[NES] Niji no Silkroad - "Persia" by Jacopo Tore & Andrea Licheri

Started by Zeta, March 04, 2021, 03:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacopoTore

Sorry for the late. Tonight I have a concert maybe I Will do it after or tomorrow.
Sorry already

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on March 04, 2021, 07:34:41 PMAdditionally, what's the source for this piece and do you have a proper track name?

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 31, 2021, 03:07:13 PMPer this game's wikipedia entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niji_no_Silkroad:

That album is here... https://vgmdb.net/album/7695

Sounds like this should be called "Siam".  The first few songs on this album sound like they are probably the arrangements mentioned in the quote

EDIT: Considering there are titles and track numbers that don't line up between the only OST I found on youtube and the vgmdb list, I have no idea.  You gotta probably play the game with this one because the list of tracks seems mixed up from what is on vgmdb.

Still asking for an original source to compare the sheet against... YouTube video or original audio file
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on July 10, 2021, 04:06:54 PMStill asking for an original source to compare the sheet against... YouTube video or original audio file

ok thanks!

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

MomoQca

Quote from: JacopoTore on July 15, 2021, 04:54:05 AMZophar is not credible?

I think Latios212 is asking you to share the link to the song (whether that's YouTube or elsewhere). It makes the updaters' lives easier.

Kricketune54

I still don't think that answers Latios's question.  His point is how do you know Track 8 = Siam and if you have a source for it. 

I know I identified Siam as a possibility, but I kind of backtracked in my earlier post because it didn't seem to conclusively point to that as the name

EDIT:

This Youtube channel might be your salvation for finding the name of the song, he's been doing a playthrough of this game, which is also known as Rainbow Silkroad:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHdzaLMX063CWrf7Z6ULByg

My recommendation is to either play the ROM he links, or skip through his videos till you hear the song.  The game seems to show what area you are in, so if it's a tune for a place (ex. if it is Siam) you should skip around see if you can confirm

Kricketune54

I think I found the answer to what the song is and it should be Persia.

My reasoning: I randomly clicked the guy's video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIYp10Vdnkk

The music plays in a location called Tehran screenshot below

Tehran is the capital of Iran, which is historically known as Persia.  Earlier, the character is in Arabia, which would be West of Persia on the Silkroad

Hope this puts this to rest

JacopoTore

Quote from: Kricketune54 on July 15, 2021, 12:06:40 PMI think I found the answer to what the song is and it should be Persia.

My reasoning: I randomly clicked the guy's video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIYp10Vdnkk

The music plays in a location called Tehran screenshot below

Tehran is the capital of Iran, which is historically known as Persia.  Earlier, the character is in Arabia, which would be West of Persia on the Silkroad

Hope this puts this to rest

Ok I was looking for a longplay, thank you!
I have to change the title with Persia?

Latios212

Quote from: JacopoTore on July 15, 2021, 10:54:18 AMOk! No problem!
https://www.zophar.net/music/nintendo-nes-nsf/niji-no-silk-road-zig-zag-boukenki
Track 8
Thanks!

Quote from: JacopoTore on July 16, 2021, 07:42:52 AMI have to change the title with Persia?
Yes, please do. (Thanks Kricketune for the research!)

And about the sheet:
- Put the composer info on two lines instead of three
- For each of the measures except m. 5  and 7, the second quarter note in the left hand should be two tied eighth notes (in order to show beat 3)
- Put the eighth rests in m. 6 and 8 back on normal height on the staff since there's adequate room
- Set the height of the footer text to be 0 so it stays within the page margins
- Make sure the page size for whatever you're using to export the PDF matches the page size of the Finale file, because your PDF exports have the margins all off (this has been the case for all your other submissions as well).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on July 19, 2021, 07:06:21 PMThanks!
Yes, please do. (Thanks Kricketune for the research!)

And about the sheet:
- Put the composer info on two lines instead of three
- For each of the measures except m. 5  and 7, the second quarter note in the left hand should be two tied eighth notes (in order to show beat 3)
- Put the eighth rests in m. 6 and 8 back on normal height on the staff since there's adequate room
- Set the height of the footer text to be 0 so it stays within the page margins
- Make sure the page size for whatever you're using to export the PDF matches the page size of the Finale file, because your PDF exports have the margins all off (this has been the case for all your other submissions as well).
did it!

Latios212

All good, except for the last point:
Quote from: Latios212 on July 19, 2021, 07:06:21 PM- Make sure the page size for whatever you're using to export the PDF matches the page size of the Finale file, because your PDF exports have the margins all off (this has been the case for all your other submissions as well).
Compare the margins on the Finale file vs. the PDF:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Make sure you use the same page size when exporting - here, namely Letter (8.5 by 11 inches).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on July 25, 2021, 11:51:29 AMAll good, except for the last point:Compare the margins on the Finale file vs. the PDF:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Make sure you use the same page size when exporting - here, namely Letter (8.5 by 11 inches).
Did it!