News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - "Sky Realm" by Cashwarrior1

Started by Zeta, March 28, 2021, 01:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Sky Realm
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

[attachment deleted by admin]

cashwarrior1

This one is for my fellow pianists who can play 10ths comfortably

Static

The notes and arrangement sound pretty good, but your rhythm grouping is inconsistent. I hear the piece as 3+3+3+2 throughout the entire thing.
  • In m6, the LH isn't written this way. That 2nd quarter note should be an 8th note followed by an 8th rest (also note how the trill in the RH isn't grouped the same as in m15 - they should both look like m6).
    Spoiler
    [close]
  • The rests in m15-21 also don't line up correctly. By writing the rests in accordance with the 3+3+3+2 pattern, you can more clearly show the quarter note syncopation happening here:
    Spoiler
    [close]
  • I'm also confused as to why you beamed m27-28 the way you did, when it's the same melodic idea as m10-13.
These are just a few examples. But otherwise, the sheet looks pretty great!

Edit: also those grace notes should have slurs leading to the main note

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Static on April 07, 2021, 06:51:34 PM
  • I'm also confused as to why you beamed m27-28 the way you did, when it's the same melodic idea as m10-13.
I did that because when I was listening to the percussion in that part I felt that that's where the accent was. Though, after listening to the earlier parts' percussion, I think that the entire time it's actually being felt as 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 while the melody has more of a 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 feel. Regardless, I changed it now to match 10-13.

Static

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 08, 2021, 04:26:43 AMI did that because when I was listening to the percussion in that part I felt that that's where the accent was. Though, after listening to the earlier parts' percussion, I think that the entire time it's actually being felt as 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 while the melody has more of a 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 feel. Regardless, I changed it now to match 10-13.
Fair enough, I suppose. I just keep hearing it as the 3+3+3+2 way, probably because of the bass part.

Just a few last things from me: those quarter notes near the end of m27-33 should also be written as 8th notes (tied or not) so they don't cross the 3+2 division. And lastly, I noticed many of your staccato markings are lined up with the stems, but they should be lined up with the noteheads (like they would be if they were on the other side). See this topic for how to do that (or if you don't have v26, just do it manually I guess).

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Static on April 08, 2021, 07:53:15 AMAnd lastly, I noticed many of your staccato markings are lined up with the stems, but they should be lined up with the noteheads (like they would be if they were on the other side). See this topic for how to do that (or if you don't have v26, just do it manually I guess).
Okay so I've had that box ticked but it places them over the stem. When I uncheck that box it places it over the noteheads (and to be honest it looks weird that way to me :P). I left it unchecked so that they're over the noteheads

Static

Latios212

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 28, 2021, 01:14:37 PMThis one is for my fellow pianists who can play 10ths comfortably
Not just tenths, you've got augmented tenths here (Ab to C in m. 2-5). Given the brisk tempo I think those are pretty rough to hit. That said, they can be quickly rolled and there aren't that many so I wouldn't say you have to change them... Food for thought.

Other pretty small things:
- Missing "The" in the game title
- Extra space in arranger info
- Tempo marking: I would suggest notating something once it enters the 11/8 section, perhaps an (eighth=eighth) marking. Since the rhythm is 3+3+3+2 here it might make sense to write out what dotted quarter equals as well.
- The second note in m. 5 RH has a couple of grace notes before it - An and G
- I think the three quarter note rhythm in the LH of m. 15 and similar is a bit odd to read... but I can see why you guys decided on that. I guess it's alright by me
- Flatten the slurs a bit in the LH of m. 15-21, they arc up quite a bit. Same idea with RH of 23-24. Also make sure the slurs don't end up actually overlapping the staccato dots.
- The cross-staff bracket in m. 18 - would suggest making the horizontal line a little shorter and moving the whole thing to the right a bit to be closer to the note. (Also my first thought is that this would be easier played with the right hand, but I haven't really tested it out much)
- f in 23 would probably be better moved to the left and not squished between the notes on beat 1.
- In m. 23 beat 9 (counting eighth notes) I hear the upper melody as a (higher) C and the lower melody as an F, the opposite of what you have written right now.
- I feel like the cross-staffed group in m. 24 should just be eighth notes. I think it sounds like eighth notes in the original and this rhythm you wrote in doesn't appear anywhere else in the piece.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Latios212 on April 17, 2021, 01:03:34 PMNot just tenths, you've got augmented tenths here (Ab to C in m. 2-5). Given the brisk tempo I think those are pretty rough to hit. That said, they can be quickly rolled and there aren't that many so I wouldn't say you have to change them... Food for thought.
Yeah, I considered putting the Cs in the right hand but it'd also be an augmented 10th + the Ab in the middle

Quote from: Latios212 on April 17, 2021, 01:03:34 PM- The cross-staff bracket in m. 18 - would suggest making the horizontal line a little shorter and moving the whole thing to the right a bit to be closer to the note. (Also my first thought is that this would be easier played with the right hand, but I haven't really tested it out much)
I'm not entirely sure on the comfortability of this part played either way, but I think doing it in the right hand might be easier overall, so I changed it.

Updated.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta