement? (Andrea Licheri)
Thanks

Latios212

Quote from: JacopoDog on March 04, 2021, 03:16:59 PMCould you please use my real name for the arrangement? (Andrea Licheri)
Thanks
Same as in this sheet? I'll take care of it after you confirm.

Additionally, what's the source for this piece and do you have a proper track name?

JacopoTore, as a side note, I notice that you currently have four submissions with your name on them. While a couple extra over the submission limit of two is fine due to collaborations, we kindly ask that you not submit any more this round in the interest of fairness to others.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Yes it is, thanks.

It is a problem that I upload some arrangements with my students?
They work hard for music and for this site, they are accumulating transcriptions which is important for their self-esteem to be uploaded to this site, so they can work on other scores continuously.
I wish this process doesn't stop, is there anything i can do to help you make sure this doesn't happen?

I am continuously available to modify the scores according to your precious advice and suggestions.
I hope you are reasonable towards my requests and the (so important) work of my students.
Greetings

LeviR.star

Quote from: JacopoTore on March 05, 2021, 08:45:08 AMIt is a problem that I upload some arrangements with my students?
They work hard for music and for this site, they are accumulating transcriptions which is important for their self-esteem to be uploaded to this site, so they can work on other scores continuously.

This wouldn't be a problem if they uploaded their scores by themselves, but from the way I understand it, your country's laws would not permit this.

You need to keep in mind that the staff that processes the arrangements works just as hard as your students, if not harder. I'd venture to say you're demanding more effort out of people like Latios when you ask them to find proper titles for songs that you don't know the context of. Why should it be their job? The issue isn't that this music is exceptionally obscure, it's the fact that you cherry-pick these tracks from Zophar's Domain because they're obscure. Why is that? Can you not rely on your students' integrity? Please explain this.

The motivation behind these sheets is certainly unconventional, but if I had any say in it, I'd decide that if you want to call these "joint arrangements", you need to put more effort into finding where these songs originate from. For the very last time, this is not NSM's job, and to assume otherwise is taking advantage of a volunteer-based staff.

Aside from this, I have no issue with you submitting up to four sheets at once, as long as they're your pupils'.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Fixed the arranger information!

Quote from: JacopoTore on March 05, 2021, 08:45:08 AMIt is a problem that I upload some arrangements with my students?
I wish this process doesn't stop, is there anything i can do to help you make sure this doesn't happen?

I am continuously available to modify the scores according to your precious advice and suggestions.
I hope you are reasonable towards my requests and the (so important) work of my students.
Greetings
It's not a problem that you and your students are submitting transcriptions to the site. As I have mentioned above, we want to prevent an excessive number of submissions with any one person listed as an arranger. If they are submitting sheets themselves, great! They can submit two sheets per person. But having many submissions with your name on all of them would be unfair to everyone else who is sticking to the limit of two (plus potentially a couple more if they're collaborations) of their own arrangements.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

This is not entirely correct, the law allows it if the parents (or whoever takes their place) agree. In fact, I taught some of them to subscribe to the site and upload the scores (hoping that one day they can do it entirely by themselves).

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 05, 2021, 09:04:17 AMYou need to keep in mind that the staff that processes the arrangements works just as hard as your students, if not harder. I'd venture to say you're demanding more effort out of people like Latios when you ask them to find proper titles for songs that you don't know the context of. Why should it be their job? The issue isn't that this music is exceptionally obscure, it's the fact that you cherry-pick these tracks from Zophar's Domain because they're obscure. Why is that? Can you not rely on your students' integrity? Please explain this.

I really do not understand this, I'm sorry.

What I try to do in this case is to allow you to check the notes and the graphic layout, while I take the time to look for other information on the videogame! Since it takes hard work to verify the score and this takes a long time, doing so the times are shortened and when it comes to changing (as a last thing for example) only the title, I can do it quickly and the score would be approved quickly , in this way one of the communications would be closed in a short time! Also for this I don't upload the scores until they are completely finished (sometimes I miss some details and I apologize for this); what I can do is definitely look for more information on videogames and I will do it while you verify that the score can be published, but please allow my students to upload the fruit of their work; this is very important.

Latios212

Quote from: JacopoTore on March 06, 2021, 06:30:42 AMI really do not understand this, I'm sorry.
What Levi is requesting (that I agree with) is that you do this research beforehand and provide the game/track information when the sheet is first submitted.

It's most efficient to check the entire sheet at once, which includes both the musical aspects and correctness of information - as such, not having the right game and track title means the submission is incomplete and the correct data has to be verified and entered later. Please be considerate and provide this information upfront :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on March 06, 2021, 05:04:05 PMWhat Levi is requesting (that I agree with) is that you do this research beforehand and provide the game/track information when the sheet is first submitted.
Quote from: JacopoTore on March 08, 2021, 08:52:01 AMOk Latios will be done.
Thanks for your understanding
Any luck?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on May 31, 2021, 12:38:56 PMAny luck?

I try to play the game but I do not find the ost, also i was looking for a longplay but nothing :(

Kricketune54

Quote from: JacopoTore on May 31, 2021, 02:23:20 PMI try to play the game but I do not find the ost, also i was looking for a longplay but nothing :(

Per this game's wikipedia entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niji_no_Silkroad:

Quotesoundtrack CD for the game was released titled Rainbow Silkroad Image Album WINDY ROAD. It contains the in-game music, with the addition of a few arrangements

That album is here... https://vgmdb.net/album/7695

Sounds like this should be called "Siam".  The first few songs on this album sound like they are probably the arrangements mentioned in the quote

EDIT: Considering there are titles and track numbers that don't line up between the only OST I found on youtube and the vgmdb list, I have no idea.  You gotta probably play the game with this one because the list of tracks seems mixed up from what is on vgmdb.

Static

From the info above, it looks like the game title should be "Niji no Silkroad" as well, with the "no" uncapitalized.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 31, 2021, 03:07:13 PMPer this game's wikipedia entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niji_no_Silkroad:

That album is here... https://vgmdb.net/album/7695

Sounds like this should be called "Siam".  The first few songs on this album sound like they are probably the arrangements mentioned in the quote

EDIT: Considering there are titles and track numbers that don't line up between the only OST I found on youtube and the vgmdb list, I have no idea.  You gotta probably play the game with this one because the list of tracks seems mixed up from what is on vgmdb.

:O

Libera