Series: Drakengard/NieR
Game: NieR
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Halua
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

This was unreleased on the original soundtrack.  The composer info is a very educated guess based on a) knowing the members of MONACA involved and b) knowing who arranged it on the ver.1.22474487139... soundtrack.

Kricketune54

This is really quite beautiful- and quite straight forward haha.

Wondering if m24 RH warrants a roll on those notes- it sounded to me like there could be one there.

At m31, while there isn't a lot left of the song, I don't think it'd hurt to be faithful to the song and include a rit. starting at the eighth notes here.

At the fermatas, do you see any potential usage for some performance text saying something to the effect of "let the sound carry" or "fade out"?  I know fade out is probably not the right term and con pedale is already in the beginning, so maybe this is a redundant point.

Libera

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 17, 2021, 02:23:31 PMWondering if m24 RH warrants a roll on those notes- it sounded to me like there could be one there.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 17, 2021, 02:23:31 PMAt m31, while there isn't a lot left of the song, I don't think it'd hurt to be faithful to the song and include a rit. starting at the eighth notes here.

Sure.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 17, 2021, 02:23:31 PMAt the fermatas, do you see any potential usage for some performance text saying something to the effect of "let the sound carry" or "fade out"?  I know fade out is probably not the right term and con pedale is already in the beginning, so maybe this is a redundant point.

Hmm, I'm not really sure this makes sense.  I think it's going to happen naturally and there's not much the performer can do besides the fermata which is already present.  I think I'll just leave it.

Thanks for having a look.  Files updated.

Code_Name_Geek

I agree that this sounds really beautiful! One comment, I think there's another note happening above the bass on beat 1 of m. 12? I can't quite make out the pitch though, so my ears could be playing tricks on me.

Latios212

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on September 23, 2021, 11:13:55 AMI agree that this sounds really beautiful! One comment, I think there's another note happening above the bass on beat 1 of m. 12? I can't quite make out the pitch though, so my ears could be playing tricks on me.
There's something there, it sounds like a B-D dyad in reach of the right hand.

Other than that, it sounds like there's a few harmony notes missing in m. 13 - Cn, D, A below the first few melody notes.

Not much else to say. Nice sheet :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Thanks for the help you two!  Files are updated.

Latios212

Nice :) I would just suggest flipping the tie between 11-12 up, away from the lower layer.

Nothing else from me, I shall approve
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

It's hard to find something wrong with this, but there are a few things that caught my attention:
  • Have you tried spacing this with 6 measures per system (7 for the last one)? It lets you fit everything on one page, and it's still pretty readable with plenty of space.
  • m23: It sounds like there's a G# (G#4 specifically) that plays on beat 1.
  • The left side of the 8va markings towards the end could probably be moved a bit to the right.

Libera

I made the suggested changes.  Thanks!

Static

When you adjusted things, the D.C. got moved just a hair outside the right margin. Other than that, looks good

Libera

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot