News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Started by jake3343, August 19, 2008, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Koji Kondo
36 (58.1%)
Nobuo Uematsu
12 (19.4%)
Grant Kirkhope
5 (8.1%)
somebody else
9 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 61

KefkaticFanatic

Shado: Boo to you.

Now that I think about it, ZUN has to be put up there as one of the greatest composers ever.

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

Tranzlater

Hip did a few good ones... EB, Mother and Metroid... but that's about it.
Now he owns a freakish company and composes for Pokémon- the animated series (shudders)
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Brassman388

man, i really need to learn more vg composers. -sigh-

blah54

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

Dude

Brassman388

Tranzlater

I haven't heard much nobou... I only have FF12 and that's not composed by Nobou... right?
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Brassman388

Yeah, that was his last one, and he didn't even do all of the songs, he was mostly a supervisor.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

blah54

Quote from: Tranzlater on March 21, 2009, 03:02:44 AMI haven't heard much nobou... I only have FF12 and that's not composed by Nobou... right?

that was composed by sakimoto (the guy who did final fantasy tactics series music and some other stuff i can't remember)... i think nobuo only really got credit in that game b/c an arrangement of the final fantasy theme was used and battle of the big bridge (i think*)... but only arrangements of previous compositions of his were used as far as i know, sakimoto composed all the new stuff...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Brassman388

Quote from: blah54 on March 27, 2009, 08:37:14 PM
Quote from: Tranzlater on March 21, 2009, 03:02:44 AMI haven't heard much nobou... I only have FF12 and that's not composed by Nobou... right?

that was composed by sakimoto (the guy who did final fantasy tactics series music and some other stuff i can't remember)... i think nobuo only really got credit in that game b/c an arrangement of the final fantasy theme was used and battle of the big bridge (i think*)... but only arrangements of previous compositions of his were used as far as i know, sakimoto composed all the new stuff...

Didn't know that, i read that he was just a supervisor and helped with the compositions.