News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Started by jake3343, August 19, 2008, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Koji Kondo
36 (58.1%)
Nobuo Uematsu
12 (19.4%)
Grant Kirkhope
5 (8.1%)
somebody else
9 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 61

KefkaticFanatic

Shado: Boo to you.

Now that I think about it, ZUN has to be put up there as one of the greatest composers ever.

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

Tranzlater

Hip did a few good ones... EB, Mother and Metroid... but that's about it.
Now he owns a freakish company and composes for Pokémon- the animated series (shudders)
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Brassman388

man, i really need to learn more vg composers. -sigh-

blah54

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

Dude

Brassman388

Tranzlater

I haven't heard much nobou... I only have FF12 and that's not composed by Nobou... right?
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Brassman388

Yeah, that was his last one, and he didn't even do all of the songs, he was mostly a supervisor.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

blah54

Quote from: Tranzlater on March 21, 2009, 03:02:44 AMI haven't heard much nobou... I only have FF12 and that's not composed by Nobou... right?

that was composed by sakimoto (the guy who did final fantasy tactics series music and some other stuff i can't remember)... i think nobuo only really got credit in that game b/c an arrangement of the final fantasy theme was used and battle of the big bridge (i think*)... but only arrangements of previous compositions of his were used as far as i know, sakimoto composed all the new stuff...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Brassman388

Quote from: blah54 on March 27, 2009, 08:37:14 PM
Quote from: Tranzlater on March 21, 2009, 03:02:44 AMI haven't heard much nobou... I only have FF12 and that's not composed by Nobou... right?

that was composed by sakimoto (the guy who did final fantasy tactics series music and some other stuff i can't remember)... i think nobuo only really got credit in that game b/c an arrangement of the final fantasy theme was used and battle of the big bridge (i think*)... but only arrangements of previous compositions of his were used as far as i know, sakimoto composed all the new stuff...

Didn't know that, i read that he was just a supervisor and helped with the compositions.